What's new

2000watt climate controled shed

MID TOWN

Here goes another round with the buckets.

This time we'll be running all PURPLE KUSH with the usual GH 3-part and HYGROZYME. Clones went in today 10-30-07. I havn't grown this strain before but I'll be shootin for a 2-2 1/2 week veg and then into flower.

The shed is fully sealed and controled with co2, ac, water chiller, the whole nine yards. It'll be realy nice to finally just work with 1 strain and I suspect this harvest will far surpass any of the others, so stick around.

I'll post update pics in a week, hopefully we see some nice growth out of these girls!!

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I am gonna be running about a week behind you by the time I finish this harvest and reset my next girls. My tidal system is the same size as yours and this was my first crop on it, I love this style already. Do you get any problems with roots growing into your lines? I am gonna inspect mine when I clean the rig out, just wondering. Have fun in the shed.
H

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
im gona have fun watching this.
how big is it? (dimentions?)
looks like some water on the ground. is that leakage? hope not, thats why i stoped playing w/hydro. whatever the case, its very clean and looks prim-and-proper. cant wait to see how it goes.
do you think thats enough veg time?

MID TOWN

Budweiser13- Good to have ya here. I use the basic 3-2-1, 1-2-3 ratio. Right now the ppms are at 500 and I'll probably max out at around 1000ppms.

Haps- Yea you gotta love the buckets. I looked at your pics and your system looks good. You usin a chiller or just insulating them really well?

There were a couple roots that grew into the ebb n flow fittings I have on the drains but not much.

DIGITALHIPPY- The actual grow space is about 5x9, the shed is a really odd shape but it's about 900sqft. the water on the ground was just me being stupid and forgeting that the hose was on. But anyways it doesn't matter for me since I have a concreet floor. I actually flood the room slightly durring summer when the humidity gets too low for veg. :) And as for the veg time I may have to go a little longer. I havn't grow this strain before so we'll see.

Chillin, VHGohst- good to have youguys watchin the show. I'll try not to dissapoint!

Last edited:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
The insulation does the trick, but only because I stick with 2K in that room, if I tried to run another K I would have to chill. I only cracked one bucket open so far, but the root had pulled one of my inlet covers off in that one, so I designed a cover module that can just be shoved on the fitting without sealer to try on the next run. I am looking forward to the clean up, to see how this worked out in the root zone. So far, this is the closest approximation to growing outdoors that I have seen inside, bloody cool stuff. Happy buds.
H

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice and clean setup MID TOWN..seen some of ya work from a distance...thought it woz time to come in and say hello :wave:
i'll tag it..

kushforlife

HI,mid town. i just posted in this other thred about my 2' wide purp kush mom,i would love to show you sum pic's but, i do have to find out how to post pic's!!! p.s. keep me posted love your setup, love that purp kush. :wave: :jump: :muahaha:

kushforlife

o-and about the harvest let me just say. one plant from seed no traning and bad nute's=coke can size top bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.day 17 veg :jump:

Last edited:
Sweet setup bro im def. gonna watch this one! You got all Purple Kush in there huh?? That awesome!! One of my favorite strains. Ive heard it dosent yeild real high, im wondering what your last runs with this setup got ya. Im going to build a DWC for my next run!! Peace

MID TOWN

Well, so much for that 2 1/2 week veg.

I'm getting what I think to be a severe phosphorous deficiency. I was running normal 3 part at about 500 ppms and they started yellowing a bit so I bumped up the nutes. That didn't work so I switched over to lucas formula to give em some more P, that didn't work. I calibrated my meters and there was no problem there. So the only other thing I could think of,was that my tap water was locking sompething out so I changed it over to pure RO and HOPEFULLY that works!!!! These girls are loooking BAD.

Also the roots are just barely popin out of the net pots. With my aero cloner I get the roots long enough to stick out of the net pot right away and they just take off but it's not working that way with the rockwool.

Anyways here's some pics of my dissapointing, half dead girls.
:fsu:

MID TOWN

Alright, WELL, the plants are looking much better already, BUT, WTF is this SHIT.

It's growing on the airstones and the bottom 2" of the buckets.

I have never seen ANYTHING like this at all so if anyone know what this crap is I would greatly appreciate some advice. Other than the obviouse, clean EVERYTHING!!!! NOW!!!!

The only thing I can think of is that there's some kind of mutant sludge in my tap water. lol. anyways I think it's RO from now on!

G

wowzers .... sorry about the troubles throughout this grow......but if it makes ya feel any better ... your shed is fantastic!!! Great work..........very clean and WELL STOCKED space!

Bf
:rasta:

MID TOWN

BUBBLEFUNK-Thanks for the kind words bro. We're not off to the best start here but hopefully I can turn it arround!

peace

MID TOWN

Well I thought this shit was gone but tha's obviously not the case. I cleaned the whole system out and sterilized it the best I could but within a couple days it just started to grow back. The only way I can really explain this shit is A clear GOO that seems to grow on everything.

If I cant figure this out or nobody chimes in about it I may just end up throwing these girls in buckets of coco with drippers.

Seriously if anybody knows what this shit is it would be a great help. I would hate to scrap a whole system just cause some ****ing alien slime is taking over.

you can see the little balls of goo starting to grow on the roots.

the airstones

and the buckets