What's new

1st Grow

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Hey bud. That's great stuff. If you want to. You can use the flushing solution now to be on the safe side. Depending on if you tapered off towards end with nutes or not. But I'd suggest if yr gonna use a solution to do it like now. For a day or 2 and then continue with plain water after. Or you could just stick with what your doing now and cont with plain water. Up to you. Only you truly know your plants

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
SDG thanks for the props my man. Yeah this is my 1st, never did it when I was young, never thought of doing it back in the 70's. An oz was $15 back then, of course the shits alot different now and things have changed. :tiphat:

And B thank you so much those are very kind words. Read some books, watched some videos, read thru journals on ICM, followed some direction, and got some good advice from a grower I had purchased the reflectors from. :thank you:

Harvest is next week hopefully the ladies will turn out good, no nute taste. Since I've been flushing with RO and molasses from the past week should I still use a flushing solution? Was going to pick some up today but I forgot. Big surprise huh, me forgetting.

Still need to get some mason jars or pickling containers to cure the bud in. :tree:

I get my jars from here: http://www.canningpantry.com/ get the wide mouth ball jars. Wide mouths are better because if you have to remove all the bud quickly all you have to do is turn the jar over and it all comes out. Also here is an article from IC on the perfect cure: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237 This guy leaves it in the jar with an RH of 60 and he swears by it. I'm definitely trying it out.

As for flushing you should be okay without the clearing solution. Check the tds - thats how I flush. The molasses may raise the tds but your tds should be low after a week flush. Make sure to keep dumping the rez and replenishing it so that you're actually removing the dissolved solids.

GREAT JOB!

socachi

Hey bud. That's great stuff. If you want to. You can use the flushing solution now to be on the safe side. Depending on if you tapered off towards end with nutes or not. But I'd suggest if yr gonna use a solution to do it like now. For a day or 2 and then continue with plain water after. Or you could just stick with what your doing now and cont with plain water. Up to you. Only you truly know your plants

Stopped using nutes Mon of last week, which was week 8. At that time I gave em an extra boost which caused a lock out. So Wen of last wk plain RO, Fri some molasses, this past Mon & Wen some molasses, today plain RO. Run off ph 6.85 ppm 885. So I'm thinking of giving them some more water tomorrow to flush some more or flushing solution. They'll be harvested next week. :tree:

socachi

I get my jars from here: http://www.canningpantry.com/ get the wide mouth ball jars. Wide mouths are better because if you have to remove all the bud quickly all you have to do is turn the jar over and it all comes out. Also here is an article from IC on the perfect cure: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237 This guy leaves it in the jar with an RH of 60 and he swears by it. I'm definitely trying it out.

As for flushing you should be okay without the clearing solution. Check the tds - thats how I flush. The molasses may raise the tds but your tds should be low after a week flush. Make sure to keep dumping the rez and replenishing it so that you're actually removing the dissolved solids.

GREAT JOB!

SDG thanks for the props and the link I'll have to check it out later. I hand water with a water wand no res, drain to waste. The ladies are in coir.

socachi

It was watering day and feeding time.

Table 1 Week 9: RO ph 5.95, ppm 25, run off ph 6.85, ppm 885

Table 2 Week 6: PBPS 12, HP 3.75, DN 5, HZ 8, FP 1, SE 10, CM 5, PS 1.25, ph 5.9, ppm 1109

Table 2 Week 6 SG: PBPS 12, AB 2, DN 5, HZ 8, FP 1, SE 10, MO 15, ph 5.9, ppm 1553

Table 1 will be harvested next week, because the run off was kinda of high I'm thinking of doing another flush tomorrow. Hmmm... :watchplant:

There's only 2 weeks left on the SG and the buds are small. Not sure if it ws the cheaper bulb early on, using the Seaweed extract instead of the Vermi Tea, more plants on the table of only vegging 2 wks. Any ideas :dunno:

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
You should be good to go at harvest. You might not even need to use flushing solution although it does help. When I used it last grow. Right after I flushed with it. The next day the leaves starting getting the Fall color. Startin turning purple so right then and there I knew it def helped leach out some stuff and plants forced to use up all stored nutrients so if you want to try one table with flushing solution and the other without you could figure out wat worked best for you.

socachi

Here's some pics of the SG from table 2. I'm thinking of letting these go a little longer than 8 wks, they're really small. :chin:

CDS

And a funky pic of the OG :yoinks:

I'll have to get some better pics of the OG after lights out.

Decided to go lights out for 24 hrs on table 1 OG's. Here they are after 3 days after last flush on Fri. Are they suppose to be like this? I did remove some fan leaves that wee really yellow.

Wasn't sure how I'd accomplish 24 hrs dark with table 2 3 weeks behind and not messing them up but I think I solved the problem.

Been busy the past couple days with transplanting clones for my 2nd run. This 1st tray will be BK, BK Pre 98 and CDS. One of the BK Pre 98 I'll keep as a mom.

So the next run will be BK's and CDS for table 1 and table 2 will probably be all OG's again or I may add some BK or CDS to the table, not sure just yet.

