What's new

2013 Marijuana Grow Show

DocZ

Hey Aard,
I think I'll join ya' in some testing- :joint: Relaxing a bit now after a quick medical check-up for my tortured LED tent babies...Thanks again for the feedback! https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5678679#post5678679
You mentioned earlier in this thread about problems with Coco; especially having to hand-water less, etc. Right on!!
tiphat.gif

How do you like your soil-less mixes for outdoor or HPS?
I had a hydro-soil technique going for awhile, that simply fed and watered from bottom-up with aerated solution, but it worked with a lot more perlite and pumice for drainage, not Coir for "moisture Control" that has to run dry on the surface near root-crown... :tumbleweed:
New strains always throw me for awhile, but it looks like you have quite a few under your belt, and doing it multiple ways! :ying:

Looking very Sativa-ish on those poisons!! Keep it up, and I'm also gonna experiment with the flash-shading?/LED backlit effects for pics to come...:)

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
glad your back, look forward to the updates.

indeed, alot of water and sleep fixes most any over partying event :woohoo:

general updates
tonight was chop night for a few on the vert side (70+ days) and that caseys cousin x sour diesel is a bad ass cross thats for sure. I was able to locate some shorter and longer running phenos in the bunch.

really excited to see how this stuff cures up because this was a blast to grow out especially under these growblu leds that I am rockin.

attachment.php

I think I will be doing some bho runs with some of it, dry sift and a couple more things. Now bho isn't the best for me as far as being natural goes BUT after purge etc I feel safe enough with what I make for my own personal meds especially when I need something more potent for pain management.

Hoping for some strong sative in these ccxsd ibl from poison genetics!

If you guys and gals buy a pack of these you will find some great keeper females for sure!

Poison Genetics and Dr P himself have a winner in this cross and can't wait to see others start running it.

Just like Radvancan and Field Marshall Seeds and the Lady Berry Kush, Kushy Haze and Aca Kush that I ran which I was IN LOVE with.

great stuff coming out of the breeders here at icmag and beyond,
the aardvark

got to get back to the garden, my strawberry moonshine and rolling a jay

Attachments

• sweet 125.jpg
    sweet 125.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 30

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
what percentage of amber trichs did you have on the chopped girls?

the more i read, the more concerned i become about my lack of IR and trichs not ambering or taking forever.

medmaker420

Veteran
what percentage of amber trichs did you have on the chopped girls?

the more i read, the more concerned i become about my lack of IR and trichs not ambering or taking forever.

I don't like very much amber in my stuff to be honest, I first wait for the swell the to happen and then judge based on how they are looking.

If it is a fast pheno as in able to finish in the 7-8 week then I like then to be more done then not. For these caseys cousins x sour diesel ibl however they went 80+ days and swell with longer runners acts different especially with sat leaning traits ( or thats how I see it )

so with long runners I go until I see them mostly finished but I stopped worrying about trich colors a year or so ago. I used to cut once I saw that 10% to 20% amber and was never happy with the density of the meds as I think I was rushing the swell for no reason.

why chop early when the weight comes in the end but with that, amber trichs are dead buds as far as I'm concerned even if they provide medicinal or beneficial traits when smoking or injesting.

medmaker420

Veteran
so how do the LEDS compare to HPS CFLS or T5s.?

I have flowered under hps, mh, cfl, biax 55's as well as led. I have ran vertical with hps and leds as well as ran light movers with hps.

If I were to do a big grow I would run digi 1k's with no reflector, bare bulb and use the KISS method and kill it. I don't see a led or any other light being able to cope with the ROI as quickly as a 1k mag or digi warehouse run.

Longterm however a large led setup could and would end up costing less but if it is short term gains hps is the way to grow.

For myself though, I don't like growing under hps for both the headaches they caused me but also for the electricity/temp issues unless I want to run portable ac's or other $$$ draining expenses.

I saw a 20% credit on my winter bill this year compared to last year and that is ALOT trust me lol.

If I were a cash cropper I would odds are

1. multiple 600 hps
2. chem hydro setup
3. co2
4. as much boosters, weight gainers as possible
5. flush to high hell and hope to have the best looking,smelling,tasting,yielding,fasted ran meds possible

since I run personal though I am focusing towards this

1. smaller led panels
2. 100% organic soil mix
3. mushroom compost or other co2 options
4. no need to flush chems if you don't put them in
5. it might not be as dense or have the crazy chem grown bag appeal but it has been better on my lungs and for me SO it works best.

yield wise

I have had better yields with leds compared to hps BUT I do know that with $5k startup I could BLOW UP a 1k hps room and destroy a led grown yield but at what costs and most importantly WHY?

I have no reason to blow up a room anymore, have mass meds etc so for personal growers I say go with leds but if you haven't tried out the different light options it is always best to try out what is "common" first since there will be more around capable of helping in case you have any issues.

Leds are not new but they are JUST GETTING BETTER right here in 2013. Growblu has done amazing work with their panels and I am still amazed at the results I have gotten from them. I know there are also other great led companies working hard at improving the technology itself so who knows what 2014 will bring for us led heads.

in veg I would go with leds versus cfl but I still love those biax plls 55s but those are hard for most to give up lol. Those are crazy efficient for their size and wattage.

medmaker420

Veteran
The girls are doin great

I am going to be doing a bho run with the ccxsd ibl and finish with a grain alcohol wash.

I can't wait to see how these meds M E D I C A T E

The LED READY breeding project will be at 60 days on the 25th and will soon see what amount of beans have been created and am excited to see what amount of freebies can be offered.

I know that growblu is based in washington so I can odds are send in beans and they can hand out freebies to locals growin with the panels so I am stoked to see how things could or can pan out.

My thought is to get as many beans into as many hands a possible so we can ALL GROW OUR OWN and all of a sudden it isn't about making paper but rolling it.

the aardvark

medmaker420

Veteran
WOOHOO

just got word that the property that I wanted to buy went through

a couple acres in a great state! btw NOT Cali (-;

updates to follow but headin out to celebrate

the aardvark

GP73LPC

Veteran
The girls are doin great

I am going to be doing a bho run with the ccxsd ibl and finish with a grain alcohol wash.

I can't wait to see how these meds M E D I C A T E

The LED READY breeding project will be at 60 days on the 25th and will soon see what amount of beans have been created and am excited to see what amount of freebies can be offered.

I know that growblu is based in washington so I can odds are send in beans and they can hand out freebies to locals growin with the panels so I am stoked to see how things could or can pan out.

My thought is to get as many beans into as many hands a possible so we can ALL GROW OUR OWN and all of a sudden it isn't about making paper but rolling it.

the aardvark

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to medmaker420 [/FONT]

i don't know how you do it :confused:

that sounds like a win/win situation with the freebies and growblu :tiphat:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]again.[/FONT]

medmaker420

Veteran
I am just stoked to finally get some

OUTDOOR GROWING happening whether that is 2013 or 2014

Now I will always grow indoors BUT if I can legally grow outdoors as well there is no reason not to.

I found land that is ag/single fam and is in unincorporated area a good 30+ minutes from the nearest town.

Finally off grid here I come!

the aardvark

GP73LPC

Veteran
I am just stoked to finally get some

OUTDOOR GROWING happening whether that is 2013 or 2014

Now I will always grow indoors BUT if I can legally grow outdoors as well there is no reason not to.

I found land that is ag/single fam and is in unincorporated area a good 30+ minutes from the nearest town.

Finally off grid here I come!

the aardvark

can't wait for the thread :woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts