What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st grow - PC Grow Box

ksdufh

Inspired by a couple of pc grows here on icmag (Zoidberg's and TeriYaki's), I decided to start my own.

A couple of shots from the build:

http://i.imgur.com/jDqcvvI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wrjLBym.jpg?1

(Disabled image preview for those two because I was over the image limit)

If it looks kinda small, that's because it is. The internal dimensions are 52.5 x 51 x 24.5 cm [20.6 x 20 x 9.6 in] (H x L x W). I decided to grow x2 northern lights.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The grow started ten days ago.

CpUjk9V.jpg

Right at the start after their first feeding I must have fucked up and given them water that was too acidic. I probably overdid the pH down since my pH meter was doa and I was relying on someone else's measurements.

jAw4Ne9.jpg

k7HvPgO.jpg

The first seedling has since recovered completely and was transplanted to its final 3.6L (0.95 gal) pot 3 days ago.

AUp3I9K.jpg

The second seedling had a much harder time, hardly growing for the last couple of days. Today however it seems to be doing much better and will soon be transplanted as well.

Fat1F63.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm using Biobizz light mix in the solo cups and light mix + all mix for the pots.
The feeding solution contains 2ml/L root!t first feed + 1drop/L pH down (Essentials Hydroponic).
I try to keep humidity between 50-70% and temps 24-28°C (75-82°F).

In case any of you can read Greek or don't mind using google translate, I've got a couple of threads up on the gr420.info forum.

Build thread

Grow thread

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Looking good so far. Looks like you did some research before starting your grow. Good luck, nothing is better than growing your own. :good:

ksdufh

I have to say, I love checking up on them every morning. It's so satisfying to watch them grow from day to day, even if it's a little bit. It sure is a very fun hobby :)

ksdufh

Considering I have about only 30cm (12in) from the soil to the grow light, should I be starting some LST?

doams

Considering I have about only 30cm (12in) from the soil to the grow light, should I be starting some LST?

I would let the plant grow till tops are like 10cm from lights then top and bend her think you have still time for lst.. /maybe sideview pic of current state would show us more/?

I usually lst when its almost too late and tops are very close to lights nearly touching them.. but thats just me..

since you havent mentioned are you running 12/12 from seed or are you vegging too/
are you considering topping the plants?
dunno if NL is a branchy one..if yes it would help getting many big colas :D

Guyzor94

Hi mate how are they getting on in the pc? I think you should start bending/tying them down now before the stems get too brittle, check out my current pc grow i'm doing now. It's F13 a fairly tropical sativa, i did one a few months ago along side a bluberyy auto but I didn't train her enough as you'll see in the pics and it did fairly spunk yield wise, excuse my french. But this time round I've been lst'ing, and topping them a lot and they've bushed out into a nice table of tops which is kind of what you want in a pc grow. Looking good and healthy anyway though mate!

ksdufh

since you havent mentioned are you running 12/12 from seed or are you vegging too/
are you considering topping the plants?

I'm running 24/0 right now, from what I've read 12/12 isn't really worth it. I decided to top the first one today (5 nodes) and will begin tying it down in a couple of days. I'll lst the second one as well, but after a few days as it's just been transplanted.

Hi mate how are they getting on in the pc? I think you should start bending/tying them down now before the stems get too brittle, check out my current pc grow i'm doing now. It's F13 a fairly tropical sativa, i did one a few months ago along side a bluberyy auto but I didn't train her enough as you'll see in the pics and it did fairly spunk yield wise, excuse my french. But this time round I've been lst'ing, and topping them a lot and they've bushed out into a nice table of tops which is kind of what you want in a pc grow. Looking good and healthy anyway though mate!

Thanks for the info mate, really helpful as I decide how to train my plants!

A few hours after the transplant
cQxLubo.jpg

Before topping #1
PZCWuxK.jpg

Before topping #2
Sn6mbhX.jpg

After topping
cT0yFs7.jpg

M

Mr. Sparkle

looking healthy, and training can be done whenever, as for length of veg time, i find you typically don't need more than 2-3 weeks max in PC cases before you should flip, anything more and they try to outgrow the space.

The training on the little one won't really do anything at this stage, other than just moving the stem over, but you'll see.

Keep it up ;)

ksdufh

looking healthy, and training can be done whenever, as for length of veg time, i find you typically don't need more than 2-3 weeks max in PC cases before you should flip, anything more and they try to outgrow the space.

The training on the little one won't really do anything at this stage, other than just moving the stem over, but you'll see.

Keep it up ;)

Thanks for the info, that's really helpful! I was actually researching when's the best time to switch lights in a PC grow and coming up short.

Those are two mean little grow boxes you've got there :biggrin:
I'll have to pour through your thread when I have some time during the weekend.

M

Mr. Sparkle

stop posting fucking 4k pictures man

Hey now, they automatically scale, so whats the issue, ICMAG defaults any photos to a 800 pixel max height thumbnail if the photos are larger, myself i reduce my photo size just for size convenience as most people don't have 4k monitors. But i see no issue :tiphat:

ksdufh

I mean I could post smaller versions, but like Mr.Sparkle said they resize automatically and in case anyone wants moar detail they can just open the image in a separate tab. It's not like they're huge files either; I compress them before uploading to make everyone life's easier.

Latest posts

Latest posts