What's new

1st Time Grow, DWC Tub with 2 Autoflowering Lowryder #2/Ak47

Thanks so much for the input...

When you say bury it with hydroten what do you mean?

I'm using six inch netpots.... if I put it in the bottom it will be totally covered.... Will it grow up through the hydroten??

Let me know... I'll be getting a Lowryder Variety pack next week and I want to sprout all 10...

I'll take the Strongest 4 and put into the Hydro and hope for a Female....

The others I will run in soil until I can tell sex.... and then transplant any females to replace any of the hydro males...

I can't wait!!!

I use smaller netpots so they aren't quite as deep, but you want to bury up around the sprout but not cover it completely. Once it gets a little more established you can fill the netpot to give it a little more stability and it won't hurt the plant.

I'm very interested in this grow, my first grow was bagseed in a DWC tub under a 400 HPS. Ended up with only 1 female that yielded 3.3 oz dry. Since then, for ease, I've just done soil and with better genetics and still not seen more than 1.5 oz off a plant in the same space.

With the main issue of auto's being their lower yield, I've thought about DWC being the solution to that but haven't had time or resources to try it yet. I recently happened to get about 50 auto Great white shark/white dwarf seeds from a friend so depending on your results, I may be joining you in the DWC/auto world. :)

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I'm very interested in this grow, my first grow was bagseed in a DWC tub under a 400 HPS. Ended up with only 1 female that yielded 3.3 oz dry. Since then, for ease, I've just done soil and with better genetics and still not seen more than 1.5 oz off a plant in the same space.

With the main issue of auto's being their lower yield, I've thought about DWC being the solution to that but haven't had time or resources to try it yet. I recently happened to get about 50 auto Great white shark/white dwarf seeds from a friend so depending on your results, I may be joining you in the DWC/auto world. :)
Thats the main reason that I am going DWC. I want to MAX the yield.... well... I guess everyone does.. haha..

Anyways, I won't leave anything out of the journal.

My Lowryder mixed pack will be here tuesday or wednesday and I'm ready to go.

If I get enough females.... I will be running the extra in soil... then I can compare...

Thanks for the reply, I'll be updating frequently.

now... to go see if I can find a bowl around here...

Goodnight

MileHighGuy

Veteran
The DWC is FULLY Functional and running WITH two plants...

I took my two bagseeds and washed the soil off... then threw them in the netpot's with hydroten....

This was WAY easier than I anticipated and I will ABSOLUTELY be starting in a soil Seed sprouting kit and then transfering to the Hydro as they get a few leaves.

These two bagseeds are turning out to be a real blessing for practice... I'm so glad that I through them in soil.

I will be getting a PH and PPM tester this week for sure... I can already tell how important that will be.

I have two 13" inch air stones and two 1" air stones... and there are lots of bubbles.

I dumped 3 teaspoons of dry GH MaxiGro into the reservoir today and I have the water just at the bottom of the netcups... I hope the nutes work well and I didn't over do it.

The Bag of GH maxigro says 1-2 teaspoons per gallon of water....

my plants are young and I think there is around 10-15 gallons in the 27 gallon tub that I'm using.... I guess my plants will tell me tomorrow if they like it or not.

If all goes well I will be transplanting the Lowryders into the hydro in a couple weeks and hoping for at least 4 females.

I will update with pictures later!!!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Anyone know whats wrong with the smaller plant?

It has yellow tips and one is starting to roll in from the tip... the picture is above?

PLEASE HELP...

jm420

Veteran
K>I>S>S>slow it down mile for 1 your not going to get a massive yeield from a couple low riders,dwc is as easy as it gets in hydro.now in my op read stiches guide to sick plants ,and i believe its blunt 69 good advice to newbs .and if your really into the autoflowers there is a whole thread on that.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Thanks JM, I appreciate it...

I'm only focused on autoflowers because I am OUT... and want the fastest yield...

That being said... The reason I decided on DWC is to maximize whatever yield I was going to get.

I have since read more and will... as you suggested

K>I>S>S

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
hey mile looks like a good start, sorry to hear bout the molded seeds. Iv sprouted seeds in the cubes tho, dont know what went wrong for you. my most used method for germing seeds is dropping seeds into a dixi cup with tap water then throw it in the dark for a day or two checking them every day to other day, has worked great for me. Also some seeds take longer to pop than others

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Thanks Green Thumb... I'm always stoked when I get some input.

All in all, I think it was a good thing that I ruined the first seeds.

This way I can really test and learn while waiting for my next seeds...

Kind of an expensive lesson though... lol.

Today I bought some PH drops... Tested the water.... and as thought.

Above 7.6 (My Max reading with these crappy ph drops)

I then drained two gallons of water.

Then filled a bucket with 2 Gallons of Fresh 5.5 PH water from my Kangen Water machine. (Makes 2.5 - 11.5 Ph water for drinking and cleaning)

I took the bucket and added one teaspoon of Maxigrow to make sure I keep the Nutreint solution the same and added the bucket back to my DWC reservoir.

After this... I'm just going to leave it for a few days and moniter the PH everyday to watch what is happening.

I have decided that I will be using a seed starting tray that comes with seed starting soil and a dome lid....

Once they all pop and have a few leaves I plan on transplanting the biggest or prettiest ones into the Hydro hoping for females...

The rest will be in Soil until they show sex...

Well... On to more waiting....

P.S. Not having weed should be Illegal.

jm420

Veteran
keep reading mile ,at your rate it would be cheaper to see your man. growing isnt diffucult you have no smoke now what good is junk if you rush it maybye you might want to think about sog or scrog with a sativa you can flower quicker than an indica. a couple low riders isnt even going to cover the cost of nutes.re think your plan .I only say that from experiance

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I appreciate your input. I've seen others pull at least 1 ounce from lowryder and more with lowryder #2... The mix pack has both and some other mixes.... 10 seeds... I'm going to grow EVERY female I have.... 4 in hydro and if more... the rest in soil.

If I can pull 4-8 ounces from the whole grow.... I will be STOKED to be smoking during my next grow.... and I will be FULLY researched by then.

Since the seeds are already coming... I'm going to go with it.

My "guy" is really inconsistent and I'm SOL because I just moved out of state and don't know anyone...

HAHA.... I have my CA reccomendation... and so do alot of my buddies.... The first month I moved here... I had my friend ship me a Full Zip of Purple Organic Kush and some Hash...

That is LONG gone now.. I'm sure I'll be in touch with my guy soon... just not soon enough.

Anyhow, do you think it is unreasonable to pull 1 ounce from each female grown in DWC... even though they are lowryder's?????

If not... Maybe I will ride out my two bagseeds in Hydro with Two lowryders next to them.... Only thing is.. the bagseed weed I was smoking was pretty crappy....

who knows... either way, i'm learning and I WILL be smoking something that I grew in the next 65 - 75 days.... and that get's me REALLY excited.

It's pretty funny to finally start having dreams I can remember because I haven't been smoking for a few days... only to find out... all of my dreams where about growing weed.. what torture.

HAHA

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Okay... Okay... So I know that I JUST said I was going to STOP screwing with them... but WTF... why not mess around with these bagseeds to make sure I'm doing it right the FIRST time, with the Lowryder mix pack.

I just completely drained my DWC bucket and took about 15 gallons out..... This was Hose water with only 4 teaspoons of Maxigro and the PH was WAY too high... I think my plants were getting mad at me.

After I drained it, I added Reverse Osmosis Water to the tub with 1 Teaspoons of Maxigro to per Gallon. (On the bag it says low solution is 1 teaspoon per gallon and full strength is 2 teaspoons per gallon...

I have MaxiBloom Dry and heard this was the same as the Lucas Formula... Whatever... I think I'm going to use Maxigro during Veg and Maxibloom during flower.... the last week of flower I'm going to liquid KoolBloom.... (because I have it...)

Well, Now I am happy, we will see if the plants are as happy.

After I added the reverse osmosis water with the nutes, I checked PH and it is down around 5.5 - 6.0 (My PH drops only go to 6.. but it looks pretty bold in color so I think it's a little lower)

Anyhow, NOW I'm done screwing with everything...

Time to call my guy again... Bastard doesn't have cell reception where he lives...

Vegan

dont feel bad about the seeds bro ,, you would be surprized how many folks it happens to..

I think pretty much everyone goes hog wild on thier first grow..
if ya are paying for smoke..:joint:

if yer smokin scwag all the time and finally get the cash to grow some fine as SATIVA:nanana:,,ya do it.as fast as possible

all the major Home stores carry a 400 hps wehn ya get to that time ..
congrats and remember
its a weed ..it will grow under alot of stressful conditions.quality comes in time

read read read:2cents:

I have heard of a lot of peeps with your prob with res heat, and the answer is usually the same small water bottles with norm tap water in them and freeze them then start with a few and see what effects it has on the temp and how long it sustains your goal temp. Hope this helps!! by the way how the garden? GREAT LUCK~Vince

Latest posts

Latest posts