What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2014 Light Dep Project

Dkgrower

Veteran
Hey fisher thanks for the reply, will try and fittel with it =)

In Thailand its really difficult to find good weed if you are used to high end quality.. and its properly from laos, jfi.. =)

local weeds stay very local, while 99% of all briked weed is from Laos.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yeah man in the same boat, fucking ordinance is really cramping everybody. but most seem pretty sure they won't be able to catch everybody so i think alot will still grow out here. the local cops will have their hands full just dealing with all the BS compliance checks in city limits and in residential areas.

i definately want to do something like you though, just pull tarp over my plants in july and harvest the main crop in august. smaller yield but you can get them to the dry summer market and reload the hillside for that bumper crop in october with a bunch of cash already tucked away, and hopefully before any compliance checks.

im also hearing that measure A is still complaint driven, so even though they loosened the rules on who can snitch, it still requires a neighbor or someone to do that, and in our remote area where all our neighbors are also farmers, maybe that won't happen. hope you stick around man.

Mad Lab

yeah man in the same boat, fucking ordinance is really cramping everybody. but most seem pretty sure they won't be able to catch everybody so i think alot will still grow out here. the local cops will have their hands full just dealing with all the BS compliance checks in city limits and in residential areas.

i definately want to do something like you though, just pull tarp over my plants in july and harvest the main crop in august. smaller yield but you can get them to the dry summer market and reload the hillside for that bumper crop in october with a bunch of cash already tucked away, and hopefully before any compliance checks.

im also hearing that measure A is still complaint driven, so even though they loosened the rules on who can snitch, it still requires a neighbor or someone to do that, and in our remote area where all our neighbors are also farmers, maybe that won't happen. hope you stick around man.

I hope all is well for you guys. I was surprised to see all of the billboards informing people of the new ordinance on the highways.

All depp seems to be the way to go. Awesome to see that mega-depp last year work out so well. So much work pulling those tarps everyday, you slave, glad too see them turn out so beautiful.

Bo Hasset

Butte's finest have already been out in force in my little hamlet out in the sticks. We have a "beat cop" who normally does a required up and down the hill as far as he can make it (hehe) once a day for "our safety". He was spotted pulling up to a well known garden in the area right off the road near a "trailer park" of sorts, not to check the garden's compliance, but to show a new rookie cop who I guess will be cruising the hill where "one of the big one's are". If only...

Also, same two piggies went riding a friend's driveway who happened to have the gate unlocked as he was expecting a delivery. My friend met them as they were getting out of the car in front of his garden which happens to be directly across from his house. His spot isn't anything to sneeze at, but there are far bigger in these hills... just 48 mounds and two longs hoop houses for light dep. He said the cops asked him when he was going to start getting ready for planting. He just gave them a blank stare and asked, "Did you cops not hear? The county changed the ordinance. You're looking at the future site of a apple orchard." His spot has never been given the axe in the years I've been out here, but let's just say it's near the "thunderdome" so to speak. He said the cops just looked puzzled, then left without anything further.

I keep hearing the same rumblings from the same old folks up here that "there ain't shit anyone can do to stop all of us and blah, blah, blah, fuck em'."

And I agree to a point. On any given year, we know that thousands of gardens that are seriously out of compliance skate by each year because there simply aren't enough feet on the ground from the county to even pay some of these gardens a compliance check, much less come back to make sure things were put in check.

It's a losing battle for the county and even our sheriff and DA have admitted as such. I predict the growers of Butte aren't going to have it quite as rough as it seems right now, but it's going to get ugly for some folks this year and plenty of dreams will definitely get stomped on and crushed.

I've elected to still be legal in the eyes of state law and the spirit of prop 215 if I should actually plug in gardens within this county this year. However, I'm going to be dialing things back in the sense that you won't be seeing 99 plants row crop style if you fly over me.

I've been thinking about breaking up about 40 acres into 10 hypothetical parcels and placing 6-12 plants in 8x8x1.5 mounds and let them hedge together come the end of the year. Sort of a throwback to the "days on hiding under the trees during the Regan era" to paraphrase Tom.

The patches would still be all full sun, but would be naturally fenced in by something like a stand of manzanitas. There are already plenty of such clearings on the property from the days when people up here didn't have 215 to fall back on.

So, there's that idea or I've got a few Plan B's lined up elsewhere in the 530.

It's going to be a challenging year out here, boys! At least we got a little bit of that rain we needed so badly.... other than that, stay on your toes and don't get caught standing still. This year will be a fast one.

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
Butte's finest have already been out in force in my little hamlet out in the sticks. We have a "beat cop" who normally does a required up and down the hill as far as he can make it (hehe) once a day for "our safety". He was spotted pulling up to a well known garden in the area right off the road near a "trailer park" of sorts, not to check the garden's compliance, but to show a new rookie cop who I guess will be cruising the hill where "one of the big one's are". If only...

Also, same two piggies went riding a friend's driveway who happened to have the gate unlocked as he was expecting a delivery. My friend met them as they were getting out of the car in front of his garden which happens to be directly across from his house. His spot isn't anything to sneeze at, but there are far bigger in these hills... just 48 mounds and two longs hoop houses for light dep. He said the cops asked him when he was going to start getting ready for planting. He just gave them a blank stare and asked, "Did you cops not hear? The county changed the ordinance. You're looking at the future site of a apple orchard." His spot has never been given the axe in the years I've been out here, but let's just say it's near the "thunderdome" so to speak. He said the cops just looked puzzled, then left without anything further.

I keep hearing the same rumblings from the same old folks up here that "there ain't shit anyone can do to stop all of us and blah, blah, blah, fuck em'."

And I agree to a point. On any given year, we know that thousands of gardens that are seriously out of compliance skate by each year because there simply aren't enough feet on the ground from the county to even pay some of these gardens a compliance check, much less come back to make sure things were put in check.

It's a losing battle for the county and even our sheriff and DA have admitted as such. I predict the growers of Butte aren't going to have it quite as rough as it seems right now, but it's going to get ugly for some folks this year and plenty of dreams will definitely get stomped on and crushed.

I've elected to still be legal in the eyes of state law and the spirit of prop 215 if I should actually plug in gardens within this county this year. However, I'm going to be dialing things back in the sense that you won't be seeing 99 plants row crop style if you fly over me.

I've been thinking about breaking up about 40 acres into 10 hypothetical parcels and placing 6-12 plants in 8x8x1.5 mounds and let them hedge together come the end of the year. Sort of a throwback to the "days on hiding under the trees during the Regan era" to paraphrase Tom.

The patches would still be all full sun, but would be naturally fenced in by something like a stand of manzanitas. There are already plenty of such clearings on the property from the days when people up here didn't have 215 to fall back on.

So, there's that idea or I've got a few Plan B's lined up elsewhere in the 530.

It's going to be a challenging year out here, boys! At least we got a little bit of that rain we needed so badly.... other than that, stay on your toes and don't get caught standing still. This year will be a fast one.

First, great thread Fish! Bo, dont look to Shasta County for any grow relief. The Prop A deal (unimproved Shasta County areas outdoor ban) has yet to be tested but nevertheless, its here. It was voted in last Nov but by then everyone was harvesting so no big.

The closer we get to spring plant, the louder the grumbling is getting. Yea, there's a lot of "screw it-just do it", other folks have picked up and moved on while some are moving into the city of Redding where outdoor growing is still legal. Go the fuck figure.

Its kind of funny. Actually down right hilarious. Prop A was primarily voted in by city residents who where tired of all the in-city backyard growing. The powers-that-be-said " Vote yes on A and we'll ban all outdoor growing in Shasta County. Well, the voters voted A in but the sneaky city council/supervisors only banned outdoor growing in the unimproved areas and left the city alone. So now, all the Prop A yes voters are realizing they got majorly bent over, the city boys who only grow a few measly plants are stupidly ecstatic and us country gro-brethren folks are askin - WTF?

The Redding city council just recently ruled to leave the city alone, stating - "We'll wait to see what the state of California and the Feds are gonna do...LOL. Unbelievable. You cant grow outdoors on 40 acres in Shasta County now but you can if you live in downtown redding...What a moronic mess...

