What's new

1st Time Grow, DWC Tub with 2 Autoflowering Lowryder #2/Ak47

C

cyber echo

Mile, seems u got ur stuff from attitude ? They seem to be sending those dinafem seeds as freebies atm.

Anyhow, I wouldnt suggest u go with lowryders for ur next grow. But, its still too early as plants get much bigger during flowering aswell.

Why havnt they started showing sex already though ? Lowryders should start flowering after 14 days from seed or so.

edit: I just skipped through the thread again and saw that ur lowryderxak47 died. Sorry to hear dude, cuz that strain is great. The old generation lowryder strains are fail unless u intend to grow a few dozens of those small plants in close proximity then theyre good. If ur only going to be growing a couple i'd suggest a high yeilding strain + LST.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Mile, seems u got ur stuff from attitude ? They seem to be sending those dinafem seeds as freebies atm.

Anyhow, I wouldnt suggest u go with lowryders for ur next grow. But, its still too early as plants get much bigger during flowering aswell.

Why havnt they started showing sex already though ? Lowryders should start flowering after 14 days from seed or so.

edit: I just skipped through the thread again and saw that ur lowryderxak47 died. Sorry to hear dude, cuz that strain is great. The old generation lowryder strains are fail unless u intend to grow a few dozens of those small plants in close proximity then theyre good. If ur only going to be growing a couple i'd suggest a high yeilding strain + LST.
Thanks for the advice Cyber.

I Did get seeds from attitude.

I started a seperate Grow Journal Titled Dinafem California Hash and Blue Hash to log the process... I figured Others got the same freebies and would like to see what they look like.

I will NEVER go with an autoflower again....

As far as flowering, they are STILL not showing sex and I'm on day 30.

I think that they are about 1 maybe 1.5 weeks behind because the First week they were growing was the same week I had the In-Laws in town... Problem was, the door was closed and the heat was UNREAL with that 400w MH PLUS... I couldn't rotate my Ice Bottles and the water must have been 90 degrees.

They seem to be doing pretty good now... although one of them looks like it has some genetic issues.

I can already tell how much stronger regular seeds are with the Dinafem's... They popped roots out the bottom of the Jiffy Pellets over night... Crazy.

Anyways, I totally F'ed up my Ak47's on my first go around with the rockwool... I like Peat Pellets WAYYY better.

I will add new photos later today.

Peace.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Oh... and as far as them showing sex in 14 days... I guess that does happen...

But most of what I read says that Males start showing in 20-25 days and females a little later.

maybe i have 100% females... LOL. (eternal optimist)

C

cyber echo

Lowryder #1 isnt such an impressive strain at all.
Btw, did u get the seeds in breeder packs ? Maybe you've been fooled but I've heard good things about attitude so dunno.
100% AFs are pretty good btw. You should try the ak47 again. (check the AF forum here)
Attitude have em on pick and mix atm btw so u can get 1 along with something else for a trial or something.

Cheers dude

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Lowryder #1 isnt such an impressive strain at all.
Btw, did u get the seeds in breeder packs ? Maybe you've been fooled but I've heard good things about attitude so dunno.
100% AFs are pretty good btw. You should try the ak47 again. (check the AF forum here)
Attitude have em on pick and mix atm btw so u can get 1 along with something else for a trial or something.

Cheers dude
For sure... I got them in this pack...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/userimages/...56353b501c80b83922ec8_91867.jpg?dl=1244751426

when I originally got the Lowryder #2/Ak47 they were from the mix and match section.... I will probably try again some day...

But once I have some smoke, I will be growing my favorites.

when I was in cali, I had my recommendation so I have tasted ALOT.

I want some Snowcap, Sour Diesel, Purple Erckle, Purple Kush, and a few others... God I love the smell of Snowcap...

Anyhow, I'm sure my plants will start showing sex soon.

Can't wait to smoke...

It's been WAY too long and Drinking SUCKS compared to a nice Big Bowl.

So... Smoke a fatty for me.

Peace, and thanks for the conversation, I love seeing updates on here.

I will update some photos later tonight

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Hard to see... but starting to grow faster now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
So I went back and checked the dates...

The first four popped on the June 15th but didn't drop their hat until after that. The last seed popped on June 20th...

So overall its been almost 4 weeks and no sex yet.... I'm starting to get a nice smell

Think they will show sex soon?

Any possibility that the seeds are not lowryder even though they came in the Lowryder mix pack box?

I thought they were supposed to show sex in 21 days?... WTF

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Any Advice on the above Question... Anyone ever heard of a seed mix up even though they came in the Lowryder box?

Also...

Kinda Random... I took the three seeds that never popped a tail and left them in a wet paper towel in a baggy in a dark spot...

I've been checking periodically for any seeds that were late to pop... and yesterday I found a huge tail... 1 month after I first tried to germ... LOL.

So... I through it into a jiffy pellet and it just stood up and dropped it's hat.

Kinda wierd... but also cool. Hopefully it's a female diesel ryder.

I'm going to put this one outside on my deck and hope for the best.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
WOOT

WOOT

:woohoo:
Alright.... After all my complaining about now flowers..

I was inspecting the bunch this morning and....

What do you know...

White pistils on ONE of them.