I'm thinking of letting the girls in veg go a little longer this time and top em a few times along the way before they go into flower. Maybe 3 weeks instead of 2, we'll see how the progress. Most of the CDS are 2-3 wks ahead of the other clones.

Well tomorrow is harvest time and I'm gonna be one busy SOB. :tree: :party:

socachi

Even though I wrapped table 1 some lighjt is still getting inside. So fellow farmers, will light leaks stop a ripening response on the gals on table 1? :canabis:

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Sometimes when ur far into floweing. Like u are at this point it prolly won't make a diff. Obviously. Better to have no light leaks. But u should be fine. Your pretty much almost done so the plant is on it way out after reproductive stage so it will ripen no problems. Maybe worse case u might get a late manner if any at all possible. So that's my take on ur situation.

socachi

I've had a couple very busy days with trimming. :whee: It took about 10 hrs to trim 22 plants, 2 of which were OG2 & OG4 which were going to be moms but went funky in their 4th mo. so off to flower they went. They turned out some small nugs.

My supplies

A couple of trimmed plants

A few nug shots

OG2

OG4

Some finished product

I think I may have been a little too anal in trimming for as long as it took. Wanting to get off all the leaves. Finally got down to just trimming em close to the bud. There's got to be a better way.

Looking forward to some dried and cured bud. :smoweed:

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Daaaaaaaamnnn. Super nice nuggage dude. Don't we wish they stay that size when they're dry. That would be siickkkk those shits look dank. Post up some dry pics if u can. Or weight Wet and Dry so u know the amount of weight lost. Just for your own documentation fo futre refrence

socachi

Daaaaaaaamnnn. Super nice nuggage dude. Don't we wish they stay that size when they're dry. That would be siickkkk those shits look dank. Post up some dry pics if u can. Or weight Wet and Dry so u know the amount of weight lost. Just for your own documentation fo futre refrence

Hey B thanks for the props, much appreciated. I'm gonna need to get a scale so I can weigh em. Which would you recommend?

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Hey B thanks for the props, much appreciated. I'm gonna need to get a scale so I can weigh em. Which would you recommend?

You could go with the good old school Tanita. Very reliable. Or your check out My Weigh scales. They make all differnt sizes too. 0.01 is always good to have instead of 0.0. You could. 500gram limits or more. They all work well. Some better than others. Of course. Those Tanita scales are a little pricey but I see those the most or used to back in the day. Every person I knew has one. I have a few my weighs. Actually I forget who it was but they send a free gift with the order which is a scale disguised/shaped like a CD case. That shit happens to work the best for me it's funny. But it's actually really accurate and it has a big plate to weigh which makes it easier instead of using an object like a cup or something to use and Tare. Anyway that's my 2 cents/novel on scales n what not. Hope I gave u an idea.

Ps. I tried to give u pos rating but I'm over the limit today :). Gotta hook my IC peoples. Lol. So I got you tomorrow with +rep for ur nice Grow

socachi

Hey fellow farmers looks like I got me a surgery planned in 3 mos. So I either have to go hydro or stop for awhile while I'm in the hospital which would be 4-7days. :clock watch: Plus I'll have to have someone stop by and feed the animals while I'm gone. Won't be the gf because we're over and she was the only one that knows about the grow.

So I got me a little dilemma here, what to do? Hmmm... :chin:

socachi

Been so busy with the harvest didn't have time to water yesterday, so they got some today

Veg Week 1: PBPG 12, ST 1 d, CM 4, PS 1.25, HZ 8, ph 5.9, ppm 921. I may have given them too much PBPG even though the bottle calls for 15. This was their 1st feeding.

Flower
Table 2 Week 7:
mo 15, ph 5.9, ppm 300

Table 2 is not doing nearly as well as table 1 did, I'm really disappointed so far in the results. Gonna make some changes on the next round, longer veg, fewer plants and back to the Vermi Tea.

socachi

Here's a pic of the FOG and SG that were in mom that I put into flower

Auto Flower Fire OG

Sour Grape

Received my new nutes, but a couple items are missing, Shooting Powder & Algen Extract. For some reason they sent the Roots Excelurator in eye dropper bottles. It looks like it'll be convenient.

Let's see what kid of nugs we can get from these bad boys. :plant grow:

Feed the FOG & SG today.

FOG & SG: PBPG 12, PBPB 12, HZ 8, DN 5, CM4, PS 1.25, ph 5.9, ppm 828

The pots were light so they're eating up the nutes. Not sure where in flower the auto flowering FOG is. Has anyone ever had an auto flower, did it cut down the length of flower, was the schedule the same?

socachi

I remember not so long ago at the beginning of this thread when I was running around like a chicken with his heasd cut off. All you have to do is go back 6 or 8 pages and you'll see me worrying if I messed things up by forgetting to do something. Over feeding because I added something twice because I forgot I added it once already or some crazy shit.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to seal the room while venting the lights without pulling any ac from the room. I think this is called a luxury problem. LOL

If it weren't for the help of everyone one the ICM things would have never turned out as well as they did. Here's to you fellow farmers. :tiphat: :greenstars:

When these are dry

They'll go into these 1/2 gal mason jars. Keeping it low tech.

I'll cure them for a few weeks till they're nice and sweet. :canabis: