What's new

2010 outdoors,

C

Cookie monster

Ah well we've no problems growing plants over here, it's the finishing thats the problem.
I had WW in the same spot years ago that were 10 foot trees by late August but by the time they were half way done mould and frost murdered the lot, same can be said for most of the strains I've tried.

Going by the plants I'm growing indoors the Sour Queen x White Russian and Xfiles x Amnesia Haze will work over here.
Both of them seem extremely light sensitive and took just over a week to throw out pistils when they were flipped to 13/11 and both of them seem to flower extremely fast.

Last edited:
T

tonto

worked out how many i lost:eek:

i need booze

will crack some seeds again tomorrow

C

Cookie monster

worked out how many i lost:eek:

i need booze

will crack some seeds again tomorrow

Here ya go Tonto have a bottle of Noblelaner ,only 3.49 for a ten pack of 25cl bottles in lidl, you sound like you need a few:clover:

It's still relativly early in the season bro, still time to crack a few more and have a bash at outdoors.
Floweings usually stars mid to late August so your still gonna get near enough 2 months vegative growth.

MJBadger

Veteran
Ah well we've no problems growing plants over here, it's the finishing thats the problem

Hi all , that`s exactly the same problem we have here but i`m pretty sure it`s a touch drier & a bit longer season b4 frosts . Years of trial & error by the UK Outdoor Growers are getting there & as you know there`s some exellent Danish & Swiss strains coming out as well grown by some superb growers that need strains to finish even earlier than ours .
I find all the european outdoor threads worth following just to see how various strains are going . One strain i`d love to get hold of is the Thyphoon , i saw that Rorymullan had some but it seems he`s gone .
How many of you have thought about autos ? may be worth considering .
2 strains i was gifted EG Mighty Mite/GG# GG & BGBs Indica/MLow x unknown male (indica mlow strain from Zedhead) have both thrown out autos on the males so i may have something to play with , will see how the Fems play out . Never grown the EG MM b4 but the Indica x was a real winner with some beautiful plants & a lovely nice stone .
When my posts are up Cookie i`ll PM you & have a chat .

I make it to the fence in 2.8 seconds reminds me of a funny story about my Pit x , i`ll post it some time .

Some nice plants showing , keep it green .

grizzlybeard

I have some typhoons growing here in the north. This is the only picture I currently have. Taken 2 weeks ago. Alot of growth has taken place since as weve had great weather. At the time they where suffering minor cold shock due to being moved straight out of a greenhouse but they have fully recovered now and are very healthy.

DSC_00006.jpg

Ill try to get some more recent pics up on here soon using a higher quality camara. Id say there currently hitting 1m and are quite bushy.

T

tonto

grizzly any chance you know the name of that plant growing beside your plants (bottom right)?

iv got a couple of typhoons myself hopefully they'll do well,

C

Cookie monster

Years of trial & error by the UK Outdoor Growers are getting there

I find all the european outdoor threads worth following just to see how various strains are going .

How many of you have thought about autos ? may be worth considering .

I make it to the fence in 2.8 seconds reminds me of a funny story about my Pit x , i`ll post it some time .

I'm hoping us Irish follow sut and find/breed strains that suit the climate, it'll take a few years but we'll get there :)
I've messed about with a few Autos that never came to much outdoors.
I'm building a new poly tunnel next Spring with a nice sunny corner to give a few a serious go.

I have some typhoons growing here in the north. This is the only picture I currently have. Taken 2 weeks ago. Alot of growth has taken place since as weve had great weather. At the time they where suffering minor cold shock due to being moved straight out of a greenhouse but they have fully recovered now and are very healthy.

DSC_00006.jpg

Ill try to get some more recent pics up on here soon using a higher quality camara. Id say there currently hitting 1m and are quite bushy.

Great looking Typhoons Grizzly, were they started under lights or in your greenhouse?
Hope they do well for you bro :wave:

grizzlybeard

Greenhouse then straight outdoors with no acclimitisation. Started in easly april. Ill get some pictures up tomorrow. They are very big and healthy now.

MJBadger

Veteran
grizzly any chance you know the name of that plant growing beside your plants (bottom right)?

tonto , i may be wrong but it looks like Rose Bay Willowherb , has a reddish/pink flower .

Stay green .

T

tonto

Greenhouse then straight outdoors with no acclimitisation. Started in easly april. Ill get some pictures up tomorrow. They are very big and healthy now.

im starting out side alot earlier next year if i grow, my little cold frame is doing well, also i recently read an irish hemp guide that said to plant out in april.

thanks badger for the identification, got tonnes of that stuff near one site.

as for my plants iv been breaking my back bringing in water, collected a load of nettles for some tea
(good post here
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=177463)

also found an old bottle of nettle tea from last year :puke:, fucking nasty smell.

hoping to have every thing potted and planted by 2 weeks

grizzlybeard

Do not plant out in april in Ireland. At best you will stunt growth for a few weeks. No need to be planting out before late may. The coldframe shoould do its job until then.

The plants are massive now and into their final 50 litre pots. Hopefully thatll be enough root space. Ill try and get some pics up soon. They just grow so damn fast its unreal. Them pictures are 2 and 1/2 weeks old and they are now easily hitting 5ft. Hoping for some monsters.

C

Cookie monster

Do not plant out in april in Ireland. At best you will stunt growth for a few weeks. No need to be planting out before late may. The coldframe shoould do its job until then.

The plants are massive now and into their final 50 litre pots. Hopefully thatll be enough root space. Ill try and get some pics up soon. They just grow so damn fast its unreal. Them pictures are 2 and 1/2 weeks old and they are now easily hitting 5ft. Hoping for some monsters.

I threw out a few unwanted plants into the ground at the end of march and in the first week of April just to see what would happen.
Definitely growth was stunted and when they recovered they went straight into flowering in May, then started to reveg.

Early May is when I plant out if the plants started indoors and are a decent size, small plants and seedlings are late May to mid June.

It's a great year for growing so far, growth is well up on previous years long may this sunny weather last :)
Grizzly have you thought about topping the plants or are you just gonna let them do their own thing.

We had a brutal storm here last october and a few of the untopped plants lost 3 or 4 limbs, mould then setteled in on the damaged areas.
The topped plant was far less damaged, might just be luck but I thought I'd throw it out for discussion.

Some pics

Stay safe all :wave:

T

tonto

struggling to get the typhoon all done, id say they'd would have been monsters by now if planted ages ago, very hungry and fast, also ones now turned completely purple, hopes its not a male

T

tonto

also any recommendations for commercial potted soils, some one recommended organic west+ but after some reading up its not worth it. I think theres an irish one called shamrock (?) any experience?

C

Cookie monster

struggling to get the typhoon all done, id say they'd would have been monsters by now if planted ages ago, very hungry and fast, also ones now turned completely purple, hopes its not a male

Still plenty of time for them to reach a good size Tonto especially with the great summer we're having.

One of the Erdpurts I was going to seed turned purple when it was dumped into the garden, it threw out nanners 3 weeks from switching :(

I get my potting mix in Lidl or Woodies and usually get the cheapest brand.
I cant see any difference in any of my potted veg between the 3 or 4 different brands of soil mix once there amended :2cents:

Good news for me this week

The first lot of next years seeds are ready for the fridge and I've 2 more females ready to be pollenated.

Stay safe n happy :wave:

MJBadger

Veteran

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=174719

also any recommendations for commercial potted soils

Whats wrong with making your own mix up ?
I mix up literally 100`s of ltrs every year , in fact this year 350ltr usually it`s more .
It`s a darn sight cheaper & you can tweak it to suit . My plants usually grow very well in the mix i use so i stick with it .
70lt bag Erins multi purpose , barrowload garden compost , barrow screened top soil , barrow sharp sand (make sure it`s not limed for plaster or screed) 6 double handful chicken manure , a good measure of fish blood bone & plenty of water crystals already soaked with diluted Nettle tea. The sand & topsoil create a bit of weight & the sand allows good rooting . If you have no garden compost try a friendly stable & seek out rotted horse manure , usually they will give it away .
If you can find Erins multi purpose (sure it`s made in Eire) try it coz it`s not a bad un to use , i just like to bulk it up a bit with my own mix .

Plants are taking off now , reguarly watered & some real warm sunshiney days , just hope the guerilla are ok .

Stay green .

T

tonto

[
Whats wrong with making your own mix up ?

i currently make my own soil mix, id like a commercial potting soil as an easy base to use for future grows, long story short current ways are way too hard, Thanks for erin mention.

hugh420

Hey, havent posted here in a while but heres how things are going down in the southwest:clover:
DSC00379.jpg

my indoor plants im afraid to move them out yet :thinking:but soon.from left to right they are top skunk 44,lebanese red,mazar i sharif

DSC00396.jpg

my outdoor mazars had a ph problem recently but i threw in a bit of baking soda with there water and i think that fixed it

DSC00400.jpg

my ruderalis skunk didnt auto :petting:

DSC00401.jpg

^^my green o matic started flowering about a week ago along with my lowryder2 :woohoo::whee::yay:

Latest posts

Latest posts