What's new

1st Time Grow, DWC Tub with 2 Autoflowering Lowryder #2/Ak47

Ya I'm doing 24/0 lighting as well, but you will need a timer when it comes down to 12/12.
So your not going to flood and drain the tray a few times a day? Your going to have it constantly running water, if so ya then no timer needed. I would make sure you can run it all the time with out having the plants getting over watered. I don't see a way around this without a timer but if you can find peps who do what your doing then cool.
As for the Quicksilver is she still in the paper towel? I remember you said you took her out of the Rockwool and put in paper towel. The seed could be a little older then your lowriders or more staile and that could be a symptom of slow seed cracking.
Is it still sitting on water heater (high 70s) temp. I have my seeds in Rockwool at 80 degree max and with system running so they stay moist. I hope this helps, sorry but theres not much else I can tell you for the cracking prob.
Still have fingers crossed for them! ~Vince

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Thanks!

I put the Quicksilver in a Fresh Papertowel with Fresh water and a new zippy then back in the closet...

We will see!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
As far as the feeding goes.

There is no pump... no tubes and no feeding...

It's just a simple DWC bucket....

Water with air moving and plants above...

Once I transplant the Rockwool babies to the Hydroton I will water from the top until the roots hit the water...

Cool, Whats temp in there? Here's a pic of my setup its like your with the air stone in there 24/7 and 6 net pots but with an addition of 6 tubes 1 going to each netpot to feed plants with a submergable water pump in water.
05-24-095.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg
05-24-0931.jpg
These Woodpecker spouts flow 2gallons per hour.
IMG_0334.jpg
~Vince

MileHighGuy

Veteran
So Sick... I was reading your journal last night... can't wait to see.

I will most likely be adding the feed tubes next time just to see the difference.

Thanks alot I modeled it after a stealth hydro system I saw on (stealthhydro.com) a web site? Any updates with the seeds? ~Vince

MileHighGuy

Veteran
The easy ryders have yet to break through the rockwool.... I took a peek by moving some of the green stuff and it looks like it should be through the top in the next couple of days. I'm still waiting for the quicksilver.... We will see. Anyways, lights come tommorow!!!!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Okay.... WTF

How do I tell if my EasyRyder Babies are Dead or are Alive?

It seems to me that if they are going to be done in 8-10 weeks... they would pop up soon.

I placed them in rockwool to Sprout... ONE WEEK AGO!

They have cracked and look like they should pop but no growth has occured.

I can move the top of the rockwool and see down into the hole... both still display a big white taproot that is obviously made some roots.... but, I'm afraid that it dried out... or rotted out...

Anyone have any experience with a seed taking longer than one week to pop through the top and display it's first leaves?

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Probably going to use HPS.... however I might just keep the MH for the first go around... I'm using autoflowering strains so this shouldn't be an issue...

I hope that my EasyRyder's pop above the rockwool soon... if not... I'm going to assume the worst... (Rockwool Sucks)

And cough up more money for seeds....

My Primary goal is to get a quick yield of ANYTHING... so I will go with the Lowryder #2 Feminized or maybe JointDocter Lowryder mix pack...

Then, once I have some smoke... I will relax, Worry about the Flowering bulb and all the other goodies... and Pick some Good Buds to play with.

My Wish List:

1. Snowcap (Best smell EVER)
2. Perple Erckle or Purple Haze
3. Sour Diesel
4. Purple Kush
5. Maybe Some Pineapple Express

I just bought some garden seeds today, a little late for seeds but what the hell.
Seeds that I got Watermelon sugar baby, Sweet yellow corn, Roma tomato, Large red cherry tomatoes, Jalapeno, Sweet Spanish Onions, Butter crunch Lettuce, Chantenay Carrots.
I'm doing 8 rows with 11 plant spots in each row. ~Vince

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Hell Yeah.

On the Seed note.... I have been entirely Unsuccessful using Rockwool and feel like my EasyRyders AND the Quicksilver might be toast...

I ordered a JointRyder Variety pack of Lowryder Autoflowering Dwarfs.... This way... If My others are shot... at least I have a forgiving seed that I can grow and harvest in 8 weeks to make up for the lost time...

Sheesh.. What a bust with the Rockwool. I have never had a problem sprouting anything in soil... I think I may start that way and then wash the roots to transplant to hydro.

What do you think?

Or... Maybe this week I was going to try those Jiffy Seed starter Trays with some Bagseeds.... If that works well then I will use it for the lowryder mix pack.

How did you start your seeds in your current grow??????

I start my seeds in Rockwool about a quarter inch deep, and have the system on with it watering every5.5 hours for a half an hour. The temp in there was 75-80.
I have heard a lot of peps getting a little pot like 2 inch diameter and put soil in it and then get it damp before you add the seed, less mess. keep it in 75-80 degree temp and put plastic wrap over top and a rubber band to keep it air tight (to keep humidity in)this is also called green house effect. Once the sprout pops take the plastic wrap off so you dont steam the sprout and gently rinse off soil and add to your Rockwool. Cheers ~Vince

MileHighGuy

Veteran
So it's official... The two Lowryder/AK47's are Gone.

I opened up the rockwool and found mold and rot....

Talk about an expensive lesson... damn.

I ordered a Pack of Joint Doctors Lowryder Variety pack with 10 seeds.

Since I will have Female and Male.... I might decide on soil until they show sex and then drop them in the hydro..

We will see.... Hopefully seeds will be here June 9th or 10th and I can finally start this journal...

At least two of my bagseeds are doing really well.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Can anyone help me decide whats wrong with my little bagseed?

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

This is my other one... She is doing GREAT....

IMG_0260.jpg

Also.... Kinda Random.... But check this out...

I just got done picking two pounds of Fresh... WILD... Asparagus.

Here is a pick of some Full grown Asparagus....
IMG_0251.jpg

To answer your question about medium for DWC, I've had the best success with Rapid Rooters. They are similar to rockwool but brown and hold the correct amount of water better than RW IMO. Then once you get a little root out of the bottom, stick that single root through a hole in your netpot and bury it with hydroton, get the water level just below the root level and it's off to the races.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
To answer your question about medium for DWC, I've had the best success with Rapid Rooters. They are similar to rockwool but brown and hold the correct amount of water better than RW IMO. Then once you get a little root out of the bottom, stick that single root through a hole in your netpot and bury it with hydroton, get the water level just below the root level and it's off to the races.
Thanks so much for the input...

When you say bury it with hydroten what do you mean?

I'm using six inch netpots.... if I put it in the bottom it will be totally covered.... Will it grow up through the hydroten??

Let me know... I'll be getting a Lowryder Variety pack next week and I want to sprout all 10...

I'll take the Strongest 4 and put into the Hydro and hope for a Female....

The others I will run in soil until I can tell sex.... and then transplant any females to replace any of the hydro males...

I can't wait!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts