What's new

20/4's Perpetual Multi-Strain Grow

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Help me choose...

Help me choose...

Since the pink bud will be showing sex in the next 10 or so days, ive got to start thinking about what to start next...Id like to run something new, these are what i have on hand that i havent grown..

Mdanzigs Bluestreak (lots of other grows on here)
Dutch Breeds Short Term Amnesia ( suppose to get 2 feet, and no one else has grown this one here that i have saw)

And i actually got my hands on "White master " feminized Its an auto from a dutch company called GGS...its one of those MASSIVE autos you have seen in the "post your auto flower pics" thread...

White Master fem from GGS
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Im trying to get more back ground info on this strain currently... I may have more in stock by the time i start more, ill let you guys know...

uptosumpn

Veteran
yeah, i remember those..was gonna order some but wanna see a couple more grows with it first..def wanna see how they do...I think he grew em' in coco coir.....

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Update time!....read it all!

Update time!....read it all!

Quick update for everyone... So out of the 7 pink bud i had 4 females and 3 males... Which is a good thing!:dance013: The only bad thing is the ones that were male were in the bigger pots, ive got 1 female in a 1 gallon and the rest are in .5 gallon pots, id rather not transplant at the time for lack of soil i dont wanna chance stunting them since they are at the vital age of 16 days.... The tallest is around 7 inches i do believe...the others around 5 but they have recently been moved closer up to the light and should catch up quite nicely... Also i ran out of smoke so i decided to give an early chop to one of the NYLD autos, it was the smallest and actually the fastst maturing...it was only on day 52! But it tastes great and has a powerful effect, im sure it will only get greater with the extra 15-20 days the others will get! Enough talk...Picture time! (ill get some dry bud pictures of the NYLD in the next few days!)

First up a cab shots...You can see the monster DieselryderXGhaze in the background...shes on day 85 give or take a couple days... the NYLDs are in the back right and the pink bud line the front... the plant on the far left in the 2 liter is a LR#2 fem, which has yet to sex

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the NYLD autos, the biggest is the one on the left(unstunted) she is around 18 inches and has a fat head on her! Probably will go until day 70 or more....

picture.php

Last but deff not least! PINK BUD...Day 16...4 females out of 7... first couple pictures are of the biggest one...most of them seem like the still have a decent amount of stretch in them to go...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

20/4 :tiphat:

Next up in the cab im running Short Term Amnesia and Blue Streak...I started germing them 2 days ago:jump:

Here is a description of from dutch breeds website of STA "Short Term Amnesia is a full auto flowering cross of Soma Seeds Amnesia Haze x Joint Doctors LowRyder then inbred to fix the auto traits, Short Term Amnesia has a wonderful skunky bitter sweet taste with earthy undertones and that real nice haze smell, Short Term Amnesia grows to around 24 inches tall with big sativa fan leaves, the main cola is one big very dense bud showing its lowryder indica traits with smaller short satellite buds, Short Term Amnesia has a sativa high giving you that talkative happy feeling then later on sneaks up on you and knocks you for one making you forget everything.Seed to harvest: 10 to 11 weeks
THC level: Strong 15-20%
Yield per plant: 30 grams upto 90"

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Great plants dude! They all look nice and healthy! :woohoo:

The PINKBUD does have quite a bit more stretch left in her,, they will end up around 18 -24 inches. They are very uniform as long as you grow them alone. They dont like to grow with other strains like that due to the shading that can occur from other larger plants in the cab. Get them under the light bro thier darker green leaves soak it up and can handle more heat then a lot of other strains can. As soon as flowering starts to take full effect, you will start to see the indica dominant dark green color of the plants and how they stay compact.

If they are Purple phenos you will see color start to show up around day 25, Pink Phenos show around day 30. Green Phenos tend to be the largest. Im very interested how these turn out for you!!

PINKBUD is known to be skunky bro, skunky weed funk smell, it gets quite strong during the last 3 weeks of flowering but if you have a good filter you can control it.

As for that LR#2 FEM it doesnt show sex until around day 21, but is still done at day 65 from seed. It has one of the fastest actual flowering times, and gets quite big dude. In 3 gallon pots they can get an average of 30+ inches bro. I dont know how much hieght you have but you may need to be bending that LR#2 over when her stretch is done. PINKBUD doesnt like to be bent over as she has very limited branching and doesnt react well to it.

Can't wait for the next update! keep it up bro!

PINKBUD early flowering, crappy pic but you can see how the color shows very early on.
picture.php

PINKBUD GREEN PHENO.
picture.php

SGS

Those are beautiful plants. That whole thing about stunting their growth has been catching my attention lately 20/4. I have been keeping Uma cuttings in small containers under 24 hours of light. When spring comes and I plant them in the greenhouse will they be stunted because I've not been potting up?

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Great plants dude! They all look nice and healthy! :woohoo:

The PINKBUD does have quite a bit more stretch left in her,, they will end up around 18 -24 inches. They are very uniform as long as you grow them alone. They dont like to grow with other strains like that due to the shading that can occur from other larger plants in the cab. Get them under the light bro thier darker green leaves soak it up and can handle more heat then a lot of other strains can. As soon as flowering starts to take full effect, you will start to see the indica dominant dark green color of the plants and how they stay compact.

If they are Purple phenos you will see color start to show up around day 25, Pink Phenos show around day 30. Green Phenos tend to be the largest. Im very interested how these turn out for you!!

PINKBUD is known to be skunky bro, skunky weed funk smell, it gets quite strong during the last 3 weeks of flowering but if you have a good filter you can control it.

As for that LR#2 FEM it doesnt show sex until around day 21, but is still done at day 65 from seed. It has one of the fastest actual flowering times, and gets quite big dude. In 3 gallon pots they can get an average of 30+ inches bro. I dont know how much hieght you have but you may need to be bending that LR#2 over when her stretch is done. PINKBUD doesnt like to be bent over as she has very limited branching and doesnt react well to it.

Can't wait for the next update! keep it up bro!

SGS

Thanks alot man, right now the soil is doing all the work, at next water i believe im gonna give them a very SMALL dose of grow big, and then follow up up with some tiger bloom... 18-24 inches is the PERFECT size to get the most out of my 150watt light, ive found if things are much taller than that it becomes very hard to get all the plants an adequate amount of light when some are 3 feet and some are 3 inches...

I kinda got screwed over with pot sizes and now i believe its a bit too do anything... Everything is in half gallon grow bags except 1 pink bud female which is in 1 gallon, 2 males were in 1 gallons but those have been discarded, i dont wanna transplant just because i dont wanna risk stunting them like i did the NYLD, how do you think they will turn out? 1 of them is in a 2 liter which is still half gallon of soil but much taller... Im keeping the lr#2 in a 2 liter bottle, how big do you suspect she will get?

They are very dark green ive noticed, compared to others, and the fan leaves are very wide and have amazingly unique blades on them, great job! Ive got 4 pink bud females, all of them are from the Pink Phenos but im sure others will pop up, id love to have a 1 green pheno and the rest colored, but i wouldnt mind either way!

Those are beautiful plants. That whole thing about stunting their growth has been catching my attention lately 20/4. I have been keeping Uma cuttings in small containers under 24 hours of light. When spring comes and I plant them in the greenhouse will they be stunted because I've not been potting up?

MMM i think your UMA will be fine, that is a NON auto strain correct? Ive heard during veg you can pretty much root bound a plant and still pot up and keep it in veg and it will start to grow bigger... So if i were you i would maybe pot up until you are happy with there size, full season plants roots dont play as big of a roll in height area as autos do, if an autos roots stop digging, the growth does shortly after...:wave:

if an autos roots stop digging, the growth does shortly after...:wave:
True that, I proved that with my first auto grow remember? I put regular earth in five gallon buckets and none of them yielded well? I am ready for this season. I've got super auto seeds now and that breeder is also sending me more now to test. I will be doing coco for the autos I believe and planting my 12/12's directly to ground. Uma loved directly to ground. I will probably be leaning on ya some for grow supervision come this Spring. I am sure you already know I am putting a greenhouse covering on my 20ft x 20ft galvanized pipe carport.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Hey 20/4,
PINKBUD is very strong, it doesnt get stunted from transplanting it will enjoy it and reward you with more growth. But they are bred to be ok in smaller pots, due to the AF SOG application they where designed for. They will do fine but i would like to see them all in 1 gallon pots at least but never bigger then 2 gallon as they will not use it.

I really want to see someone put them in a DWC or something. That would be very nice to see.

As for the LR#2 in the 2 liter, that LR#2 is a specail selection bro and will get large. In 3 gallon pots they can get over 3ft , in that 2 liter I say it may get a bit taller then the PB. But it could get quite a bit taller then that,, It all depends on what light it gets, if you make it stretch for the light WATCH OUT, that LR#2 will stretch to the sky.

SGS

Thanks alot man, right now the soil is doing all the work, at next water i believe im gonna give them a very SMALL dose of grow big, and then follow up up with some tiger bloom... 18-24 inches is the PERFECT size to get the most out of my 150watt light, ive found if things are much taller than that it becomes very hard to get all the plants an adequate amount of light when some are 3 feet and some are 3 inches...

I kinda got screwed over with pot sizes and now i believe its a bit too do anything... Everything is in half gallon grow bags except 1 pink bud female which is in 1 gallon, 2 males were in 1 gallons but those have been discarded, i dont wanna transplant just because i dont wanna risk stunting them like i did the NYLD, how do you think they will turn out? 1 of them is in a 2 liter which is still half gallon of soil but much taller... Im keeping the lr#2 in a 2 liter bottle, how big do you suspect she will get?

They are very dark green ive noticed, compared to others, and the fan leaves are very wide and have amazingly unique blades on them, great job! Ive got 4 pink bud females, all of them are from the Pink Phenos but im sure others will pop up, id love to have a 1 green pheno and the rest colored, but i wouldnt mind either way!

MMM i think your UMA will be fine, that is a NON auto strain correct? Ive heard during veg you can pretty much root bound a plant and still pot up and keep it in veg and it will start to grow bigger... So if i were you i would maybe pot up until you are happy with there size, full season plants roots dont play as big of a roll in height area as autos do, if an autos roots stop digging, the growth does shortly after...:wave:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
True that, I proved that with my first auto grow remember? I put regular earth in five gallon buckets and none of them yielded well? I am ready for this season. I've got super auto seeds now and that breeder is also sending me more now to test. I will be doing coco for the autos I believe and planting my 12/12's directly to ground. Uma loved directly to ground. I will probably be leaning on ya some for grow supervision come this Spring. I am sure you already know I am putting a greenhouse covering on my 20ft x 20ft galvanized pipe carport.

Yep yep i remember the small onyxs but at least the smoke was pleasing! Im real excited to see the greenhouse!! But if ya need any help with anything just let me know man!

Hey 20/4,
PINKBUD is very strong, it doesnt get stunted from transplanting it will enjoy it and reward you with more growth. But they are bred to be ok in smaller pots, due to the AF SOG application they where designed for. They will do fine but i would like to see them all in 1 gallon pots at least but never bigger then 2 gallon as they will not use it.

I really want to see someone put them in a DWC or something. That would be very nice to see.

As for the LR#2 in the 2 liter, that LR#2 is a specail selection bro and will get large. In 3 gallon pots they can get over 3ft , in that 2 liter I say it may get a bit taller then the PB. But it could get quite a bit taller then that,, It all depends on what light it gets, if you make it stretch for the light WATCH OUT, that LR#2 will stretch to the sky.