Some claim the county is going to go broke defending the 215 right to grow lawsuits, others say snitch neighbors are gonna get shot left and right. Who knows. Oh, 4 patients in Oroville did just file a lawsuit against the outdoor ban in Butte...Jeeez, enough is enough...cc

As a footnote, splitting property for grow purposes in Shasta Co isnt the best of plans. The new ordinance states- The property must have an "approved and existing" dwelling before growing can be done and then, only in an approved detached structure ( because of the outdoor ban) which requires a permit if over 120 sg ft. And you cant get a dwelling permit without a septic permit etc etc. A fella could go broke just paying property splitting fees and developmental permit fees...

Last edited:

Bo Hasset

I hear your, pard. But don't you worry one bit. This grow-bro just got done transversing Rasta County on my way to Eureka where me and the dogs are bunkering down for the night before skipping on down to Garberville to pick up some of our own brother in arms, BYF, and some of his collective's seed catalogue. Point before that was that I got the heevie jeevies from the time I saw the Cottonwood exit all the way until I hit the Trinity line. Shasta is the last on my list of places I'd consider growing this season. No offense. Beautiful scenery, but the politics of that county make the good ol' boy network I group up with in the deep south look like saints.

I feel like the patriotic thing (if you can call it that) is to just hunker down where I stand and grow like no one can tell me not to. And I would've probably done just that 10-15 years ago, but I've got big enough things on my plate already without having to deal with criminal charges stemming from an honest attempt to supply patients medicine who can't grow for themselves. I don't get greedy and always have far more than the minimum the number of scripts required for every 6 mature plants., but I just don't feel like tempting fate with a grow of 48 or 99 full-sun plants all laid out in perfect rows.

I've got a lot to think about in the next couple weeks ago and luckily I have a few options... I'd like to stay in the place I love and live and grow without fear, but with their presence out in force already this year I know it'll be a hard battle fought and won for those that go the distance and make it to harvest come fall. Anyone settling for low-ball prices this fall in Butte county either has shit for herb or they're borderline retarded.

And yeah, I saw a blurb on the news last night about the lawsuit out of Oroville. I'm with you, let it die... but on the other hand, if something they/a lawyer can say or do to stay this ordinance another season then I've got starts I can throw into hoops with heaters tomorrow and be pulling tarp on a mess of 65 gallon pots by the end of the month. One can dream....

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
Dude, you sound dialed. Not like most of the medicated morons out there who fashion themselves expert growers when all theyre doin is breathing air I'm gonna need later. LOL

Come spring, the lawyers will be here thicker than growers, like circlin buzzards, waitn for us to suffer massive legal injury. IMO, instead of ambulance chasers, they'll be grow pot chasers...Trinity and Humboldt will always push back. Esp Trinity. No lay-down & roll over buckaroos in that neck of the woods...cc

Bo Hasset

1st Rule of my internally fortified "cannabis constitution"

1. Don't ever become so desperate in your pursuit of glory that you let your guard/morals/principles sway so as to throw the whole damn thing off course... Don't work with those people either even when they offer you the best Hamburgular-type situation they can dream up.

I've done many a stupid thing in this game, but following that one rule even when it feels like it hurts not to... the rubble always clears and I inevitably see that the decision to hold steady for something or some other opportunity was the right choice.

Now, to get back to the awesomeness that is fisher... how about some more of those 101 N shots? I'm actually texting back and forth with some fly by night clone op up here in Humboldt who have listed a cut of Trainwreck x NL#5.... but that's a little off and a little backward from the real deal, huh? I so want the 101 in my stable by May.

Bo Hasset

That ain't the 101... The 101 is nl s1 x trainwreck..grass has 101 x chemdog

Yeah, I thought I remember you telling me the NL was an S1 in that cross... after e-mailing the person with the "cuts" it became pretty clear they weren't even sure if it was actually a pot plant after I dizzied them with questions.

I'm definitely grabbing a pack or two of the Highway 3 ( which is the 101 x Chemdog, right?).

I can't wait to pop a gaggle of those DOG backcross... I so hope I can find something real, real similar to the real clone only. Rocking that cut in my deps and then watching it get a little bit more dialed in my full-sun had me so fucking pumped for that strain... fuck a flooded basement! But the positive is that at least we got the rain....

Maybe I'll get lucky and the weed gods will smile on me and have a tray of DOG clones waiting on me at Garberville.

Isn't there a DOG X C-99 out of yall's camp? Or did someone else do that? I think I would like that cross.

And you know how gay I am for the Two Wave... the ones in your garden have been "e-rolled and e-smoked" more than once in my drug-addled mind.

It's crazy... every year I try to grab a few packs of some killer genetics as part of a harvest present for myself and I'll be damned if it isn't like the night before Christmas. I'm so pumped to snag those beans/cuts tomorrow and the sad part is that the bulk of them won't get popped for another two or more months... with the exception of the DOG bx. I'm on that like dog on a bone the second I hit the Butte County line... and the West Coast Witch.

Anyone seen a clone making the rounds that's supposedly Blue Dream x Mr. Nice? I know it seems crazy, but I think that somehow that combo holds some real magic.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
great convo going on here, can't copy and paste everything but i hear BO and cannido 100%

I've been having alot of convos with the locals here, and paying attention to the news.

one of the more surprising things i read, was from an actual "code enforcement officer" that even admitted they will be overwhelmed and facing opposition once the season rolls around. thats pretty funny.

they have allocated a measly 600k to hire extra CEOs, which @ 80k salary plus benefits exceeding 100k, only 6 extra officers. hahahhah yea good luck with that, you will need to bring in a whole division of marines to effectly enforce any kind of code enforcement.

which brings me to point 2, ITS JUST FUCKING CODE ENFORCEMENT. even last year with the liberal measure B limits, people out of compliance growing 99 basically just got letters telling them to cut back or face fines. sure some got raided, but majority were just compliance checks.

they are definately already out in force, several people have been checked but mostly because they left gates open or their properties are very close to town or main roads.

whats even weirder, is that in 2012 measure "A" was defeated by a 60-30 margin. and only 2 years later, measure A wins by that exact margin. something tells me the books were cooked, no way all of a sudden the numbers shift that much, especially with growers and marijuana people flooding into this county more and more every year.

code enforcement is going to have a HELL of a year….i bet we will see some jefferson state dont tread on me standoffs happen this year. some of these guys won't even let realtors on their roads to show neighboring properties, bring the guns out and everything. good luck to some plain clothes CEOs rolling up trespassing. honestly i would be paranoid and not have any desire at all to trespass on property up here with a rifle behind every blade of grass.

#libertyrisingbutte

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Yeah, I thought I remember you telling me the NL was an S1 in that cross... after e-mailing the person with the "cuts" it became pretty clear they weren't even sure if it was actually a pot plant after I dizzied them with questions.

I'm definitely grabbing a pack or two of the Highway 3 ( which is the 101 x Chemdog, right?).

Yes exactly

I can't wait to pop a gaggle of those DOG backcross... I so hope I can find something real, real similar to the real clone only. Rocking that cut in my deps and then watching it get a little bit more dialed in my full-sun had me so fucking pumped for that strain... fuck a flooded basement! But the positive is that at least we got the rain....

Shouldn't be a problem

Maybe I'll get lucky and the weed gods will smile on me and have a tray of DOG clones waiting on me at Garberville.

Isn't there a DOG X C-99 out of yall's camp? Or did someone else do that? I think I would like that cross.

Baccas125 made that cross with Mosca Negra seeds. I grew a bunch out and was thoroughly disappointed...I really wanted a pineapple smelling DOG...all I got was a bunch of dutch smelling ones with less frost than mom

And you know how gay I am for the Two Wave... the ones in your garden have been "e-rolled and e-smoked" more than once in my drug-addled mind.

It's crazy... every year I try to grab a few packs of some killer genetics as part of a harvest present for myself and I'll be damned if it isn't like the night before Christmas. I'm so pumped to snag those beans/cuts tomorrow and the sad part is that the bulk of them won't get popped for another two or more months... with the exception of the DOG bx. I'm on that like dog on a bone the second I hit the Butte County line... and the West Coast Witch.

I planted a West Coast Witch in July and it did over 5 lb

Anyone seen a clone making the rounds that's supposedly Blue Dream x Mr. Nice? I know it seems crazy, but I think that somehow that combo holds some real magic.

:tiphat: All the best with the Butte county hubbub this season

Bo Hasset

BOOM!

REP YO HOOD IN 2015, YA'LL!!!

Big ups to BYF and friends at South Fork for dropping these beans recently at Wonderland!

picture.php

I thought I asked for 2 packs of the Highway 3 (or 3 South as it says on the bag), but oh well... pretty pumped about everything else. I had to walk out of Wonderland before I threw down another mortgage payment or two.

I'm guessing West Coast Witch is the "Spell Caster" (Witches Weed x (WCD x Witches Weed))? They didn't have any for sale, but she had three sample tubes left... she tried to send me off with all three, but I had a moment of compassion and left the last one for someone else.

Anyone try Ganja's F3's, yet? Not knocking him at all b/c he shows the community love, but I've stayed away from that 5-headed poly-hybrid despite mostly great reviews with good reason as I couldn't fathom in sort of pheno stability, but now at the F3 I was assured by some staff there that the lines have become much more predictable. Let's hope!

And I'm a sucker for things that come in shiny packages and cost lots of money... hence the Afficionado beans. I did well with their Black Lime last year... however, I had abysmal germination rates on both of the boxes of 78 LA Affie I picked up. The first pack I popped was 7/10 and since they have a 100% guarantee I e-mailed their staff and within a week had a package with 9 replacements! Very great customer service... I was so elated with their professionalism that I gifted those seeds to a friend who has yet to crack them. About two weeks ago I popped the remaining 10 beans of the 78 LA and only 2/10 broke the surface. This was in a seedling tray of 50 seeds with most of the seeds coming out of the same vac-sealed bag from my fridge where I had the LA... Of the remaining 40 I ended up with 35 and that's only because I killed two with my gorilla hands. So, I know I can germinate a seed properly... I took pictures, but haven't even bothered to let them know again. I figure with it being over a year since purchase it could be user error, though the real test will be when my friends germinates the 9 I gifted him... But anyway, their Black Lime was 10/10 and produced wonderful, AAA nugs... so I'm going on the opinion that the 78 LA stock was either old because it was purchased from this "mystery" keeper of the line and not open pollinated by them OR SPARC in SF somehow switched out my seeds for some brick weed seeds. And I'm well aware that there exists an excellent Royal Kush in circulation, but I've got another agenda in addition to my continual pursuit of early flowering big yielders of potent herb.

And back to Butte... you know... not to let the cat out of the bag (as if it's a secret)... but there are about a half dozen counties right around us up here with no ordinance on the books except to fall back on state guidelines, or the ordinance is such that it basically reads (to the lawyer in me at least) that cultivation is prohibited except where it can be demonstrated to be lawful under prop 215. Plumas, Sierra, Colusa, Alpine and others come to mind...

That being said, I drove through a certain Rancho in that county in between me and Cannido... and I've got to say from just what I could see from the road, not to mention Google maps, that it appears as if their ordinance is very much "complaint driven" as long as you aren't going over 99, if you know what I mean. That being said, too, there is a certain "village" you won't find on any map located about 10 miles above my little nook on the hill and it just happens you cross a county line to get there, and if you want to leave said "village" to go elsewhere in that county well guess what you have to do? Drive back out the way you came... And it's no secret as there are literally hundreds of small rural bumps in the road that either straddle county lines or become landlocked within their own county when you start to look at detailed maps of the North State.

Rackerby and Forbestown come to mind in Butte county as well... While Rackerby just happens to lie in both Yuba and Butte I'm pretty sure Forbestown is entirely in Butte, but because it's not exactly the easiest place in the world to get to and it lies on the county line almost I feel as if these spots kind of fall into a no-man's land. If I were going to try to pull something off big and blatant in the county this year, then those are the types of spots I'd be looking into. Any place where law enforcement isn't ever present and also murky when it comes to jurisdiction can't be a bad place to at least poke around.

That being said, my Plan B plans should be pretty much solidified after this weekend as long as the dog don't die and the creek don't rise.

G_d, I can't wait for summer to get here fast enough.

turbo14

Veteran
I say keep it business as usual fish. Rage that plot for another season at least.

Lemme know if ya make it out this way brotha.

turbo

Latest posts

Latest posts