What's new

1k RWDC in Hydrohut tent

Great book Stu, its been on my bedside shelf for a few weeks. Are we getting some day 13 pics? :D

cracka - Thanks for the info. What did you use to clean the algae?

A small dose of Physan 20, 1ml to 3gal for the 3 days added straight to my current nute mix. Then "Down Under", which you may of heard of before being called Hydro-Fungicide, or in Canada its called Hydro-Sparkle. I ran this at their full strength for about 10 days 4ml/gal with half strength nutes and now will always be running at the maintenance dose 2ml/gal.

It's kind of expensive stuff, 40 a quart w/ a bottle of Physan20 but its something that I'll always be keeping in my system. I'm going to cut back on nutes and try going the cheap route with maxibloom and see how that works running lucas, but I don't mind spending the cash on a product that I now know from experience will keep my plants healthy not stunted.

I'm sure there are other things that work, but I went with this because I never read negative feedback on it or that it didn't clean up an issue. I tried bleach and h2o2 first to avail, but probably could've stepped up on ppms with the h2o2 since I was using 3%.

Hope that helps someone, even if just with prevention.

stussy22

Day 14 Veg

Day 14 Veg

PPM 510
PH 5.9
Water Temp 67
Air temp 81 high 65 low
RH 82%-51%
Co2 490

missed day 13 opps.

I dropped the light about 8" lower trying to get these guys to get moving a bit quicker. Roots are looking great. Will post some pictures of them in a few days. Added 1.5 ml per gallon of CalMag. Was seeing signs of some yellowness in the leaves. Will report back on how that looks in a few days.

stu :joint:

stussy22

Great book Stu, its been on my bedside shelf for a few weeks. Are we getting some day 13 pics? :D

Missed day 13 pics >_< was busy doing a bunch of other things.

Sorry to jump in, but I saw the pic of roots and looks like what my roots did during the onset of my brown algae which I thought was just stain from floranova/liquid karma. After I got it cleaned up the dark tint went away. Just a heads up, you would be able to tell if it was from the roots since they won't have that tough healthy feeling to them, but instead that thin layer of mucous like substance.

Plants look great though! Love the genetics, I just got a cut of PK myself. It's ******'s OG x Grape Ape.

Are you running Roots Excelurator or any other benes? That brown is only on the upper part of the roots, that is where the water level is. When running roots its leaves a ring of brown around the water level. So I don't think it is the same brown slime you are talking about. Thanks for the good tips on how to get rid of that stuff though + rep.

stu :joint:

InlineMax

LOL @ those giant A/C's. If you had a room big enough to run them shits, you wouldnt have time to be an hvac tech. You just get em for free at work? What a hook up, time to get on craigs list!

Plants are moving along, keep at it!

stussy22

Day 25 Veg

Day 25 Veg

PPM 700
PH 5.8
Water Temp 66
Air temp 82 high 69 low
RH 75%-49%
Co2 389

Sorry its been a while since I posted an updated been busy with other things.
bumped the PPMs up to 700 last night. Looking to flip them soon.

root ball on the Bubba

stu :joint

stussy22

LOL @ those giant A/C's. If you had a room big enough to run them shits, you wouldnt have time to be an hvac tech. You just get em for free at work? What a hook up, time to get on craigs list!

Plants are moving along, keep at it!

Ya those units are 5 tons each LOL. Wish I had a place to use them.

Thanks for the kind words.

You holding out on us? Two weeks need some pix!

:joint:

I know I know you guys miss me :D How tall should I let those LVPKs get before the flip. I recall you saying 18" max. I need to work on my pruning skill next run. They aren't as bushy as I would like them to be. Thanks for stopping in HS.

stu

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Ok,

Great to see you still plugging along!

They still look really small for my taste to flip. I like to have them at 60% of the max height of the room, because they should give you about 50% stretch. If they do that then you get 90% max height when finished.

Can you move the water temp up to 70 - 72? Also how high is the light above the babies? It looks like you can drop it down and really get them to bush out.

BigGreen

Veteran
Every once in a while I will fill a 5 gallon bucket with plain ro water and wash my roots in it very carefully. They will explode a day or two after that. I believe it keeps em fresh. Try it out
BG

stussy22

Ok,

Great to see you still plugging along!

They still look really small for my taste to flip. I like to have them at 60% of the max height of the room, because they should give you about 50% stretch. If they do that then you get 90% max height when finished.

Can you move the water temp up to 70 - 72? Also how high is the light above the babies? It looks like you can drop it down and really get them to bush out.

alright I will take note to my room height.

I can adjust the water temp up a bit. What is the reasoning behind that ?

light is roughly about two feet above them. Will get an exact measurement when lights come on later tonight.

thx for input.

stu

stussy22

Every once in a while I will fill a 5 gallon bucket with plain ro water and wash my roots in it very carefully. They will explode a day or two after that. I believe it keeps em fresh. Try it out
BG

Thanks for that tip BG. It is small things like this that really appreciate. When you say wash roots do you just allow them to sit in the water ? Do you agitate the water at all ? Thanks for the pointers BG.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I was hoping to see an explosion in growth over the last two weeks and they don't seem to have doubled so I was thinking maybe the solution was a little too chilly for them.

As for flushing your roots an airstone and clearex would be great. 12 hours should do the trick. Set the PH to 5.6 and the PPM as close to zero + clearex as possible. Note the PH PPM readings when you take them out 12 hours later.

Also did you follow BGs settings for water level in a UC?

stussy22

how about just doing a flush in the UC. So I don't have to do another bucket setup.

The water level is as low as I can get it. Maybe 1/2-3/4 of and inch below net pot.

BigGreen

Veteran
I can get my water level below an inch in my 8gal rig.
I didnt mean a entire system of buckets just 1 5 gallon bucket filled 3/4 full of water. Just hold the pot and set the roots in there and gently message the roots. It will clean them right up. The brown from the RE isnt bad I just like to see them really clean. I only do this at most 2 times per grow usually 1 time tho.

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
I've done the same exact thing except I did it when I saw a small sign of discoloration,I filled the bucket almost all the way up with tap and H2o2 mix dipped each plant for 20 mins and next day saw signifficant new root growth.

Also when I dipped them I just sorta lifted and submersed the roost a few times so I didn't have to touch them.

They look pretty good tho,id wait to flip like HS advised and maybe top them ASAP so they can start bashing out,I topped and pinched/bent twice since my lvpk got put in the rdwc set up.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
atleast they look healthy .... but they should start to take off soon .....
hydrosun... i think she stretches less the bigger ya veg her... i vegged my last girls 3.5 almost 4ft and finish around 5 maybe a bit taller was barely no stetch got 14oz off each ... i was happy but they could of def went 9 wks this run.. i thought this uc was supposed to be rdwc on crack my buckets seem much faster...

BigGreen

Veteran
Ah greenthumb dont be scared to touch the roots I touch em almost every time I look at em