What's new

1st run Purple Kush 2k 8 xl UC

BigGreen

Veteran
Who am I kidding just got back from trimming for 2.5 hours by myself and it aint fun at all.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
If you've got the scissor hash and your favorite music going, it still feels like work; but at least you'll be high as a kite!

:joint:

BigGreen

Veteran
I hear that HS but no hash fuel for me today. I play softball tonight and I like to be on my toes not hit in the face by the ball. I save the smoking for after. I sure did have the old rock station jammin out tho.

B

bipotato

IME, not necessary although it's apparently a different way to do it. (I've heard of the cold night method, too.)

I'm running quite a bit warmer, about 1-3*F differential (nights in low 80's), and expecting very dark purple, almost black buds at harvest time. Expectations based on the last run, near zero differential.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
IME, not necessary although it's apparently a different way to do it. (I've heard of the cold night method, too.)

I'm running quite a bit warmer, about 1-3*F differential (nights in low 80's), and expecting very dark purple, almost black buds at harvest time. Expectations based on the last run, near zero differential.

Is that this same cut?

:joint:

BigGreen

Veteran
I dont believe 65f is to cold for mj. Ive done it outside and it gets to be in the 30s be for I harvest. Never seemed to bother them plants much. Bipotato take a look at Hydrosuns grow with the same cut exact cut with warmer nights. His tend to give out slight hues of purple not black purple like mine.

B

bipotato

Is that this same cut?
No it's not, but unless it carries very unique purpling traits, I don't think it's relevant. Though new to Purple Kush, I've run a couple other "purple genetics" in the past and it seems to be triggered more or less the same. IME, anyways.

Apparently more than one way to skin a cat.

BigGreen

Veteran
Im about 1/2 way threw the crop. Ive trimmed up 3 #s be for and it didnt take this long, plus Im using a trim pro I think I have some weight in there.
Anybody wanna take a shot at yield.
Heres a be for trim shot

I think I still have about 4 more 3 hour trims to do be fro all said and done.

angel4us

ICMag Donor
is the stem purple???

is the stem purple???

a long time ago gypsy sent out some freebies called gypsy nirvanas very berry special. the stems of this strain were half purple half green throughout vegatative and flowering. the buds finished very early and were grenade size purple bombs......only experience with "purple "weed . did your purple cush exhibit this stalk /stem phenomina?????????

and it just happens this purple pheno rears its ugly head and will show up from the magic bag of beans every once in a while :dance013:

well green i would say for the eight in the bucket 4 ozs apeice =32 ozs. =2 lbs + wwwwooooooaaaaaaaaaaww

Last edited:

BigGreen

Veteran
That would be sick HS.
I know a couple of them are gonna hit that 12 oz mark for sure. Some of the others are 10-12 inches smaller so maybe 6-8 ozs on them. Time will tell.
Angel Im gonna shatter 1# per light this shit is really heavy. Great dense buds top to bottom.

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
you'll do fine after my expirence with them two branches that broke on me i say them little nugs are heavy as hell and one would think theres nothing there

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
That would be sick HS.
I know a couple of them are gonna hit that 12 oz mark for sure. Some of the others are 10-12 inches smaller so maybe 6-8 ozs on them. Time will tell.

Your grow already is sick...and so will be the results!

icon14.gif