What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$20,000 Clone

I don't have a medical card, but I always imagined you just walk into a dispensary that sells clones and you can get whatever you want for $15 each, ie: NL, P98BK, GG4, etc. If that's not the case, what are the clones they're selling? Just bad hybrids from people breeding them themselves?

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
I don't have a medical card, but I always imagined you just walk into a dispensary that sells clones and you can get whatever you want for $15 each, ie: NL, P98BK, GG4, etc. If that's not the case, what are the clones they're selling? Just bad hybrids from people breeding them themselves?

Depends on where you go. You could get legit elites, but you might not. Dispos lie about their genetics often. They might be bug free they might not be. Its all up to your discretion and the shops credibility.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good genetics are not as widespread as good weed though. I live near denver....so much access to quality genetics if you get involved in the grow scene here. You pay $15 for a clone you're either an idiot or you don't k.ow the right people. Most growers out here will either give you a cut for free or tell you to Fuck off.

Having said all that...I'd pay a years wages for the real skunk.

I don't want to grow the same thing every other Tom, Dick, and Lance is growing and flexing on. What's the point? Everybody has the same same.

What does the emo kid say in Southpark... CONFORMISTS!!!!!

"Every other city we go. Every other video. No matter where I go, I see the same Hoe"

"I mean, damn, everywhere I look, everywhere I go, I see the same hoe. Don't get mad, I'm only bein real"

I like being different. Its okay. hahahaha

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
I don't want to grow the same thing every other Tom, Dick, and Lance is growing and flexing on. What's the point? Everybody has the same same.

"Every other city we go. Every other video. No matter where I go, I see the same Hoe"

"I mean, damn, everywhere I look, everywhere I go, I see the same hoe. Don't get mad, I'm only bein real"

I like being different. Its okay. hahahaha

I agree. If I could pop 25 of my own seedstock every few weeks I'd no longer hold cuts made by others. Unfortunately space can be limiting. I'm a noncomformist trapped in conformity.....for now. I'd say currently 90% of my plants are from seed that money can't buy. Only 20% are the ones I made. Getting there!

oldCounty

For legit cuts from more known farms, they sell out rapidly. People line up for hours before some clubs open when its clone drop day. What's left isn't always the sought after cuts.

Ushade

I'm just sayin'... $20,000 for a plant? That fucker better mix it's own nutes, trim, tuck, cut and cure itself. I don't know anyone that would pay over $100 for a single cutting. I guess since it's legal herein CO, no one cares to gift a few cuts that would prolly just go in the trash anyway.

Ushade

CO can't grow grass... Its just a few imaginary lines that some dudes traced over a land mass.

The people of CO, however, have some ability... You've not visited the right ones apparently... or The ones that cater to your specific tastes, More than likely.
That or you need outdoor, Sun grown pure sativas & that ain't happening in CO.

Your opinion only counts for you!
We're all individuals w individual tastes...
Therefore... Your opinion doesn't count either. ;-)

Lol! We can grow outdoors here as well ;)

A

acridlab

That generates millions upon millions of dollars per day in the usa

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
you are thinking of the Goth kids, and they hate the emo kids.

Common cuts like GDP, Bubba, OG's, Blue Dream, Sour Diesel, etc.. can be easily found in a lot of clubs. However you can never really be sure of a strain unless you have seen it finished. Especially with strains that have several versions, like OG. For example, I've purchased "SFV OG" clones several times from different clubs and they turned out different every time.

Ushade

When you get into something like growing, it can take you over. You can fixate, or obsess over it. We all love this herb so much. I mean, that's what it's about... what it means to you. I was just breakin' balls about $20,000 clones. If that's what it's worth to you as a small time grower, go for it.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Co & dispos are a joke from what i'm told . they're clones are shit , misslabled or crawling with critters . I'm on the east coast & i've given strains to 2 very good growers in CO cuz what they can get ain't worth getting !!!

& yes i said given .... i've never charged a dime for "elite" cuts !!!
& NO , don't be blowing up my PM box with cut requests , i only give to well known friends lol

Daub Marley

The clone market is retarded. Let me break it down. If you bought 100 seeds and went through them you would have ~50 females. Out of that if your lucky you would find one, but the other 75+% of your crop is subpar and if you crop 10 p's in that time at $500 less per p would cost you $5,000 + the cost of genetics and without any guarantee of a good cut.

If someone sold a cut of their rare strain they will most likely end up competing against the person they sold it to. If you buy popular clones from places like dark heart and such then good luck. Everyone in the bay area has those clones and you'll be competing with the best, and the clubs probably wont want to accept your stuff unless it is significantly better which is going to take a better cut in most cases.

The popular clones are sold at $10 per clone yet in two months one clone can be turned into 500, so it doesn't make sense to sell expensive clones at $$$/per clone. Clones should be sold at a very expensive price per individual clone and cheap for trays. Like $5000 for one and $6,000 for 100. When the cut is expensive then there's always the opportunity for someone you've sold the cut to begins cloning it and selling it for less than you. Once strains get out they get popular and then continue to diminish in value until they eventually burn out. All this is because there is a lot of small scale growers, so once legalization happens farmers will scale up and instead of growing 10p's they are growing 1,000 p's so that $5,000 cost goes to $50,000. Cuts are going up in prices my friends.

Latest posts

Latest posts