What's new

2015 on the Chernozem - Panama, Zamaldelica, Thai, Nepal Jam, Sweet Tooth, Stardawg

yoss33

Veteran
Here are Panama #4 and Zamaldelica and a very comfortable chair :)
picture.php

And the view from that chair...
picture.php

A few photos of Zamaldelica from close. It smells almost sickly sweet in the heats, and its strong preflowering and dense tops, now in the middle of July, make it look as if it's starting to flower. It looks like Haze in October. I'm happy to see the "semi autoflowering" trait of the Zamal mother expressed in my plant, as the best Zamaldelica plant I've smoked had it.
picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Panama #4 from close:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And Panama #5...
picture.php

picture.php

These 2 plants both have branchy structure but P#4 is so much more compact and with fatter rigid stems. P#5 was among the most lankiest (thin flexible branches, "delicate"-looking) red Panamas of the 37 Panamas my friend grew, and P#4 - among the most compact.

yoss33

Veteran
The Nepal Jam, Sweet Tooth #3 and Stardawg. Hopefully, the 2 images will fit.
I have to tie the NepJam back because its bending over the Sweet Tooth.

picture.php

picture.php

And the SSSDH, poking from the bush :) It was a bit thirsty for the photo shoot today eventhough it was watered 3 days ago.
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks, people!

Here's a fresh load of photos. Plants haven't progressed much, I water them every 2-3 days and it's about enough for them in the heats.

Thai
picture.php

picture.php

Zamaldelica, with its strong pre-flowering
picture.php

... and small leaves
picture.php

Panama #4
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Panama #5 is going to receive an hour or 2 of additional direct sunshine now that I removed some shrubs and branches of trees around it.
picture.php

Lovely lanky-but-compact branchy structure with thin zig-zaging stems.
picture.php

The SSSDH clone
picture.php

And NepJam, Stardawg and Sweet Tooth #3
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Hi, people!

A few photos from yesterday.

Thai
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And the happy neighborhood with tomatoes :)
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Zamaldelica
Apart from the strong preflowering (the so-called semi-autoflowering), this plant posesses another peculiar feature of the best Zamaldelica plant that a friend of mine grew in 2013 on his balcony. It gets pollinated and develops seeds when there shouldn't be any flowering males in a long range and when no other plant around it has any pre-flower pollinated!! In 2013, when my friend told me that one of his Zamaldelicas has seeds in the middle of July, I told him this plant must have hermied because the wild hemp we have in the area does not flower in June but in August. We checked the plant very carefully and there were no male flowers and what was more surprising - there wasn't a single seeded flower in the other plants around it, while this Zamaldelica had hundreds of seeds (more than 50% of the many preflowers were seeded). In 2014 my friend grew several plants from these seeds, and the plants were diverse and not as potent as the mother, suggesting open pollination from wild hemp...
Yesterday I removed a dozen mature seeds, smelling the resin on the seed covers, and they smell exactly like the balcony Zamaldelica described above, which is not as tropical fruity as the other Zamaldelicas, but more kitchen herbal/spicy.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Panama #4
The bottom part of this plant is seriously infested with mites, the leaves are all covered in tiny white spots. The Zamaldelica and Thai plants suffer too, but to a lesser degree. I was wondering if to spray with something, but the plants are strong and healthy and I decided to let them fight by themselves, hopefully upping the protective resins :)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Nepal Jam, Sweet Tooth #3 and Stardawg
Still not flowering but looking close...
picture.php

Stardawg
picture.php

Sweet Tooth #3
picture.php

Nepal Jam
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Hi, people!
A few photos from 2 days ago. I didn't have time to take better photos in the windy weather.
On my visit 2 days ago I found the Thai with 2 broken and 1 heavily bent (but not broken) branches. Two branches is a minor damage for the first August storms, I'm happy all the rest of plants are fine.
Nepal Jam and Stardawg have just started flowering. SSSDH and Sweet Tooth #3 seem on the verge. Zamaldelica and Panama #5 have strong pre-flowering but still no real flowering.
I sprayed Panama #4 and Zamaldelica with a pyrethroid+nicotinoid combo because the Panama is getting rather infested with mites, I haven't seen a plant suffer so much from spider mites outdoors, the infestation is usually limited by predators, but not on this plant. The Zamaldelica right next to it is much less infested.

Panama #4
picture.php

Panama #4 and Zamaldelica
picture.php

Thai, with the broken branches before they were removed
picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Panama #5 which like the Zamaldelica individual seems to have very fertile pre-flowers and is pollinated while the rest of plants don't have any seeds.
picture.php

picture.php

SSSDH (Ojd cut)
picture.php

Nepal Jam, Sweet Tooth #3 and Stardawg, the 3 of which seem most thirsty for the photoshoot. I was on a short vacation and didn't water for 6 days.
picture.php

And Stardawg 's top from a little closer
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts