What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$20,000 Clone

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The very fact that cuts can be grown and more cuts taken from them in the future is what devalues a cut once released to the public.

Hoarded cuts hold more value than whored cuts.

Everybody wants what they can't have!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
The very fact that cuts can be grown and more cuts taken from them in the future is what devalues a cut once released to the public.

Hoarded cuts hold more value than whored cuts.

Everybody wants what they can't have!

Exactly. ... i dont need to add anything

You guys are stuck on 20k?! I just heard a large operation paid $100k for the skittles cut.
In this age of huge grows (hundreds of lights, perhaps 1000's) , these are really small investments for huge paydays.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Investments.....yes. But why pay 100k per cut of 3 different strains that yield less and are not as potent as say......a free cut of gg4? Baffles me

X

xavier7995

It would be worth it for a breeder to pay that for a landrace...maybe a pack of seeds instead of a clone...but thats about it. Could be one heck of a future advantage to have breeding stock others do not.

Cbytheriver

My loudest strain

My loudest strain

The best stain for me, by loudness and legends and stories reminisced from patients, was a pineapple (sour) diesel. As loud as anything I've seen grown before or since. We still talk about a tupperware container found three years later that was...wow. I'd pay more for that cut. But not twenty, I'm not THAT sentimental

rykus

Up here in BC I've heard of a couple 10k strains, and a couple others that could get you hurt if people found out you had them....

My good friend turned down a HP in the late 90's for 10k, then got 3 in a big order from those guys that where hoarding it, then they got busted and tried to buy it back for way less.... he kept it and still has it.

For all the people saying you'd buy seed are missing the point, it takes what 6-10 months to grow/clone/test/mom/grow out a seed strain and thats if your dedicated..... not to mention at least one salad crop, mixedfinish times/power/morgage/workers ect ect. you would loose at least 20k over getting a bomb cut with a rep and pumping out a couple hundred pounds real quick before its played out.

I personally would pay a lot for a real cut of Rene.... and wish I could get a few of my old strains I made back too.

kangrowru

I don't know about paying anything substantial...but I might trade some beer and a well cooked steak for a P1 cut of Jacks Cleaner

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
How do I even know its official? What if it's an s1 or something? Some folks think they have the real deals but dont.

I am sure people have also "accidentally" mislabeled cuts before.

Just doent seem wise to purchase high end goods from anonymous retailers. No receipt, no money back guarantee, no better business bureau.

Seems like if you know someone that has the cut you would like and they trust you enough to SELL it to you, prolly coulda got it in a trade or something.

If the people the that have the cut see you as a security risk, offering large amounts of cash wont help.

If a guy is on cl selling "elite x" for X thousand bucks, then he cant be restricting what you do with it. So I would imagine that the buyers are planning to make some of that money back by selling clones, s1's, and f1's.

From where I stand it seems like starting a nursery or seed company is the only real justification for paying those prices.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
None of the real is on craigslist ...buyin certain genetics is alot of work n negations n u pay for the guarantee. ... all comes down to trustin your sources....
Would i pay some craigslist madafaka 10-20K for loompa hb???? Fuk na.... but i would gladly pay it to loompa .... again .... all sources... and if i did should i spread it free???? Things have value..Why pay for it to begin with if im just gonna make it common.... u dont go givin away a rolex to everyone u meet...lol..

Lime Green

For legit cuts from more known farms, they sell out rapidly. People line up for hours before some clubs open when its clone drop day. What's left isn't always the sought after cuts.

And then there are those days where you walk in, score a (cover your eyes Josey) 2 foot GG #4 cut for $25, that could have easily made 30-40 additional clones.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
shit two years of work, i figure thats pretty cheap!!

lol :D

Edit- O you meant the master og bagseed not the GB Bx I just posted, in that case not so much work except lookin for herms when i first ran her, 5$ for dat one!

lol

Latest posts

Latest posts