What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st indoor run with 100W HPS

T

TrueReligion

The 9th bodhi seed has germinated; lions milk! Snow leopard is our last one to go!

T

TrueReligion

SFV and GG4 Training Update

SFV and GG4 Training Update

Going with a roller coaster method here for lst, I move it up a node daily since she grows at least that.she manages to maintain her shape too! SFV has made a full recover you were probably thinking earlier wow that looks over watered and overdosed. You were correct I had diagnosed that as well and brought her back to vigorous growth

Last edited:
T

TrueReligion

@Harry Hesticals, does my gg4 look like its growing like a real gg4? I don't trust any of the dispenseraries in so cal anymore the good ones all shut down its still a huge clone war given its settled a little since 2013. Thus I ordered bodhi seeds, but yeah thoughts homie?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
hello.... this is not to be mean in anyway... but 12 inches from a 1000watt HPS will give u loads of problems, try going down to a 600watt or even a 400watt.

GrowDoc

This chart is meant for minimum distances, but heat is another factor. I would not want higher than 82F at canopy top, under bulb -

Also, truereligion, did you know that GG4 does best with very lite feedings?? Starting around 300 PPM or .6 EC and not going higher than 600 PPM or 1.2 EC. Should be able to harvest at 60 days, but some run 70 to 75.

Seems like your plants are way too young for 1000 watts. Most GG4 growers put under t5's once the root system is somewhat established. A CFL is used for rooting into rockwool, and until it starts growing a little. GG4 is going to really stretch as soon as flipped to flower, at least 2 times, sometimes 3 times. It needs to be scrogged or supported some other way, or branches will break.

You could use CFL for cloning and young, T5 for veg, and 1000 for flowering. I am not familiar with how your other strains grow, but you could have them finishing at different times. Some strains can take up to 85 days.

T

TrueReligion

Upgraded the camera and topped gg4 for a main line with a free clone out of it!

T

TrueReligion

This chart is meant for minimum distances, but heat is another factor. I would not want higher than 82F at canopy top, under bulb -

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=51120&pictureid=1676942&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Also, truereligion, did you know that GG4 does best with very lite feedings?? Starting around 300 PPM or .6 EC and not going higher than 600 PPM or 1.2 EC. Should be able to harvest at 60 days, but some run 70 to 75.

Seems like your plants are way too young for 1000 watts. Most GG4 growers put under t5's once the root system is somewhat established. A CFL is used for rooting into rockwool, and until it starts growing a little. GG4 is going to really stretch as soon as flipped to flower, at least 2 times, sometimes 3 times. It needs to be scrogged or supported some other way, or branches will break.

You could use CFL for cloning and young, T5 for veg, and 1000 for flowering. I am not familiar with how your other strains grow, but you could have them finishing at different times. Some strains can take up to 85 days.

Thank you for the info, for the different strains I plan on running 12 plants max, all 12 under the same 1000W and when it comes to flower cycle out six plants per twelve hours to maximize light

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Thank you for the info, for the different strains I plan on running 12 plants max, all 12 under the same 1000W and when it comes to flower cycle out six plants per twelve hours to maximize light

You must be tight on space. That is going to be a pain in balls. GG4 will hermie easily if you can not switch plants out like clockwork. I have to worry about blowing circuits and attracting attention using too much electric. I have two tents set to run on alternating schedules. I have seen people use tomato cages on GG4, to prevent the branches from breaking, if not scrogged. Remember GG4 stretches tremendously when going into flower. Most also remove all lower branches at day 21 of flower, to produce bigger top buds and avoid crappy little buds on bottom.

If you have enough room, a light mover could be used, and would not have to worry about canopy temperature as much since the light is moving.

Just some suggestions. I have been listening to GG4 growers for over 2 years.

T

TrueReligion

You must be tight on space. That is going to be a pain in balls. GG4 will hermie easily if you can not switch plants out like clockwork. I have to worry about blowing circuits and attracting attention using too much electric. I have two tents set to run on alternating schedules. I have seen people use tomato cages on GG4, to prevent the branches from breaking, if not scrogged. Remember GG4 stretches tremendously when going into flower. Most also remove all lower branches at day 21 of flower, to produce bigger top buds and avoid crappy little buds on bottom.

If you have enough room, a light mover could be used, and would not have to worry about canopy temperature as much since the light is moving.

Just some suggestions. I have been listening to GG4 growers for over 2 years.

Yeah haha i only have one room to work with its 10x10x10. I plan on doing scrog for all of the plant and plan to do an 11/13 cycle so I have enough time to not hermie them

T

TrueReligion

Update 11/12 seeds have germinated (9 bodhis, 2 freebies) one of the freebies has a 43 day flower cycle how dope!
Chen Kesey #1 Has sprouted through the soil with purple cotyledons
Were still waiting for snow leopard

T

TrueReligion

We have a 12/12 germ ladies and gentlemen. 6/10 bodhis have broken the soil, three have sprouted

T

TrueReligion

Sweet Thanks Satan

Sweet Thanks Satan

All of the strains have sprouted my favorite so far is snow leopard, she's the least developed but has a pink purple stem unlike all the other strains!

Looks pretty special to me what do you guys think?
The real test is when it comes to harvest!

T

TrueReligion

SFV Update

SFV Update

She's really taken off after being transplanted I added some activated carbon into the soil as well

@Harry Hesticals, does my gg4 look like its growing like a real gg4? I don't trust any of the dispenseraries in so cal anymore the good ones all shut down its still a huge clone war given its settled a little since 2013. Thus I ordered bodhi seeds, but yeah thoughts homie?

From the thin fan blades, that not too Sativa or Indica shape if that makes any sense at all. I'd have to say yup, you could definitely have the real deal GG4. Some of THE dankest plants I've ever grown. Amazing chocolate diesel funk and not kushy to me at all. It has its own category of dank. Tremendous resin content!!!!

T

TrueReligion

From the thin fan blades, that not too Sativa or Indica shape if that makes any sense at all. I'd have to say yup, you could definitely have the real deal GG4. Some of THE dankest plants I've ever grown. Amazing chocolate diesel funk and not kushy to me at all. It has its own category of dank. Tremendous resin content!!!!

I get what you're saying sweet. She's already been stinking with this chocolate/coffee smell haha! Can't wait til harvest.

T

TrueReligion

The sproutee's

The sproutee's

there's two Lil pups three days behind to account for size and one has a duck foot mutation

T

TrueReligion

Chen kesey 1 I clipped 1mm of her root tip to stress test she just grew faster.

CK1

ck2

Last edited:
T

TrueReligion

Ghetto carbon scrubber

Ghetto carbon scrubber

1 20 x 20 x 1
2x 20 x 25 x 1
1 20" lasko fan
Activated carbon

Last edited:
T

TrueReligion

How extreme are the nodes on blue dream?

How extreme are the nodes on blue dream?

Judge for yourself

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts