What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st time vertical scrog bushes, 2000 watts (pics inside)

THE CLAW

THE CLAW

Ok guys it sounds like u guys hit it on the head, Bobble and HGO had pointed it out earlier and I did a light flush then but apparently it wasnt enough. Also I need to get a res setup inside I've been using a fifty gal drum for water but its getting cold here and im gonna have to figure out something else. Also need to get some drippers and shit cause hand watering like 40 plants sucks balls.

UPDATE

UPDATE

Well, I don't know where to start so I'll try to pick up from the last update but alot has happened since then. The lack of updates the last lil bit is due to deer season too, love me some fresh tenderloin. I had just flushed the girls showing the claw, and things looked better whn I had a timer fuck up on me:violin:now my girls got balls. I had a blueberry last round hermy due to some light leaks but she did'nt pollinate anything, no such luck this time its like once one bannana shows their contagious. so needless to say im sadly dissapointed with the development of things.

On a positive note, I did an expiriment with a clone placed into a five gallon DWC bubble bucket, and this fucker is doing awsome, I mean ive had a few problems with some leaves turning color or spotting, but I always just changed or flushed the bucket whn this happened and added weak nutes back. I made the net pot out of a 6" pot by cutting vertical slices out of the sides with a miter saw, and a 6' hole saw. build was maybe 20 mins with materials on hand, oh and two small aquarium air pumps. What im thinkin is doing a round of clones in like 6 or 8 of these nxt round on the bottom of my flower room. I'll post up some pics of this dwc plant im talking about later whn the lights come on. I'm thinking since temps r way cool here I should b good without a chiller as room temps stay between 68*f and 74*f now atleast till summer again.

Well theirs another ramble for ya's, I'll take some pic's of everything later too. I will def have a harvey it just could've been better if the nanners hadnt showed up to play, oh well u live and learn I guess. later guys.

Hey guy's, all is not lost I have a veg room full of stuff to try out so round two starts as soon as i pull the bottom plants. since they herm'd i'm not gonna let em go much longer as they seem to b focusing on seeds and not really producing new flower's ( im thinkin i read somewhere that after being polinated plants tend to shift their focus to seed production?).

I have 15 blue berry clones that have been under my 4ft 4 bullb fluro, they range from 10" to 12". I also had 2 Ice plants this last round, one I flowered the other i saved for clones. well the one i flowered was a lil slow in starting but really seems to b packing on weight now. I should b able to get fifteen or twenty clones off the Ice mom, so I might add another row of shelves around the room and go for like 16 plants per in two gallon bags. currently theirs only about 6 plants on the floor due to the large containers their in, but up top I can fit about 15 in the 2 gal square pots, and I still have a couple of feet of vertical space to play with.

Sorry for the rambling posts people, I've just been researching and trying to decide on how best to improve my grow. I know plant numbers dictate yeild so wouldnt the three levels of smaller plants b more effecient in the long run? maybe harvesting each level a month apart, and adding plants each month? I've just got all these idea's and things i want to try and no cash to support it right now.. I guess the week off to deer hunt wasnt a good idea after all. well u live and learn. but its def time to get back in the garden.

UPDATE

UPDATE

Well guys here's some pic's of what's been going on since the lack of updates. I gotta get some new genetics, maybe try the bay or the bou, any suggestions guys? As I mentioned earlier some plants hermied on me and have fucked me pretty good. Had a couple last run too, was wondering if clones from these plants will herm too? or only if stressed again? Any help here would b appreciated guys as all I know about em is I fucking hate nanners! Oh well I just cut a bunch of clones for nxt round, and have 15 that have been veggin for probaly a month.

Well here's the pic's :tiphat:
Up top
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bottom which I'll probly cut this week.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DWC KICKS ASS
picture.php

Well thats how things r going in da bloom room rt now. I also got bored and redid my veg room a couple day ago so here's a couple of it too.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Update

Update

Well got everything that was ready chopped, still have i think 12 in flower with about a month to go. Also have 15 that have been veggin for about a month and a half waiting to go. Here's pics from earlier today, the clones in flower r looking nice also have some seeds and clones going:tiphat:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

veg room
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:wave:

thanks Alex, its more a room inside a room, and yeah the girl r ok for a bunch hermy's, LOL. first couple dry plants r going around an ounce to an ounce and a half a piece. not bad for plants grown from seed vegged for about 2 months.

Yea I.C., they still chuggin along but my veg is full and i'm bout ready to throw 15 more into flower to veg under the big lights for a wk or so then flip them. Then im gonna switch over to the coco. I figure it'll b better not to switch up mid grow so i need to flower these nxt 15 that i just up-potted and finished up all of my old soil.

AlexTrebek

BLUEBERRYBLUEBERRYBLUEBERRY
f2n0r5.jpg

Stellar looking gals and I love that field of veg.
Sorry for calling your growroom a "large cab" I hadn't seen your veg space and flower in that perspective, that's a really clean, well running room!

Harvest on new years?!?!?!?

lol, sorry for not updating but all thats been chopped and i have i think 15 more flowering now. yeild was ok i guess with bothe harvests being about 13 oz's of some slighly seeded dank. I think this nxt run of clones only should do better.

Round 2

Round 2

well have been lazy about updating this thread. I did get the flower room back full again, and have popped a bunch of seeds.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and some veg shots

picture.php

picture.php

whats up 5th? yeah they some purdy ladys hopefully, im trying to find some moms to monocrop. I'm wondering if it would b quicker to flower and reveg or to veg long enough for clones and just keep the original seed plant?

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sub -

I use NO moms, just take clones as I move my vegged plants into flower room (make SURE you take a lot of extra cuts), I just introduced 3 new strains from another IC member nice gift of; SFV OG, Cherry Pie and LA Con, now I WILL mother out these and then take cuts THEN move the mothers into flower room, rinse and repeat. I am leary of using seeds as I have had a male blow his load all over my flower room because we didn't catch it soon enough, ANOTHER Nanner issues is Light peakage, make DAMN sure your flower room is light tight!, I am curing about 1.5 lbs of seeded dank fire Tangerine Haze that I really don't know is good for anything but bubble hash or BHO.

Another possible culprit is your flower room light(?) Do you use a green bulb in their when the lights are off? I had one that was simply a painted WHITE bulb, and it STILL was throwing a incorrect light spectrum and caused my T-Haze to hermie and seed up (DAMMIT), I now use a specific LED Green light (see my thread for mfger) that will NOT interfere with their "night" cycle.

I feel you broski, I have run into every problem (well not root aphids yet) and it literally cost me thousands of dollars, especially this last one grrrrrr.

But I love that last photo of vegged plants in the blue beer cups, all looking vigourous with tight internodal spacing and very uniform in height, excellent!

Hey Mega thanks for the tips. No mom's huh? that would def save some space. and as for not growing seeds its kinda hard to get cuts where im at if ya know what i mean?

Oh and please dont get me started on seeds man. ive been on a search and destroy mission finding lil mistakes and fixing em and its looking good. I think a red light on a heater in combination with a digital timer fucking up on me is what caused all of my problems. needless to say i fixed the red light and hardwired an intermatic for my lights. And yeah I try to stay out of the flower during lights out but i did get a green headlight for emergencys.

Feel free to drop in and spread some of that knowledge of ur's anytime mega :tiphat:

jd4083

Veteran
Analog timers for the win... ;) Been saying that for years n years...

Doing a great job either way man, keep up the good work... :tiphat: I'm subscribed

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I use analog timers as well hooked to a relay to get the power higher so it does not burn up the timer real fast. What are you running in the cups sub?