What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 x 400w stacked multi-strain gimmick with blumats & sexy soil

2 x 400w stacked multi-strain gimmick with blumats & sexy soil

• Purple Peyote x Querkle [Hammerhead]

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Blubonic [SOL]

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Blue Satellite 2.2 [SOL]

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Hashberry [Mandala]

Votes: 21 26.6%

• Total voters
J

jonnybgood29

it is a special jock horror female crossed with rez's sour diesel ibl

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Thanks jbg on the lineage

And goody29, here's a picture of the socket I'm too dumb to finger out how to hang.

picture.php

picture.php

Any smartness y'all can offer is greatly appreciated.

And rest else, here's the newest addition to the hawaiian family:

picture.php

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
i love this place. if ya got a question? someone has a quick solution. hive mind

silver hawaiian

Veteran
greenmatter - right on time man, thanks! What are those metal pieces? Pardon my non-handiness. I can see that it's just some long bolts/nuts holding the two sides together, but what are the long metal pieces themselves?

(I don't need an aisle number, but what the heck are they otherwise for?!) :)

:thank you:

G

greenmatter

greenmatter - right on time man, thanks! What are those metal pieces? Pardon my non-handiness. I can see that it's just some long bolts/nuts holding the two sides together, but what are the long metal pieces themselves?

(I don't need an aisle number, but what the heck are they otherwise for?!) :)

:thank you:

they can be found at home depot ....... 1/2'' x 1/8" x 4' stick of metal should cost about $3 (its enough to hang both of your bulbs and the metal fits the slot in the cord set perfectly) and some bagged bolts and nuts.

it is all in the hardware aisle at the home depot ........ but i don't know the number:)

it should take less than an hour for you to make both of them once you have the materials. it's an easy one

good luck!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
new room and a new pup? damn silver, you've got it made right now.

hope you don't mind if i join the party... i brought plenty of smoke :joint:

the love in the vert forum is awesome. i've been thinking i need to move my thread in here.... :chin:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Thanks greenmatter and jonesb! Will be making a stop en route home from work, or on my next smokebreak. :D

hb, so good to see you in here man! Long time it seems like..?! :friends:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Thanks ~sprout - she's cuddled up next to me, along with a deucer of Sierra Nevada. Both are about the same size. One is warmer than the other. The beer is cold.

heady, you showed up at just the right time. (It's always the right time for you my friend) - ch ch ch check it

So here is one of the gadgets to keep me out of the garden this time 'round (fully inspired by heady blunts):

picture.php

It's my blumat rez, which consists of an 18 gallon tote on the floor, which pumps up into a 5 gallon bucket, which feeds into the blumat manifold. The 5 gallon bucket has an overflow drain on it, so when the pump is running, the water level in the bucket from which the blumats drink is consistent & constant .. Thereby providing equal water pressure at all times to the blumats, ..

But more importantly, it works out to about 21 gallons of water than I can disappear from, provided that all else is going well..

(enter: sexy meaty active soil)

I do still plan to hit 'em with some tea once every 7-10 days, but in the general day-to-day, I'm hoping this blumat gimmick saves me some time.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Nice1 I've switched my blumats out of my coco grow into my soil grow to finish them up and results are far superior to hand watering you will love it! Nice set up btw, I didn't really get many issues having the rez just above pots level but I can see this will work very nicely.

G

greenmatter

Thanks ~sprout - she's cuddled up next to me, along with a deucer of Sierra Nevada. Both are about the same size. One is warmer than the other. The beer is cold.

heady, you showed up at just the right time. (It's always the right time for you my friend) - ch ch ch check it

So here is one of the gadgets to keep me out of the garden this time 'round (fully inspired by heady blunts):

View Image

It's my blumat rez, which consists of an 18 gallon tote on the floor, which pumps up into a 5 gallon bucket, which feeds into the blumat manifold. The 5 gallon bucket has an overflow drain on it, so when the pump is running, the water level in the bucket from which the blumats drink is consistent & constant .. Thereby providing equal water pressure at all times to the blumats, ..

But more importantly, it works out to about 21 gallons of water than I can disappear from, provided that all else is going well..

(enter: sexy meaty active soil)

I do still plan to hit 'em with some tea once every 7-10 days, but in the general day-to-day, I'm hoping this blumat gimmick saves me some time.

i stole heady's ideas for my rez too ...... and it works perfectly!

are you running your pump 24/7?

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Good question on the pump. My handy-ineptness is kind of hampering the concept here.

Short answer to the pump 24/7: No.

Two things:

1. The PVC from the bottom rez into the top bucket goes beneath the water level - so I don't have constant waterfall noise, splooshing at all times. But, if the power goes out/pump fails, that means that the top bucket will empty out as the [now dead] pump does its vacuum thing. SO I added a vent to the PVC (you can see it sticking up like a middle finger), which kills the vacuum if the pump fails/power goes. BUT what I hadn't anticipated was that the vent would result in a sort of sucking/gurgling sound as the water rushes past it [while in normal operation]. Any ideas? :chin:

2. It's a ~360 GPH pump, running thru 1/2" PVC into the top bucket. The drain/overflow deal from the bucket back to the rez is 3/4". However, it's clearly not big enough to keep up with the pump below, because I'm getting these intermittent sucking/gurgling (again, story of my life) noises from the drain, which leads me to think it's not fully able to keep up, and the gurgling is coming from when it sort of gets back to even..

Not sure how articulate any of that was, but the short of it is.. No. :thank you:

It finally dawned on me last night to see if I can dial down the pump - durr. Otherwise, I'll need to go to a larger diameter drain on the bucket.. And that still doesn't solve the sucking/gurgling from the vent up top.

But, in all practicality, I'm not really "hindered" by not having the pump on 24/7. I'm around often enough that I can stick my head in there, and when the water level is getting low, switch the pump on long enough to fill, etc.

Or, shit, it just occurred to me, why not just set the pump to run in the middle of the night for a short while, just long enough to top off the bucket, .. And as it'll be in the wee hours of the night, I won't be too concerned about sucking or gurgling.

Well, not from the rez, anyway.

G

greenmatter

i tried draining out of the side of my bucket too and had the exact same problem. i wound up using the same stand pipe thing they use in the ebb and flow tables and drained it out the bottom, you just need more of the plastic rings to make the stand pipe tall enough. you will need to go with the 3/4" drain fitting to keep up with the pump the 1/2" one WILL NOT drain fast enough.

also .... running the pump all the time raised my rez temp, so it works on a float switch
now

all you need to break the siphon on the pvc line is a small hole just above the water line. water will spray out of it when the pump is on, but it will suck enough air into the line when the pump shuts off to break the siphon

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
Im tagging :lurk: along if ya dont mind bro, hope that space become full of ladies soon, and congrats on the new pup, love it, is it a boston terrier?K+

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Better yet, greenmatter, I think I'll just drill a hole in the PVC that is submerged below the water level in the upper bucket. I'm not too keen on the idea of errant water splashing around the grow, .. Wood, cardboard, 'lectrical.. :)

I need to straighten out the drain issue, though. The fitting I have leading into the 3/4" drain is actually a 1" --> 3/4" adapter. I think I'll give'er a whirlygig with a 1" fitting into a 1" drain pipe.

Although, with the rez temp issue, maybe I don't need to aim for 24/7?

Hey BroughtSuperior! Thanks for checkin' us out in here.. The new gal is a Boston, that is correct. She joins her older [but unrelated] brother, Cooper, who will be 3 this June. The puppy is fairly chill - Cooper, on the other hand, is a f*cking spazcase.

Bud-Boy

Veteran
Oh how Ive missed the banter of the boards

Silver, what the heck my man, you got all bud boy'd on yer grow,:woohoo:

Me likey

should be fun to follow,

Im in!

Latest posts

Latest posts