What's new

1k RWDC in Hydrohut tent

B

Bob Smith

Bob: Thanks for the information on auto restart. I ended up going with a Active Air Dehumidifier. Just looked at some pictures and I hope this one will work. Going to have the drain hose draining into a condensate pump that will pump out to drain.

Since you're getting a new-ish dehuey (i.e., made in the last twenty years), if I were you I wouldn't be wasting that "run-off".

That water is basically R/O water - mine spits out at around 6ppms, and I use it to top-off my veg reservoir (via float valve).

If it's an older one (don't quote me on this, I'm a grower more than a scientist) I believe the issue was that they had lead somewhere in them and that's why using waste water from one of them is a bad idea.

That's an interesting little humidifier you've got there - could you go into a little more detail about it?

EDIT: BTW, panel looks real clean..........it's always easy to spot those who know what they're doing with electrical vs. those who just do what they can and hope they don't burn anything down (yours truly) - my "panel" looks like a god damn maze of wires.......

DOUBLE EDIT: What I thought was your humidifier in one picture I now realize isn't, no need to go into detail about it.

stussy22

I was thinking about running the water back into the system. Being that it has been filter by the plants. Ya the dehumidifier I bought is new and I'm hoping has auto restart.

Thanks for the compliment on the electrical. I guess it's a plus to work in the mechanical industry with this hobby.

I'm just hoping now that this dehumidifier is going to work. We'll see.

stussy22

update

update

Got a little more work done yesterday.

Fan completed

Going to have to :joint: another one in this thread with all that neck pain. Low Side electrical DONE. Still need to run main coming in.

The Temp was reading 81.7 a foot or so below the light. The current out door temp was 62. Fan was running on high cooling the light. Telling me that what ever the outside temp is it will be 20 warmer inside. So 65 degrees kind of know my boundaries now before I get AC going I guess.

more goodies came late last night.

well going to have another espresso and :joint: then back to work.

Dankgravy

Damn. I would gladly dig any size ditch to learn those electrical/other construction skills from you. I'm impressed

stussy22

updaters

updaters

mounted the Co2 Control and tank.

Also built a shelf for my 32 gallon rez

Things I need to still.

Mount and install piping for RO filter
Dig 2' trench 60' long for power to sub pannel. Total run 170'
Mount Humidity controller
install Dehumidifier.
Install and run in UC system
Sterilize inside of tent

might be a few other things I'm missing but thats jist of it. Just waiting on all those other parts to come in.

stussy22

I also ran the remote sensor for my thermostat. I was getting some feedback from the ballast to the sensor that was effecting the temperature reading. I might have to move that ballast further away from thermostat on the wall.

On a side note the remote sensor for the thermostat works GREAT!! I did a little trial test run last night. Set point of 84, at 85 the inline fan would came on cool down the light and tent to 83 then shut off. I love it when things work properly

Lebniis

Ideal tent set up! very impressed, making me look down at my 2'x4' hydro hut. You obviously realized the importance of ventilation with the tent. Not only that, but you said you might move up to 10'x10', you have definitely created everything to be plug and play with the next tent. Subscribed

What is the difference between UC and RDWC?

stussy22

I have that same jersey also haha

sounds like we have our own little PB team.

Ideal tent set up! very impressed, making me look down at my 2'x4' hydro hut. You obviously realized the importance of ventilation with the tent. Not only that, but you said you might move up to 10'x10', you have definitely created everything to be plug and play with the next tent. Subscribed

What is the difference between UC and RDWC?

Thanks for the kind words. And that was my planning and thinking ahead to make everything set up the way it is so it will be easy to upgrade.

RWDC (Recirculating Deep Water Culture) Here is a animated basic set up of a RWDC. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq0ppgAvm8M

UC (Under Current Hydroponics) Here is an animated video that explains it quite well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e8mK19mcPM

Main difference is that RWDC has the pump in the control bucket feed each bucket with a feed line near the top. A Under Current system has all the buckets connected at the bottom with an external pump pulling the water through them all. Let me know if I'm leaving any thing out.

stussy22

looking good broh nice craftsman skills i see im subed for this one !!!

Thanks trying to get it up and running as soon as possible. Just waiting on parts.

Unfortunately no specific questions, but eventually I want to learn how to wire a large amperage sub panel and your setup looks clean

Defiantly sounds like a small project. Just need to know a few factors that might hold you up when you are in the planning phase. Also what you are looking to be running from the sub and you should be good.

stussy22

They have arrived.

They have arrived.

Long day. Picked up system and some nutes. Here is a few pics

Ran 1/2 water line to feed the RO filter from my washer. Have RO water feeding into 32 gal rez on a float.

Their in. Damn putting those PVC pipes in damn rubber thing is a BITCH!

Hum-1 Came in too. The sensor board is on yoyos nothing special

Just got word from my buddy on the young ones. The OG is loving the SOG screen. The Bubba is going to have a few FAT colas. He's in week 2 of bloom. He also cut me some babies yesterday :D

Dankgravy

Thanks trying to get it up and running as soon as possible. Just waiting on parts.

Defiantly sounds like a small project. Just need to know a few factors that might hold you up when you are in the planning phase. Also what you are looking to be running from the sub and you should be good.

I'm just in the pre planning phase, but eventually I want to run a 4-6k sealed setup, probably in a well sealed room within a garage. A room within a room setup.. I have everything down, but the power is going to be my nemesis. For 6k with fans ac etc, I'm thinking I will need around 100amps? So I would have to figure out how to wire that off the main panel.

Dankgravy

Annnd this looks amazing. One of the cleanest set ups I have seen.. You can tell you come from the construction (hvac same thing kinda?) field. I want to see it blown up to 10x10

stussy22

CLEANING

CLEANING

Well got the majority of things done. Had to fix a leak I had on the humidifier float valve.

Right now I have the system filled with water/bleach solution about how long would you recommend I run this before doing a few flushes ?

All that is left on my plate is running the damn power to my sub panel. I roughed out the trench (about 8" deep) would like to go 24" but I don't know how my back will hold up. And pulling this cable is going to be a bitch! Hoping to get it done this weekend and get my babies in there. My buddy, his first round in this trade. Cut some babies for me and they aren't looking good. He ended up scraping those and cutting some more today. Hopefully these will do better.

stussy22

Looking good stussy22!

Thanks Bud yours is coming along nicely too

I'm just in the pre planning phase, but eventually I want to run a 4-6k sealed setup, probably in a well sealed room within a garage. A room within a room setup.. I have everything down, but the power is going to be my nemesis. For 6k with fans ac etc, I'm thinking I will need around 100amps? So I would have to figure out how to wire that off the main panel.

First have to see what you have going to your main. Then that is going to be your limiting factor. The path from your Main panel to where the sub panel is going what does that look like? Is the garage connected to the house ? Or detached ? I would say a 100 amp panel would be a good starting point for a 6k watt. A rule of thumb with electrical it's better to have more power than no enough. Interested in your layout. Have any plans/prints drawn up yet? Or is it all in the head still ?

Annnd this looks amazing. One of the cleanest set ups I have seen.. You can tell you come from the construction (hvac same thing kinda?) field. I want to see it blown up to 10x10

Thanks!! all I have to do is get that power ran. My back is killing me time to medicate. :joint:

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Nice progress stussy!! i cant wait to see your sweet ass grow room growing some dankums.

Keep it up.