What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 ballasts, a Horticontrol flip, some CMH's, 10 strains, and 10Lbs! I hope....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea i did the coco-calmag-bloombastic thing back in 2009...i got some nice shiny nugs but i switched everything to moonshine's fox farms mix, it takes a few weeks longer than my boys doing hydro but my buds always taste minty and lemony as fuck compared to theirs....

but yeah let us know how that yeild works....its just ive tried doing the bigger pots/less plants thing and even did a little hybrid verticle hood thing where i opened up the center of the scrog......i just seem to get more out of scrog for the moment.

but who knows i have never tried a true vert setup like Redspagetti or the other guys...i just spent so much damn time/money setting up the trays/PVC trellies/ and buying the blockbuster hoods so i feel it would be dumb to switch everything to vert right...

and do you notice if vert buds are less dense than your scrog buds?

drymouth

I love scrog grows i use to grow like that for years.... first time I seen it on OG I was like, thats what I'muh do! I tried V- scrog dam that shit is hard! you got to trim a totaly different way first time i did that shit, I was trimming the bottoms like you do in a flat scrog after about a few pots I was like "hold up..... I got to trim from the inside out, not bottom to top" shit was a jungle nightmare from the himalare!

Last edited:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
+1 this should be posted in the vert forum, it's not too late to move it...

Nice setup and application, I have only one suggestion for you. I recommend swappin the CMH bulbs for HPS during flower and put the CMH back in 2-3 weeks before harvest. This will boost the yield a good bit while preserving the quality you are looking for from the CMH.

I have been using CMH for a long time and love them but they don't yield as well if used all the way through flower. They seem to cause the plants to produce more leaves than normal during early - mid flower stealing energy from the buds as well as shading them. Pop them back in after the buds set and begin to swell to boost trich production..

You have a big enough space that you would benefit from the extra lumens from the HPS, Smaller grows this might not be as important.

Either way, your rig is awesome and it looks like a winner....

drymouth

Yo anybody tried Deep chunk x nor cal Goo? anbody know where to get it? This shot is from Getmo's thread, good lookin for posting them pic's here it is.....
picture.php

picture.php

This has to be by fare one of the frosties strains I've seen! I had it back in the day grew a lone clone out from back in my Sr-71 days. didn't pay know attention to it till it was almost done.
picture.php

picture.php

I been lookin for it since I spoted it at harbor once, I grew it out despite there rep and sure enough.... I should'ev known better! So now I'm on the search.

drymouth

Thanks, good vibes all! I try to keep my thread full of pic's just cuzz I'm a fan of other threads full of dank pic's. A picture says a thousand words yuh dig!

Last edited:

drymouth

Told yall I was going to come back and fill these edites. This is Alien OG 57 days flower

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

drymouth

....................................... Dont trip i'll come back and fill these edits up with dank shit ................................

I'm Back!
picture.php
picture.php

Alien Og aka Lavender OG

Last edited:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
deepchunk x strawberry cough was the first strain i ever grew...it was very forgiving. first grow and i had some serious frost nugs that kids were glad to pay top dollar for.....unforunately i was stupid and never saved a cut, and the next runs with harborside bubba kush went down the shitter....

drymouth

Yes, many clones that came from there I've heard of went down the, "last picture" I wish I can get it back. kats I knew looked at it and said, "what da fuck is this fuckin weed?" I'm like, "yeah bruh whatch you thought!" it's like i didn't even have to trim it!

drymouth

Whoe seen this before in my old post? in case you missed out this is, The Prophet (the frosty fuckin fire dank pheno)

................sorry I deleted the pic.................. Pic's and info about this strain could be found here The Prophet

I use to use alot of shit like this
.................Lost the pic........................

Now i just mix this shit together and just add water! freaking simple and gives the best tasting weed i ever smoked!

.................lost the pic.......................

Last edited:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Seems some interested has been generated ;)

I can cut clones and mix some shit up and take a dump at the same time! what it do bro.... you smell me! "Literally "

That shit had me lmfao bruh!

BTW, that deep chunk cross looks bomb!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
whats the mix breakdown? that looks pretty similar to the FF mixes just with coco and a few extra things. where do you get those wormcastings in the bay area for some reason the local hydro shops aint stockin them or im just high and cant find them.

i also had a veg area in my extra bathroom...i would love taking a morning shit while looking over the ladies. but then the toilet broke so now its become a shelf for bags of hydroton and perlite and other random shit...

vaped

The Prophet
picture.php

I use to grow like this
picture.php

now I grow something like this
picture.php

Lavander OG
picture.php

picture.php

the, Jhony Cage grow.... growing like this is cool but, major pruning has to be done or you'll end up with a fat as mess of branches!
picture.php

Mh vs HPS
picture.php

Chem# 4
picture.php

picture.php
Are you shitting me you grow weed spend all that time and then leave leafs on buds. fiskars are only like 12 dollars a pair and you can trim all that shit off. nobody wants to smoke a leaf no matter how many chromes it has on it that is hash fixings . I would let em stay on my product but I take to much pride in it . It took me 3 months to grow it so if it takes me three weeks to trim oh well my shit dont taste like leaf.

vaped

Im sick of retards trim to the base of the bud if the leaves cant cover up the bud conects trim them off of the stem you will get less product but It might actually be worth something. I havent had to buy in a couple years but if I had to I f I see a leaf or stem go home you dont care about your product.

vaped

like in the photos you see just sections of leaf sticking out why didnt you just cut that off.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Vaped are you serious mate? Come into the thread with that shit and nothing to offer,

C'mon Son!

ed+lover+come+on+son.jpg

Surely everybody is free to trim how they see fit :rolleyes: