What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2000w, 70 plant, 10 Strain - Smash and Grab

Exclusive

Hola :wave:

Due to potential time restrictions I wanted to squeeze one in real quick. Not a lot of time for veg so i had to up the plant numbers. Usually would only put 32 plants in a 4' x 8' space (4 rows of 4 plants in each 4' x 4' footprint, basically 1 plant per square foot in a 3 gal pot) but to decrease veg time i went with a semi-SOG. I know the true SOG growers would give me shit if i called this a SOG and i agree but i was not about to put 128 plants in here (4 per square foot).

I'll just suck up the 2 weeks veg time and go with the 70.

Anyway, i am already a few days into flower so i will post up the veg pics but not bore you with waiting for the good stuff.

Here we go, but first here are the strains:

Cheese
G13 Lavender
LSD
HashMaster
Jillybean
BlackWater
Oakland OG
Platinum OG
Deadhead OG
Tahoe OG

EDIT: I guess it's 11 strains. I forgot the Red Dragon. Sorry.

OK, ready :Bolt:

Clones transplanted to 4" pots under 1000w

next up... transplant to their final homes

Exclusive

2 gallon grow bags... I'm cheap :beat-dead

Honestly, i hate grow bags. If i wasn't on a shoestring budget for this i would have bought 72 1.5 g rose pots. Unfortunately they were over $4 each and they would only get one use... so grow bags it is.

If you want to know my logic on why grow bags suck just ask.

A few days later

Exclusive

and a few days ago..

I got my trellis installed and added some extra poles to the tent.

If you have never done this before, i recommend every tent grower to do this. Order some extra poles (and clamps or u will have to use zip ties like me) and add them horizontally right at canopy level. This will give you an extra foot (6" on each side) of grow space for the length of the tent, in this case 8ft You know when you have the tent zipped up and the negative pressure from the carbon filter extraction causes the tent to suck in??? F- that. That's prime growing space. I swear, try it and see your yields increase with almost no extra effort. :D That's what this is all about right?

ok, i'll be back. The plants have already grown a lot since these last pics so i will update soon. The stretch is on and it's underway! :jump:

Let me know if you have any Q's and i'll be happy to answer. :ying::ying::ying:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Very nice setup. Those 4x8 tents with 2k's are getting popular. Your suggestion about the extra support poles is a great one too.

-Funk

Exclusive

Update:

Here we are at 1 week flower. I took a little timeout from trimming off all the lower junk to take some pictures.

Just about everything has reached the trellis. I think there is one plant that was a runt that might not make it all the way up so i am going to prop her up on an upside down pot.

Looking forward to seeing some buds in here! Till then...

Left Side

Right side

:wave:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
NOICE! ill be on board for this one, we run similar setups its always nice to see whats what. i used to do higher plant numbers myself but settled on what you described as ideal, rows of 4 in 3gals. what to you expect out of here with the higher plant count and what do you usually do? nice strain selection too

oh yeah ps nice tip about the bars, i never thought of ordering extras for that, airflow is pretty balanced in my big tent but still some negative and i lose space. its more pronounced in my 145 i should def. do it on that one at least. do you remember how much the extra bars were?

Exclusive

Thanks everyone for your positive comments

:tiphat:

NOICE! ill be on board for this one, we run similar setups its always nice to see whats what. i used to do higher plant numbers myself but settled on what you described as ideal, rows of 4 in 3gals. what to you expect out of here with the higher plant count and what do you usually do? nice strain selection too

oh yeah ps nice tip about the bars, i never thought of ordering extras for that, airflow is pretty balanced in my big tent but still some negative and i lose space. its more pronounced in my 145 i should def. do it on that one at least. do you remember how much the extra bars were?

nameless i expect a similar yield to what i would get if i was doing 3 gallons; just minus the veg time. Short answer 3 #. If it were winter and the CO2 was pumping it might be closer to 4 :jump:

As far as the bars go i had the hydro store order them up so i didn't have to have them sent to my house. I think the 6 of them were $50 with the hydro store marking them up double probably.

btw, i have a 145 as well (and a jardin 240) and the neg pressure is also more severe in that one. I assume because it has less internal space with the same size fan extracting. Are you using a speedster controller?

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
What's up exclusive, I was wondering if you run your lights the direction they are because they're air cooled? I ask as they would give a better spread and overlapping light if they were round the other way.

Plants are looking good either way, was just curious...

Exclusive

What's up exclusive, I was wondering if you run your lights the direction they are because they're air cooled? I ask as they would give a better spread and overlapping light if they were round the other way.

Plants are looking good either way, was just curious...

Yep. Got to keep it cool in the summer so i minimize bends in the ducting. That reminds me, i should take a pic of how the ducting vents out the window. Pretty cool rig i thought.

But yeah, back to the topic. I feel that the interior of the tent is so reflective that any light that gets to the walls is reflected back onto the plants with minimal distance to travel.

If could do bare bulb i would b/c i know for a fact that the glass (no matter how clean) diminishes lumens significantly.

Thanks for checking it out though :D

Exclusive

Hey is the exhaust to outside that i was talking about. The 6" duct for the carbon filter and 6" duct for the air cooled lights both vent through this thing via flange.

- Removed Pic -

bho_expertz

I have something like that but i attach the intake ( 100 mm ) and exaust ( 125 mm ). One on top the other in the bottom ... But i live some floors above the ground ;)

Looks good.

Latest posts

Latest posts