What's new

2010...1st grow...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Clone Update

Clone Update

Well, the clones have not gone any further down hill. The pictures, although posted yesterday, were taken the day before....so this is the 2nd day....at any rate....

WE DO HAVE ROOTS!!!

Which is exciting....and Uncle...these clones are SPECIAL...I'm not bored by these ladies at all....I'm itching for them to live...although, they are managing to do so in less that proper conditions....

So far we have roots confirmed on two clones....luckily, each one is a different strain....hehehe!!!

Anyone curious what is in there yet???

dank.Frank

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Good luck with your plants bro hope they turn out well, I'm sooooooo happy with my new nutrient line up I've chose to use. Cutting Edge Solutions has given me the best looking plants I've grow and they are just in veg right now!!! I can't wait to see them in flower!!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which is exciting....and Uncle...these clones are SPECIAL...I'm not bored by these ladies at all

well I didnt think they were beaster clones!!LOL just hopin it would make yah feel better if they croaked,I didnt really think you were gonna lose them anyway...

Anyone curious what is in there yet???

well,I am....:biggrin:

Think Green

I guess I'll post. Been watching frank. Familiar with the soil you found. Good stuff! So I'm curious what's in there.... so whats in there? I'll be lurking. :bigeye:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think once they are in soil and actually GROWING....then I'll count it as real and reveal what it is....lol.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it is more like I don't want to get my hopes up....then I would be disappointed...

dank.Frank

Amoralchemistry

Trying something new is never a waste, even if it doesn't work. As my genetics professor loved to say, "One experiment is worth a thousand expert opinions."

I have been enjoying your grow log, keep up the good work!

here's to hopin them clips pull through for ya bro:)

on mixing soil with coco: I love it! didn't use it this last round with the killer chems, b/c i could not find the coco i wanted(botanicare coco(chunky) is the best) but i have done side by side comparison (veging plants only) and the root growth was amazing ever since i have always used soill with coco no need even for perlite, the coco is that good at aeratting the soil and maintains an overal better medium structure i.e. it won't sink in and compact like perlite can kinda do if ur not gentle when watering. Another plus is it is organic material for the plethora of organisms in your medium to feed on!

just make sure u get good chunky/stringy coco(not coir!) that has been flushed already like botanicare coco, otherwise unless you flush the f*ck out of the coco it will mess up your mix and fry your girls. Stay away from Sunleaves Coco, its like they dip it in a vat of salt before they sell it, lol. I don't mess around with ph and stuff so that's why i say what i say but maybe thats not a problem for you, i am still a newb after all.

good luck, i will be waiting/watching; to find out what cuts ya got too

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Transplant Complete!!!

Transplant Complete!!!

Well, a busy day. These are 1gal bags, fold about in half, filled with 1/2 gal of soil, and then I replanted. Topped off and filled in around things as necessary...I expected these little ones to take off here in the next week!! New vigor is always fun to watch!!

transplant_w_.jpg

dank.Frank

Hey Frank things are looking good!

Doesn't it feel good to be finally at the point where they will rapidly grow? My plants are taking off.

I might be making up a batch of your soil mix for when I transplant into 3 gal pots for flowering. Looks like some top quality ingredients.

Happy growing.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^

Well, it isn't really MY soil mix....it is a simple calculation based on the LC Mix posted in a sticky on the organic soil forum...it is slightly different, but that is what it is BASED on.

But I'll let you know what I think of it here in a couple of days, seeing how this is the first time I've used it as well...hahahahaha!!!

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Failed to mention...

Failed to mention...

The Clones....

Well the final run down...they were taken OUT of the bubbler, and placed into soil. Out of the 8, only 5 survived and had roots.

Two clones of one strain survived, and one each of three other strains...which means, no strain lost...and that is all one can really hope for!!

I'm looking forwards to seeing their progress in soil, as the roots spread and I can't wait to see NEW growth...we are not far off...

dank.Frank

SSLcloner

Just think of the coco as steady release K (and a bit of P). With the relatively small amount of coco in your mix, i doubt it will really throw anything off.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting...I've never even considered the nutrient profiles of broken down coco.

I mean, logically, it MUST add something to the soil....if it giving me a bit of extra K, that would honestly MAKE MY DAY!!! hahahaha

Even with the Kelp meal in the mix, I felt I wanted MORE K....so, perhaps I have what I need as the coco breaks down....

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts