What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2016 Outdoor Garden of Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HazyBulldog

I saw that tumbler on line, and it looked very nice. However I went another route.

https://youtu.be/sPz9Ir1VdUo

Dude is awesome. He sent me a parts list from grainger, and sold me the machined custom parts and screens. Still hasn't all arrived, but looks second to none.

Like I said, the APE is solid, however not big enough for my needs.

H

HazyBulldog

I should have said dude sells the unit for 3k. I built mine for a little over 1200.

LostTribe

Premium user
Getting my rosin station all set up. Waiting on my custom frame from ExtractedColorado, but once that shows up, I have about 20 stuffed bins full of flowers, and a entire crop worth of trim to squish. Trim gets spun in my APE, but I am working on a custom, variable speed pollen spinner that holds more like 2000g instead of 150 that the APE is capable of. The APE is a fantastic unit, would recommend it for sure. I will throw pics up once I build my Pollen spinner, but I have parts on order til early Nov.

View Image

Why ICmag turns all the pics sideways is pissing me off. I keep saying this, but I post on other sites without this issue, and in my albums it shows up correct.....

View Image

Is that your head stash for this year? Probably won't last you until spring!

What happened out in the greenhouse? I think you had mentioned PM....guessing that would have affected the c99's....

H

HazyBulldog

Is that your head stash for this year? Probably won't last you until spring!

What happened out in the greenhouse? I think you had mentioned PM....guessing that would have affected the c99's....

Yea, the cindy's did not take well to the PM. Saved most the tops, but the smalls are a no go. THe outdoor cindy had zero mildew, and I am bucking that down right now. Once trimmed up I will post some pictures.

I hope to start selling my rosin brand to clubs. Working on branding and packaging right now. My head stash is whatever is left over, I guess I am the opposite than most. Cash before stash. Then reinvest.

thats for the tumbler only thou right, how much for the heated automatic press?

yes, that is the tumbler. The press itself was more around 2500. Then I bought 1000 bags, pre - press dye, and a custom frame. So my prices vary, but the normal rate I believe was 2500.

maxmurder

Veteran
I once called poison control because I was using h202 without gloves for the first time ever. I was all panicked that I was going to die, called and told them...... They were like, ummmm, yea, it will turn your skin white. No worries. lol I have always used alcohol.

my bulldogs were fighting in the garage and knocked a partial gallon of 35% h2o2 off a shelf (the lid broke) and my girlfriend grabbed some paper towels to clean it up- i get the call "BAAAAABE WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS STUFF?? MY HAND IS BURNING LIKE CRAZY AND MY SKIN IS TURNING WHITE!!

jidoka

my bulldogs were fighting in the garage and knocked a partial gallon of 35% h2o2 off a shelf (the lid broke) and my girlfriend grabbed some paper towels to clean it up- i get the call "BAAAAABE WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS STUFF?? MY HAND IS BURNING LIKE CRAZY AND MY SKIN IS TURNING WHITE!!

I hope she is ok. 35% may be in the danger zone

plantingplants

I think there needs to be some honesty in packaging for rosin and scent oils. My buddy brought me some 'strawberry' rosin and it very obviously had some flavor oil added to it but didn't indicate that anywhere. People will still buy the flavored shit if it's labeled. I don't liked the deceit.

Then there's the pumpkin spice pre roll my buddy had. You don't need a label for that to know. That shit was ridiculous.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
I think there needs to be some honesty in packaging for rosin and scent oils. My buddy brought me some 'strawberry' rosin and it very obviously had some flavor oil added to it but didn't indicate that anywhere. People will still buy the flavored shit if it's labeled. I don't liked the deceit.

Then there's the pumpkin spice pre roll my buddy had. You don't need a label for that to know. That shit was ridiculous.

I was in the waiting room at a bay area dispensary waiting to vend and spoke to one of these new "extract artist" who add flavorings/terps to there extracts, he felt it was no problem and not deceitful at all, i explained that it was artificial and not natural terps from the plant in question, his reasoning is that all "terps/flavors used where derived from plants", didn't mean it wasn't still tainting the flavor of the cannabis plant imo.. complete crap... they should be required to label it if any additional flavorings where added..

H

HazyBulldog

I was in the waiting room at a bay area dispensary waiting to vend and spoke to one of these new "extract artist" who add flavorings/terps to there extracts, he felt it was no problem and not deceitful at all, i explained that it was artificial and not natural terps from the plant in question, his reasoning is that all "terps/flavors used where derived from plants", didn't mean it wasn't still tainting the flavor of the cannabis plant imo.. complete crap... they should be required to label it if any additional flavorings where added..

Seems like room in the market for both atm. I agree with you, and that is how I plan to market my rosin. Clean green, solvent and additive free.

What are they adding for flavorings?

EastBayGrower

Veteran
What are they adding for flavorings?

Im just a lowly cannabis grower so i dont know much but from what i gathered from our brief conversation is tht they extract say lemon terps from lemons and add that to concentrates to increase flavors... his reasoning was "as long as the additives are all plant based, its fine"

like lemon terps/flavorings to OGs or something, and then you try for years to recreate that smell/taste to only be fooled, i wouldn't be a happy camper, keep it puro..

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
probably limonene..... what gives? i would at least lace that stuff with malic acid

H

HazyBulldog

hows the squish coming along?

best
LT

Not at all yet. Just got confirmation, the parts I am missing should be arriving this Friday by end of day. Then it's squishin' time! I already have a TON of kief to press. Gonna be fun.

How easy is it to get the doctors rec at the cup? I'm assuming I need it to buy seeds?

I have never been to the emerald cup, but if it's anything like hempcon or the others, you can get a script for less than 50$ and less than 20 minutes. I hear good things about online doctors as well, might be able to get it done before you come out. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts