Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Blue Satellite 2.2 [SOL]

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Hashberry [Mandala]

Votes: 21 26.6%

• Total voters

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Good call jbg - It occurred to me last night that I need to work some epsom salts into the rotation..

Glad to know it's not a light-proximity thing. Food is a fairly easy fix. Expanding the dimensions of the room that's already built? Notsomuch.

Right now there is a tea brewing, with Neptune's Fish Hydrosalate, Roots Trinity (for when I'm too lazy to monkey w/ the molasses), Maxicrop, ..

:thank you:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hmm. Let's see what happens. Picked up some Age Old Organics Grow 12-6-6, to sort of replace my Maxicrop liquid fish..

Also picked up some SeaCal, .. Both worked into the rotation.. Lessee..

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I'm not sure that these phenos are properly tagged, but I'll refer to 'em as such for the duration, .. :dunno:

Nightmare Diesel #4

This is the hungry lookin' one, but she's coming around:

picture.php

Nightmare Diesel #1

Lookin' good - I'd initially thought #4 was the most vigorous, but I think it's this one:

picture.php

Old Granddad

Been takin' from her here and there to try to open her up a smidgen, make some copies..

picture.php

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:yeahthats

I've got a few things to tighten up before I flip, but the time is nigh.. I need to finish off the ducting (it's kind of half-assed and jabrone right now), .. Lightproof the room, ..

I've got the old 30" x 30" tent next to the closet, and it barely fits, .. To get back to access plugs/fan controller/etc, I need to move the damned tent. Sucks.

Right now it's a mess of ducting from the tent to the wye --> outside, but I think I'm going to just cut a hole in the side of the closet and vent the tent into the bloom room.. We'll go from noodles & oodles of ducting to about 6". :)

I measured the ladies on Monday, .. Everyone was right around 14" - except for the runty Nightmare Diesel (#2)

The goal was to flip 'em around 18", so we're damned near. I think I'll let the ND #2 chill under the T5s for another week or two, let'er beef up a smidgen..

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Movin' on up..

Movin' on up..

Moved the two meaty Nightmare Diesels into their #5 smarties..

picture.php

picture.php

Slowly filling up..

picture.php

Probably gonna flip soon here. To be honest, it'd would've been done already if I had my way. But that would involve knowing where are the timers and other miscellaneous shit from the last grow..

:laughing:

Hanged the other socket, connected to a 400w HPS.. So now we're rockin' with a 400w MH down low and a 400w HPS up top..

Got the ducting sorted out too, and we're now operating at full tilt on the exhaust fan (400 cfm), ..

Just need to double-check the light-proofing action, round up my EJ Bloom (I think I got two Grows last time, instead of one grow and one bloom.. Durr).. And the show shall be on the road.

By the weekend, fer sher.

:tumbleweed:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hey .\nti, glad to see you here! Hopefully I won't disappoint..

So this first wave is just going to be two Nightmare Diesel phenos (one each, maybe a third), and an Old Granddad.. Two of 'em are pinned up against the wall, a la Marlo's Walls..

I've got no experience here, so no reference, so no real idea what the heck I'm doin', other than my gut.

Basically, I've tried to sort of flatten 'em out against the screen, trying to fan out the branches - like a high five, with big sticky nug finners.

Pics to follow.. Super busy lately, very happy to have the blumats and a humongoid rez hooked up. What's the Ronco deal?

Set. and. Forget.

D

DHF

Hope things turn out for yas SH.....When I usedta up pot to the #5 smartpots , I`d let em dry out and then pull em and grab the roots and fluff em out breakin up the rootball and ....

Then sat em on couple inches +/- of coco , and then backfilled around em all the way up the stem right below the lowest branch cuz they`ll keep growin roots until end of stretch , and the most rootmass yas can develop BY end of stretch insures more nutrient uptake as they begin the swellage process till end of cycle.....

I know you`re growin in dirt , but the same things apply as far as aeratin the rootmass as it`s transplanted/up-potted and watered in sufficiently to prevent transplant shock and just wait for the explosive rootgrowth afterwards........anyways....

Good luck....DHF...:ying:.....

Last edited:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Day 1.

Day 1.

DHF - thanks for weighing in! I'd thought the same about burying up the stem/to the bottom set of leaves upon transplant, but I'd also heard it was a bunch of booschwa.. I'm with you - the next ND will get it, when it gets moved up to the big leagues..

Day 1.

First up for the first flower run. First: Nightmare Diesel #1 & #4, Old Granddad (big tall budsicle pheno)

Hard to see here, but they're all trained against the wall for the time being..

picture.php

And until things get a smidgen taller, I'm just rocking the bulbs side-by.. One MH, one HPS for the moment..

picture.php

They need a "fingers crossed" smiley doodad.

D

DHF

No Boooooshwaaa over here Bro....all solid fact....If yas transplant an ornamental or a tree , say japanese maple for example and bury the trunk below grade elevation , it`ll kill that bitch.....all of em cuz they`re "perennials".......but.....

Pot`s an "annual" and can be buried to the hilt when up pottin seedlings and rooted cuts to smaller containers , and then when put into the flowering container it should be done as I specified above cuz the mainstem will bump up and sprout lateral "feeder" roots till end of stretch guaranteed....so.....

Try it and you`ll witness first hand how much more rootmass yas can grow , and after all.....The plant above is only as good as the rootmass yas grow by end of stretch when they make no more roots.....anyways....

Good luck....DHF....:ying:....

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Good deal - I'd actually heard it in re: reefer (15+ years ago), and then later was told it was bunk.. (And the context then I think was a sort of "Dumbass pothead" deal)

Thanks for stickin' around DHF -- you too, heady.. I can only get so far with my own knowledge and gut, so any outside input and experience and knowledge is greatly appreciated..

I'm not sure what stretch is gonna look like here, so I'm really not sure of the spacing per plant yet. (Again, no reference, no picture, only gut).. I may end up moving 'em closer together, we'll see.. I'd like to contain stretch to more upward than outward, but let's see how it goes.

At this spacing/size/pace, I think I can fit six of these broads in the room.. The SOG-guy in me can't help but think "Why not put a bunch of 1-gal Louisville Slugger in front of bigg'ns?".. But I think 6 decently sized, 3-oz-ish ladies should fit..

D

DHF

it works for tomatoes too!
LOL......Yup....

Maters are annual`s fer sure.....just like pot , and grow almost EXACTLY the same structure wise , so that`s why I had the skinny on gettin rid of sucker branches and excess flarf cuz I`m `ol country boy farmer even before runnin my Krusty buckets from the get inside.....and....

Up-pot yer bitches to the hilt....They`ll make yas happy...

Peace...DHF....:ying:....