I think the rest will follow suit in the next couple of days.

Cross your fingers for 100% females... I'm going to need it off of these miniature ass plants that I grew.

Even though this is the smallest one.... the others aren't much better.

picture.php

Think this thing will grow anymore during flower?
I mean this is just rediculous...
Hydro, HID lighting, good nutes... and a 4 inch tall plant.

Next time, I'm going to use 4 seperate completely lightproof buckets, water chiller, and a better bulb. Not to mention buying an EC meter.

Same plant from above....
picture.php

And... just to show you.. my wierd Genetic FREAK.

picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Okay.... so... I looked REALLY REALLY closely at the others... and all of the ones that are in my DWC have shown sex.

Thankfully, the only male in my Tub was the Genetic Wierdo shown above...

I just ripped him out and tried to take a picture of his balls...

picture.php

The others have one or two pistils and are just starting...

which means my plants in soil will show sex within 2 days... because they popped a couple of days after the ones in the DWC.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Should I try to transplant one of the soil females to my DWC tub?

Or is that crazy? I'm going to grab some big buckets today so as soon as they three in soil show sex I can transplant into bigger buckets.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Just transplanted the Three lowryder's that were in small containers of FFOF.

They are now in 5 Gallon Containers, with FFOF and Perlite.

Because this is the exact soil they were already in, I doubt there will be to much transplant shock... they dirt kept the same shape when I transplanted... and it's been about 45 minutes and they aren't drooping at all.

Here is a picture of my Deck...

2 big Bagseed plants.
2 Little Bagseed Plants
1 Dinafem California Hash seedling
1 Dinafem Blue Hash Seedling
3 Lowryder's from the Joint Doctors Mix Pack just added

picture.php

This is a picture of the just transplanted lowryder's

picture.php

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Question about the wish list

Question about the wish list

MHG,

Great grow. I'll just say YES wash of the dirt (RO water?) and pop her into hydro.

Can you tell me about #4 on your wish list? Purple Kush? I don't see it in the strain guide, but funny thing five years or so ago I was given some clones called "Purple Kush" Many batches later still very happy.

Well cured 63 days in flower (stored in seal a meal 6 months)

36 Days in flower waiting for 63 :joint:

Light one up and tell me your thoughts on PK.

Peace :joint:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I dont know exactly what Purple Kush is... I think it was a GDP mixed with kush...

I picked it up from a dispensary in Cali that was always on top of their shit...

I got a half zip and all the nugs had that familiar kush taste with the harshness of the purple... it was all organic and had a strong indica feel... I raided my kitchen afterwards... LOL.

But... I must say, it wasn't my favorite. I would rather have an OG kush... or a Purple Haze seperately.... and then just make a salad bowl. but it was fun to try.

For now, I'm going to go cheap, and just clone my Blue Hash and Cali Hash from Dinafem and do a Big run... since I know they are female I will put four in my DWC inside and a few extra outside on my deck...

Once I'm stocked up, I will start with some Snowcap.

I can only find Snowcap/romulan... I never liked Romulan at all... but if I can't find straight snowcap... I might go that route. The smell of snowcap is SOOO different... it's like smelling a bowl of sugar.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I took pics... but my usb cable is at work... Bummer.

Anyways.

Right now, it looks like I have 1 lowryder#2 and one Diesel Ryder in my DWC... the other two were males.

On my deck, out of the three in soil... only one was female.

It looks like a Lowryder #1... so I didn't get a good female ratio... but at least I got some variety.

My BIGGG bagseed is popping white hairs everywhere.... and one of my smaller bagseeds is starting to turn purple and just popped it's first hairs.

I can't wait to smoke them all!!!!!!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Oh... and... although miniature to start... my lowryders are doing great now.

Only one stayed small... about 8-10 inches...

the others are over a foot tall and have lot's of bud sites.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Okay... I have already chopped and dried the Lowryder #1 that was outside on my deck...

It yielded 23 grams wet and about a quad dry... I smoked some before it was dry... LOL.

I just hacked my miniature lowryder #2 and hung it up...

I will have pics very soon!!!

I am still flushing the biggest Lowryder in my DWC for a couple more days.... then I'm going to chop and dry..

I will update with final numbers and pics soon....

So far, this has been one of the best experiences of my life...

It's way to fun to smoke your own buds....

I'm a grower for life now.

SlevinK

Nice to see your progress bro, I'm experiencing the "learning curve" as we speak also. Thankfully I have 3 other friends growing at the same time, so we pool our progress. Reading all the journals on this site in the last week of being here has helped quite a bit also, but I have lots to learn..

One thing, I have cracked hundreds of seeds for friends and grew for just a few short weeks and them passed them on to them.
Distilled warm water dumped into a clean cotton towel, insert seeds, place a plastic bag around said towel, put in dark area. Most viable seeds cracked in 24-36 hours EVERYTIME. Older seeds take longer. I NEVER put seeds directly into medium and waited for them to pop out. My method almost aways gave close to 100% germ rate.
Also, I never, as well as my buds, never saw a point to use anything other then 4 ft florescents for germ to early veg.

I believe the high temperature was your biggest enemy, along with the other minor issues you've mentioned, but you're doing well!

Keep up the good work and post pix!

Latest posts

Latest posts