SGS

Good to know they will be okay in smaller pots, i may need the extra soil for the next plants in the cab, but ill see what i can do about getting at least 1 more of them in a 1 gallon pot, i may start some of the purple phenos pretty soon depending on how much i like the pink phenos, but by the pictures and all the time and effort put into them im sure its a strain im ALWAYS gonna wanna have running.. Id love to run them in DWC but i simply do not have the time or funds to run that type of setup, but i do know someone who may like to try that for ya... Im thinking i should get a pretty decent yield from 4 pink bud and a lr#2 fem under the 150 watt light, single cola plants seem to do quite well in my cab...

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
LR#2 doesnt yeild the best as single cola, they require larger pots but the quality of smoke is great bro!!

The PINKBUD will yeild fine in the 1 gallons, best in 2gallon.

But bigger, badder, faster AFs are coming! MAWHAHA!! EVIL LAUGH! :sasmokin:

SGS

20/4
I understand space and soil is a issue, but I would not use anything less than a 1 gallon pot, if I could.
2-liters are about the same cubic volume of soil as a 1 gallon pot.
1 gallon pots are not a true 1 gallon.
8" pots are a true 1 gallon.
I will not use anything less than a 1 gal. but prefer 3 gallons.
You can re-use the soil, not the best thing to do, but in a pinch you could.
Would be best to sterilize it or at least pasteurize it if you could. Easy to do, if you need help let me know.
If your using time release nutes in the soil, then they will be depleted most likely, depending on the formula for release and of course temps. Most time release nutes are rated at 70 degrees. And release faster above 70 or slower at below 70.

Transplanting will not stunt a plant, but not transplanting will!
A good way to keep a small plant, like a house plant that you want to stay small, is to leave it in a small pot. It restricts its growth and causes it to be root bound.

That monster Auto Ghaze X Diesel Ryder you have is HUGE for a 1 gallon. Glad you did not do it in a 3 gallon, it would have taken over!

Sandnut

Toobad they got stunted but you fail you learn:) I do agree you are making the right decision on not replanting the older ones to avoid stunting them too.

I like the shape of the NYLD's, they are fantastic for the pot size and 150watter, not to talk about the Auto Ghaze x Diesel Ryder, is that really 1gallon bro? its fucking huge !:D

Keep it going bro i love to watch what you do:joint:christmas love

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Toobad they got stunted but you fail you learn:) I do agree you are making the right decision on not replanting the older ones to avoid stunting them too.

I like the shape of the NYLD's, they are fantastic for the pot size and 150watter, not to talk about the Auto Ghaze x Diesel Ryder, is that really 1gallon bro? its fucking huge !:D

Keep it going bro i love to watch what you do:joint:christmas love

Also man i dont really have the room, i just started 11 new plants, 6 Short Term Amnesia, and 5 Blue streak, soon as they sex im gonna cull the males and start more! The NYLD is amazing smoke i harvested one as early as 52 days and day 56 the smoke is very very strong... Ive got 3 NYLD left, one is unstunted and has a FAT top cola, her side branches are weak up thats because of the SOG i have in my cab...

Also man i dont really have the room, i just started 11 new plants, 6 Short Term Amnesia, and 5 Blue streak, soon as they sex im gonna cull the males and start more! The NYLD is amazing smoke i harvested one as early as 52 days and day 56 the smoke is very very strong... Ive got 3 NYLD left, one is unstunted and has a FAT top cola, her side branches are weak up thats because of the SOG i have in my cab...
nice going man!on the sta best have at least 1gal(REALLY 2).they stay single cola for the most part.so there really slim.should be 8-12 weeks.so dont get impatient .lol thanks for sharing ya grow.peace:tiphat:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Just took about 50 pictures of everything, mostly the pink bud since they are the next thing to start flowering in the cab, so far out of the 4 females ive got 1 that is showing MASSIVE amounts of purple bud... Give me some time to relax and go through all the pictures so i can get the best ones up here for you guys!