What's new

2014 Light Dep Project

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Yep. We took down part of the garden over here. Letting the clearspan ripen another day or so. One pad on the ridge will be ready in ten days, and we need to get everything from here processed by the time that is dry. The logistics of bringing down two large light deps and sharing some of the workers and equipment can be a daunting task. But I think we got it.
picture.php

picture.php

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yesss.....cant wait until thats ready. i do the same thing with the hortinova to dry really helps maximize space.

BYF no full term next year! damn whats with everybody jumpin off the fullterm train lol...

i cant built any blackouts on my terraces so im stuck with full season plants forever, or until i find a new spot to do auto deps..

yesss.....cant wait until thats ready. i do the same thing with the hortinova to dry really helps maximize space.

BYF no full term next year! damn whats with everybody jumpin off the fullterm train lol...

i cant built any blackouts on my terraces so im stuck with full season plants forever, or until i find a new spot to do auto deps..

happy harvest fisher!!! nice work

yes215: thats just scatter brained hipster talk on byf's part......he'll be doing full term for many years to come :p

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Prop , I use hella water to do my full term and one crop a year is Ok, but I'd prefer 3 harvests

I like the idea of putting 24 100s in a 24x100 auto black out. The potential for 50 units per house is there. I have room for As many as I can afford...

I haven't decided yet for sure, but the way things are going...just seems dumb not to.

I would yield more than I do with one full term crop , blackouts get better tickets, I can tend any strain I want because of the closed environment, and be done and on the beach a few months sooner.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^^ true true....

my main issue with full season is just the complete gamble on one crop. if the F-boys come visit and take it all down, or if some natural disaster comes and fucks it all up, an entire season of work and investment goes up.

one of the main reasons i got back into indoor to keep consecutive harvests going, and a main reason i will be throwing a ton of money at auto deps as soon as i can. already got a few places in mind i can fit them..

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Here's the biggest tip I can give you, get the biggest grid service the county will allow and have it dropped at your build site beforehand...or buy a 200kw multiquip.

If you have an auto dep and don't fill it with e paps you only put the tip in. I go balls deep

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Come on now.......Trolls? More like subscribed members of the community and to Fishers thread here.
Ponos garden speaks for itself. My garden speaks for itself. That gopher is fukin' hilarious.
Pono created a funny, and used it to compliment homies garden of funk. How is that not contributing?
Huh there BuzzKillington?

Not all of us are sitting in front of the computer with 23 different grow guides waiting for someone to ask a question so we can show off our expert growing knowledge that we copied from the grow guide. Some of us like to just chill and laugh and have a good time.
Input that!

If Fisher wants some Input or book knowledge...he'll go to you for it... since you seem all ready to go.
He aint gonna ask me. Right Fisher? I dont know squat about light dep. Never did one.

Pangea

Veteran
Looking great fisher! Hope your harvest is going well.

I did a quick skim but came up empty, apologize if its been answered.

What do you use to hold down and secure your light dep material?

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Thanks Pangea. On the ridge we are using the Golden Arms to facilitate tarping the 20x96' houses. The arm holds the tarp on just fine, but in extreme wind we've had it actually catch the tarp, throwing the arms back over the structure. Not cool and very dangerous. Hence the early tarping schedule up there to avoid the nightly gusts. At the other spot with the costco carport frames, the tarp is on from 8p-8a and I never had issue with wind, thankfully. I have a bunch of snap row clamps, I think they're called, from Peaceful Valley, that snap over the carport framing. Those can be used in a pinch to secure plastic but pop off in strong winds unless screwed to the framework.

Pangea

Veteran
Right on, those golden arms seem like a pleasure to operate rather than manually pulling, just cant swallow the price for such a simple tool, I need a iron arm for a ghetto fabulous diy puller.

I know some folks use pool cover water weight tubes, but they are pricey and have many bad reviews for puncturing easy.

Im a few days into tarping our structures and have lucked out with the wind, until tonight. 50mph forcast for tonight and tomorrow so I'm going to be hauling a bunch of steel pipe I have laying about to use as temporary weights. If its windy when we have to pull its going to get ugly...

I will be filling some 1-1/2inch ABS plumbing pipe with gravel or concrete for permanent use around the perimeters.

Again, big ups to you and your team.

JVonChron

some folks I know use a very primitive version of a golden arm. they just dug a small hole as a pivot point(in same location as cement base for golden arm to go into) and use a big pole. the cover tarp corner goes on top of pole, the bottom of pole goes into hole, and then its used same as a golden arm and extends over hoop house. it takes a person on each side to work super fast but it CAN be done with one person just a bit slower. they use plain old gator clamps to attach cover to the hoop house. never seen em have much issue with wind because the hoop house is kinda on an undercut terrace...

tino1013

Wow! Great thread and setup! Love that combo of vermifire and hundies.
Everything is looking wonderful

Can you explain how the golden arms work? I'm having a hard time visualising what they do and how they work.

Latest posts

Latest posts