What's new

2010 outdoors,

cloneX

Maybe this is a better pic to help decide?

Pic 1 2 & 4 plant in question

Pic 3 favorite clone, 4yrs old

Forgot to say, I picked 3 caterpillars off them the other day, they eat and shit causing mould. They spin silk on a leaf and curl it around them so it is sort of easy to spot the buggers, the silk looks like mould, peel open and destroy!!

Attachments

• CloseUP.jpg
    CloseUP.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN1656.jpg
    DSCN1656.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN1651.jpg
    DSCN1651.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN1655.jpg
    DSCN1655.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 15
C

Cookie monster

awesome bro, best wishes on the x, im shure you will have a lil bud there

plan to keep the cut under lights? there will be a chance that it autos im affraid, but we will see!

Ah I should get a bit off of them, maybe not a huge amount of actuall large buds but there is lots of trichs that should make some nice dry sift.
I'd love to see what that strain can do in a country with better conditions, I can only imagine they would be monsters!!

The cuttings I'll put half outdoors and run the other half under lights and sure if they Auto I'll just pollenate them or let them finish and start a batch of seeds from this year.

Clonex it's a wee bit hard to make out the trichs ( bad eyes ) but they look nearly done.
Good job bro :thank you: it's great to see Irish guys getting good results outdoors, why not enter them in the Irish growers comp and get yourself some free seeds.

cloneX

How do I know? The pistils are still coming out on them, thing is I can never understand how the oldest calyxes/buds are swollen but the others are still quite small, and they havn't swelled before I think its time to chop, which is usually when it's gets a bit of mould due to the cold and wet but it's a nice sunny day today, let it flow ;)

Your cuts may auto, but if you don't seed them all and give it low amounts of water and little/no nutes, they will stay small, you can reverse them in the spring when the days are getting longer again. I have done this with a cutting for 4yrs, some cuts overwinter better than others! I usually keep it (4 cuts in one pot to save space & hassel) under a 60w fluro desklamp at night and in the window during the day, daylight is always stronger even in winter.

T

tonto

holy shitttttttttttttt

visited a site last night, was going to do one last neam oil spray before plants were in full bloom

all coco pot plants were still tiny but well in to flowering,had 3 fairly big plants, but turned out to be males, rest were looking excellent, little nute burn but all coming along well

was about to start ripping the males out when i heard some one coughing close enough, collapsed with fright and crawled under a bush, no idea wtf s/he was doing but they were there for ages, finally i crawled away and have been shitting myself ever since and pissed over how i forgot my balaclava:wallbash:.

:sasmokin: + horse shoe + religious icon + growing = happy days, didnt stick them out this year at the sites though, wont make that mistake again.:tiphat:

cloneX

Well into flower already, what strain??? I'd like to see a pic of them growing here??? You'd have looked well jumping outa the bushes with a balaclava on, lol

T

tonto

what strain???

guerilla gold v danish passion and typhoon,
might be flowering a little quicker because their small and in a sheltered spot, but ill be able to check on some others this weekend and know for sure

some of the ggvdp plants are pretty stinky stuff, like rubbing some lea and perrins under your nose.

one of the kcs is also flowering and the nigerian afghans are still taking their time,

any one put any thought into next years strains?

also the ggvdp has not been touched by any bugs unlike some others

cloneX

Didn't know there where any strains that would flower here that early, what seed bank are they from?

Don't think nigerian afghans will start to flower until around the 21st of Sept

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
danish gold(gg x dp), danish passion, royal dane, leb27, hfh hashplant and more are all strains that will finish around you guys. scary story tonto! wander what they where doing?

any updates cm? could imagine you have nice flowering now?

C

Cookie monster

collapsed with fright and crawled under a bush, no idea wtf s/he was doing but they were there for ages, finally i crawled away and have been shitting myself ever since

They were probably wondering what the lunatic under the bushes was doing :)
Bring the dog with you next time bro....my 2 have saved my ass a few times

any updates cm? could imagine you have nice flowering now?

Heya Esbe,
Yeah they are trying their best, I'm guessing they are about the half way point in flowering.
No real huge buds as of yet, we're just not getting the sunshine but all things considered they look ok.

A few shots will snap a few more when it's dark

:wave:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
damn happy to that bro, they will be done by end september im shure. do you do anything to prevent mold? i would surgest using products like amistar, especially if you have a wet and humid situation.

C

Cookie monster

damn happy to that bro, they will be done by end september im shure. do you do anything to prevent mold? i would surgest using products like amistar, especially if you have a wet and humid situation.

I'm thinking it will be late Sept. too, I'm using mycostop and serenade and I'm treating the soil and area around the plants.
All things going well mould will stay away.

Few pics from tonight.

And here's some of that Sour Queen x White Russian, it did quite well inside.

Just out of curiousity what would a largish HFH hash plant yeild outdoors over there for you guys?

cloneX

They are some really nice looking plants you have there Cookie monster, what strains are they and to be flowering this early? Have you had no problems with aphids or blackfly, they are a pain here, had to spray with long last.

If I where you I would put some sort of frame around them covered in plastic to keep the rain off the buds as this will cause mould, as our weather is so unreliable and coming into Sept the nights are getting colder, but maybe you've considered this already, just my 2 cents, love to come visit and see those beauts, sorry about drawing but best I could do, lol. Or maybe you could come up with a simliar design with good air flow as stagant air will cause the dreaded mould too.

Attachments

• Tent.png
    Tent.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 27
C

Cookie monster

Hiya Clonex they're Hybrids From Hell hash plants, no real problems with aphids this year thank god.
I'm spraying the place with soapy water and the plants with Malathion + there is a wasps nest in the shed so they eat a fair few of them.

I did try the whole frame thing a few years ago and the plants still had grey mould in spots, it probably did help a little but the spores are so small they will just blow in on the wind.
It's worth trying again tho, I'll stick a clone and a small plant into the plastic greenhouse and see what happens.

Couple of new pics from today.

Anybody know of a good place to buy a small polytunnle?

C

Cookie monster

search for them on boards.ie, some good links

btw is the hfh hash plant the same as arnies hash plant?

esbe any idea about leb30 or if it would finish here?

I think it's the same one Tonto.

Anybody hit by any grey mould yet?
No sign of it here yet even on the mangled stump of a plant I threw outdoors weeks ago.

The little cross is doing quite well, does'nt seem phased by the weather I'm hoping it will start to flower in the next week or so.

Quick question but does anybody have a clue as to what variety of apple these are?

GreenMAX

Cookie for quick and dirty polytunel buy some construction mesh(that goes in concrete) bent it to U shape and there you go.
30 euro in my country for 5*2.5m.....

And I almost forgot..AWESOME PLANTS!!!!

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
lovely monster! hfh hashplant and arnes hashplant are the same. leb27 is also libanon30 and its will finish at you guys and is very mold resistant

C

Cookie monster

Leb27 is on my list to try next year, I've spent a few nights reading up on it and from what I gather it starts to flower and finish the same time as hfh hashplant and a few of the other early strains.

Definitly seems worth trying + those purple flowers will add a splash of autumnal colour to the garden :)

T

tonto

lovely monster! hfh hashplant and arnes hashplant are the same. leb27 is also libanon30 and its will finish at you guys and is very mold resistant

aw yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:jump:

thanks

also on the poly tunnel thing, i was reading an article earlier and a guy from montana (?) said that he was doing a winter greenhouse crop with terrible conditions like snow and -0 temps, wonder if it would work here?
ill try find the article later

C

Cookie monster

he was doing a winter greenhouse crop with terrible conditions like snow and -0 temps, wonder if it would work here?
ill try find the article later

Tonto I've been researching that topic for months, I'm starting to build a self heating polytunnel in January.

The plan is to build a 16x6 foot tunnel, heat generated by the compost heap and solar water heaters will keep the raised beds above freezing.

The cold feed tank will be insulated and located in the tunnel with a pumped flow and return through the raised beds thats linked to the compost water heater and the solar water heater.

It will be easier to explain when I build it :wave: