What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st 2 pulls from passive MkIII purging.. WTF am I doing?

toohighmf

Veteran
Got a couple things to help up my yield and quality. Got a 6x12 spool to add to to my existing 6x6, a high pressure clamp and flanged gasket.
Then I purchased a 3x24" dewax column. When using a dewax column, should I have a dump valve and let the tane soak in the subzero dewax for a while, then dump, or should I just run my 2+ column volumes straight through? Thanks!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Invaluable info, Old Gold. Thank you. I ordered a 6x12 spool and a clamp/gasket to either use as is or add to my existing 6x6. Should be good to go until I build my next rig. I'm running passive for now while getting my feet wet.

A passive system isn't as critical about distance of pool to tank outlet, because port velocities are lower.

More depth gets you more volume, but not more speed, because the surface area remains the same.

Carla at Specialized Formulations came up with a Transforminator adapter for a Mk III, using a 10" x 6" end cap adapter, so she had Mk III uppers and Mk IV lower end.

Something to consider.

toohighmf

Veteran
Thanks GW! I looked for specialized formulations online, but only found an old FB page that hasn't been touched in a year, and some instructional vids on YouTube. I did however browse glacier tank and found this 6x12 adapter. If I grabbed this I could either mount my end cap or my entire 6x6 pot to it, and a 12x12 column/platter and boom.. I have the capacity to run bigger columns and way more butane??? It's really that easy? http://www.glaciertanks.com/tri-clamp-fittings-end-cap-reducers-b3155mp-g1200-600.html

Attachments

• IMG_6939.jpg
    IMG_6939.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 10