What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st grow - PC Grow Box

1.2mb per pic
22 pics

not everyone has 2k screens and dozen mb connections, and lets be honest, theyre not wallpaper quality, what do we wanna see in 4000 pixels detail?

ksdufh

Btw, I'd like your insight. If I understand this correctly in the following picture we can see 6 growth tips.

If I flipped lights tomorrow, would those 6 stems grow into fully fledged colas? Or do I have to wait for them to get bigger?

i6IH8qG.jpg

M

Mr. Sparkle

Btw, I'd like your insight. If I understand this correctly in the following picture we can see 6 growth tips.

If I flipped lights tomorrow, would those 6 stems grow into fully fledged colas? Or do I have to wait for them to get bigger?

well not cola's per say but definitely each one will become a bud site, and they will extend as well

You can flip now if you want or i would give a bit more time to the other plant before doing so

ksdufh

well not cola's per say but definitely each one will become a bud site, and they will extend as well

You can flip now if you want or i would give a bit more time to the other plant before doing so

Great, thanks! Yeah, I'm going to wait for the second guy to catch up a little bit first and flip then. One more question if you don't mind; what kind of training techniques can I use during flowering?

______________________________ ______________________________ ______________________________

FIM'ed the little guy today at the 4th node.

Before
aLBYBi3.jpg

After
fFcin7r.jpg

M

Mr. Sparkle

Great, thanks! Yeah, I'm going to wait for the second guy to catch up a little bit first and flip then. One more question if you don't mind; what kind of training techniques can I use during flowering?

Same stuff you're doing now, you usually only have to do anything when your between week 1-2 of flower up to the third or fourth week, past that you usually don't have to train anymore, as by then the plants vertical stretch is over and its working on building buds.

ksdufh

Same stuff you're doing now, you usually only have to do anything when your between week 1-2 of flower up to the third or fourth week, past that you usually don't have to train anymore, as by then the plants vertical stretch is over and its working on building buds.

Appreciate the info ;)

ksdufh

So I watered them the other day with 0.75 ml/L BioGrow from BioBizz and they both just grew monstrously. I'll switch to 12/12 tomorrow after 3 weeks of veg.

mPIyIF6.jpg

ksdufh

My ladies are really starting to grow. I'm trying to keep their height as low as possible using LST but I'm thinking about SCROG as well. What are your opinions?

Also I'm thinking about defoliating the big plant a bit as it's really crowded on the lower level.

ktAgoLwl.jpg

eRCCxbS.jpg

This is kind of what I'm thinking of doing:

7tIVi5Pl.jpg

ksdufh

I installed a mesh shield at the intake of the carbon filter/exhaust as some leaves were getting pretty close.

YBtqdmjl.jpg

YQdwYhTl.jpg

Did some defoliation as well and that's all I removed from the big plant.

NZD2aOYl.jpg

ksdufh

So my babies had been getting a little too tall. Did some emergency LST today to keep them in check. The big plant before and after:

Before

xJfCLLVl.jpg

After

PVptstXl.jpg

Also temps have been rising steadily the last couple of weeks as summer is approaching. Which means during noon it can get as high as 28-29 C inside the box. I'm going to replace my intake fan with one like the ones I have in the exhaust (powerful & silent). Although this one is powerful I can't really rev it up too high because it gets too loud.

I keep my window and balcony door open to create some current which does help some. I'm thinking about getting a big fan to blow on the pc from outside, though I'll have to do some tests first to see if it's worth it.

In the meantime I tried this - placing an ice pack inside the front cover of the pc. It drops temps by 1-2 C (though it does raise humidity a bit) and lasts 3-4 hours. It's more like a backup for when temps get too high.

Making some room inside the cover by grinding any bits of plastic in the way
yfRdyCvl.jpg

Fixtures for keeping the ice pack high enough so it doesn't block the intake
9KEcUkrl.jpg

And the whole thing assembled
1rS6K3Xl.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts