What's new

have you seen my purple?

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
Welcome. Idk where you can find the exact purple youve got in mind, but im testing something now that should taste like purple. Right now idk what it will be tho.

oldmaninbc

I don't drink myself but I imagine a wine connoisseur experiences the same disheartening experience as a cannabis smoker, when they obtain a classic or supposed classic and find its mixed with something else. I don't blame people they know not what they have or do most of the time. It just sucks when you know what you want and struggle finding it because of immitations. If you haven't had the authentic you probably wouldn't have no way of knowing. It is what it is, just sucks when you seek something and think you found it, spends months cultivating it and eventually find out its not what you thought it was.

I find people are happy to provide what they think you looking for, its not their fault usually when its not, they thought they had what you seek because it was given to them under said name. So as much as I wish people would understand that, I dont mean the people who unknowingly spread stuff, but the people who knowingly do it.
With the alcohol industry, it's government regulations that permit what the business can get away with.

The government is about to make some changes to Canadas cannabis laws, it will be interesting to see which direction the rules are going to take.

ringtail

I used to run purple urkle and I also ran GDP which was very much similar in flavor but lacked the punch of the urkle. Both the urkle and granddaddy purple produced a lovely grape flavor the gdp a bit more soda like but the urkle more candied berry grape with a touch of skunks ass.

I've been seeking katsu and urkle and I keep finding people with I guess s1's or something. I really wish people would not label things incorrectly. That's how we end up with people saying they have this or that but really they have some offspring. I've gotten two different cuts of Katsu but not the authentic cut I used to run so it's almost disheartening to obtain a cut and find out its not authentic.

I wish people would understand fake clones are insulting.
what a cool experience to run both and taste the difference. hope you can find the katsu you are looking for!
I don't drink alcohol because of medications but I reflect back to a conversation with a salesman from the industry who told me, they like to maintain the quality of popular beer by not mixing batches of different beers together. Less popular beer, just throw together whatever batches of beer they have.

The wine industry is the same in Canada, what wine is being sold only has to contain a % of the actual product the rest could be any wine.

Our idea of purity is any ones guess on some products commercially sold.
I don't drink myself but I imagine a wine connoisseur experiences the same disheartening experience as a cannabis smoker, when they obtain a classic or supposed classic and find its mixed with something else. I don't blame people they know not what they have or do most of the time. It just sucks when you know what you want and struggle finding it because of immitations. If you haven't had the authentic you probably wouldn't have no way of knowing. It is what it is, just sucks when you seek something and think you found it, spends months cultivating it and eventually find out its not what you thought it was.

I find people are happy to provide what they think you looking for, its not their fault usually when its not, they thought they had what you seek because it was given to them under said name. So as much as I wish people would understand that, I dont mean the people who unknowingly spread stuff, but the people who knowingly do it.
100% to you both. and i feel this experience can be likened to anything; your favorite meal cooked just the way you like it but the restaurant closed, that piece of clothing that fit just right and cant be replaced years later when its worn out. i think the era of the real purps and katsu happened right before key advancements in tissue culture and genetic preservation that could have helped keep these flavors alive. with purps not being such a yielder and high tester as the cookies hybrids, i understand why growers moved on. same with the bubba lines that took longer to veg. but hoping there is something within spitting distance or maybe someone here has it.

ringtail

Welcome. Idk where you can find the exact purple youve got in mind, but im testing something now that should taste like purple. Right now idk what it will be tho.
best of luck! if you are documenting the grow here, i'd be interested in following along to see how it turns out.

ringtail

I got my GDP from 707 Grandaddy Dawg. Mostly swampy mossy rubbery leaky septic Chem crap but theres some straight GDP in those packs. The only strain I've smoked that has couch lock and purp flavor since 2015. Good yields too. Nasty children's grape Tylenol when fresh, polymerizes into classic couch lock purp after cure (I know most people can't won't and don't cure their weed for anymore for whatever reason, so you gotta attach disclaimers these days.)
sounds like a fun pheno hunt to get those grape cough syrup terps. ive always wanted to do a hunt myself, maybe in due time. i saw 707 kush daddy purple that has gdp as the mother, i wonder how close the mother gdp is to the original. i wish they sold seeds of just the gdp.

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
May i show u my purple love? First 2 Pictures = Fully seeded from my SVH#12 F2 male, the last 2 are a normal run for bud.
PXL_20240502_223626739.jpg
PXL_20240502_224243453.MP.jpg
PXL_20231221_203823594.MP.jpg
PXL_20231221_203551491.jpg

Last Picture = Limon Blanco purple Bud.

Attachments

• Limon Blanco.jpg
    Limon Blanco.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Limon Blanco from Khalifa Genetics - just in Feminized form.
Its an true F1 Hybrid from 2 IBL's.
The White x Afghan Hashplant - It is more cali then 90% of the "cali" weed.

It smells lemony, very lemony.. Super lemony.
Pungeont, its a 10/10.
Sexually stable as hell, no herms at all.
I just can recommend that strain to all of ya.
The first strain that is in my regular rotation (Growing).

I got this genetic in Regular from him (Khalifa), i love him for that xD
F4 in Reg - I will do F5 later this year.. Thousends of seeds from this Genetic, iam so happy with that u cannot even imagine.

Last edited:

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Sorry for tripple Post, hope thats okay? I dont know how to do that with 1 post.

La Bomba (after Limon Blanco) the second best strain, ive ever had.
Wedding Cake x Jet Fuel Gelato - Compound Genetics Ive got a pretty much Wedding Cake leaning phenotype.
The smell is amazing, its a bit stronger then limon blanco.
9.5/10 will grow it again super stoked i got marshmellow og now from compound lets see.

The Green Purple is Biker 41 from Karma its alright. But i got bananas (hermie), i cuttet them away, no seeds.. But i dont will grow it again. 2/10 (because hermie) but it made u high like crazy. If there would be no herm 8/10.

Yield=
La Bomba 9.5 / 10 XXL
Limon Blanco 7.5 / 10 (its alright for the quality its really great) L - XL
Biker 41 - 4/10 (i think its because it hermied - very low yield la bomba got almost double) S-M

Attachments

• PXL_20240202_204345520.jpg
    PXL_20240202_204345520.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20240202_204429998.jpg
    PXL_20240202_204429998.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20240202_204710620.jpg
    PXL_20240202_204710620.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20240202_204729881.jpg
    PXL_20240202_204729881.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20240202_204731608.jpg
    PXL_20240202_204731608.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
@Ttutorial beautiful plants, thanks for sharing. hope to have a room looking like that soon, nice size room too. what did the flowers end up tasting like?
Pretty much like they smell.
But they are a little bit to strong, honestly smoke that just before u go to sleep... :D
Biker 41 had something creamy to it + Kush, i found that special to be honest.
Kick's u good :D

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Sorry for tripple Post, hope thats okay? I dont know how to do that with 1 post.

La Bomba (after Limon Blanco) the second best strain, ive ever had.
Wedding Cake x Jet Fuel Gelato - Compound Genetics Ive got a pretty much Wedding Cake leaning phenotype.
The smell is amazing, its a bit stronger then limon blanco.
9.5/10 will grow it again super stoked i got marshmellow og now from compound lets see.

The Green Purple is Biker 41 from Karma its alright. But i got bananas (hermie), i cuttet them away, no seeds.. But i dont will grow it again. 2/10 (because hermie) but it made u high like crazy. If there would be no herm 8/10.

Yield=
La Bomba 9.5 / 10 XXL
Limon Blanco 7.5 / 10 (its alright for the quality its really great) L - XL
Biker 41 - 4/10 (i think its because it hermied - very low yield la bomba got almost double) S-M
That looks awesome, wedding cake is a nice stran in its own right.
what a cool experience to run both and taste the difference. hope you can find the katsu you are looking for!

100% to you both. and i feel this experience can be likened to anything; your favorite meal cooked just the way you like it but the restaurant closed, that piece of clothing that fit just right and cant be replaced years later when its worn out. i think the era of the real purps and katsu happened right before key advancements in tissue culture and genetic preservation that could have helped keep these flavors alive. with purps not being such a yielder and high tester as the cookies hybrids, i understand why growers moved on. same with the bubba lines that took longer to veg. but hoping there is something within spitting distance or maybe someone here has it.

The closest thing I've found since I lost the urkle was Old Family Purple, I found a pheno I wish I still had but didn't keep, mainly because I plan to pop another pack and hunt for a pheno with less cure time required for the authentic purple grape candy flavor. This Old Family Purple took an extended cure to lose the citrus note that invaded the grape, but after a long cure the citrus would dissapate and then this was authentic purple. I figured if I found this out of one pack, I could probably find an equal but less citrus.

I did gift the OFP out to a couple others but haven't been able to get it back. CSI Old Family Purple.

ofp (5).jpg
ofp (7).jpg
ofp (6).jpg
This was certanly authentic purple grape candy after extended cure to allow the citrus note to dissapate.

Attachments

• ofp.jpg
    ofp.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 13

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
@Ttutorial

for over one and half month i was at spannabis time in braca and i have tried that La Bomba weed, it not bed but i d`iont not the cross behind it, Gracias for this info ;)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

The closest thing I've found since I lost the urkle was Old Family Purple, I found a pheno I wish I still had but didn't keep, mainly because I plan to pop another pack and hunt for a pheno with less cure time required for the authentic purple grape candy flavor. This Old Family Purple took an extended cure to lose the citrus note that invaded the grape, but after a long cure the citrus would dissapate and then this was authentic purple. I figured if I found this out of one pack, I could probably find an equal but less citrus.

I did gift the OFP out to a couple others but haven't been able to get it back. CSI Old Family Purple.

View attachment 18997501 View attachment 18997503 View attachment 18997502 This was certanly authentic purple grape candy after extended cure to allow the citrus note to dissapate.
That's the closest thing I've seen to the Legendary GDP Clone I used to work with , amazing looking 👌.

Zero Lemon in the straight GDP as you know but man that's nearly identical in look , nice work from CSI and your grow of her

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
That's the closest thing I've seen to the Legendary GDP Clone I used to work with , amazing looking 👌.

Zero Lemon in the straight GDP as you know but man that's nearly identical in look , nice work from CSI and your grow of her
Yeah no citrus at all in the original. It was pure grape candy from the start to the finish. That OFP I found could have fooled anyone after 45-60 day cure, but the citrus note present up to that point took away from it, although in hindsight it was probably worth the wait because the enjoyment I got from it after such cure did bring back memories from the original gpd and urkle.
280IMGP9164.JPG
280IMGP9196.JPG
280IMGP9165.JPG

Throw back shots of the authentic urkle from 2010

fall.jpg
ofp 56 days flower (1).jpg
ofp 56 days flower (2).jpg
Next up is a couple more shots of the OLD FAMILY PURPLE.

Last edited:

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway

Kens Grand Daddy is selling the GDP, so i wanted to ask you guys, is it authentic?
https://www.cannapot.com/shop/hanfsamen/kens-grand-daddy/grand-daddy-purple_samen.html this one.

@blazeoneup What for pictures.. well done mate!

CSI Humboldt has authentic Urkle, or not?

ringtail

View attachment 18997501 View attachment 18997503 View attachment 18997502 This was certanly authentic purple grape candy after extended cure to allow the citrus note to dissapate.

wow, those flowers look delicious. really appreciate you sharing the pics and info about OFP. i read in another thread someone also said there are some purple-y phenos in there, which is exciting, but makes me kind of just want to go with the urkle and eliminate having to hunt around the tk. have you tried any other CSI gear? gpd, purple urkle or mendo purps?

ringtail

Yeah no citrus at all in the original. It was pure grape candy from the start to the finish. That OFP I found could have fooled anyone after 45-60 day cure, but the citrus note present up to that point took away from it, although in hindsight it was probably worth the wait because the enjoyment I got from it after such cure did bring back memories from the original gpd and urkle.

Throw back shots of the authentic urkle from 2010

Next up is a couple more shots of the OLD FAMILY PURPLE.

@blazeoneup this is incredible. that second to last picture is so relaxing, it should be wallpaper. ..and the authentic urkle...🤤

without doing a complete deep dive on all your past posts, have you posted any grow alongs or write ups in the past about your room set up and/or approach to growing indoors? you seem like someone i could learn a thing or two from by reading up on what you've done.

ringtail

@Ttutorial

for over one and half month i was at spannabis time in braca and i have tried that La Bomba weed, it not bed but i d`iont not the cross behind it, Gracias for this info ;)
i've never spoken to someone who has gone to Spannabis - what is it like, is there access a ton of genetic diversity there given Spain's central location in the world? i guess genetic diversity is subjective but what I'm trying to ask is, can an attendee find old stock or landrace-y beans there? naively, i would assume that a large event in Spain has a higher probability of attracting people who either have or have access to local native strains in Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, etc. than an event in the USA would.

ringtail

Kens Grand Daddy is selling the GDP, so i wanted to ask you guys, is it authentic?
https://www.cannapot.com/shop/hanfsamen/kens-grand-daddy/grand-daddy-purple_samen.html this one.

@blazeoneup What for pictures.. well done mate!

CSI Humboldt has authentic Urkle, or not?

if they grow out anything like the flower i had back in the day, you should get the purps in some compacity. do you trust that seedbank? i believe the brand is Grand Daddy Purp and the strain is Ken's GDP because Ken had a line - that difference in naming conventions stood out to me.

Latest posts

Latest posts