What's new

188w CFL Day-by-Day First Grow

Should see a change if it's VPD immediately. If you don't see a change (remember, the other equation of VPD is relative humidity), then it's not that, and I would lean towards overfeeding. Drop it to every couple of weeks, just give water when they need it, see how it goes.

And no, you're not fucking it up, you're learning.

Thank you :3 Lo and behold I gave them plain water this morning and the humidity shot up... now that the temps are right too the leaves shot upwards. I definitely need to get just a simple spray bottle so I can get more humidity in there.

Unfortunately, the picture sucks hardcore because I was not out of bed until 30mins past lights-off... so I just took a quick single photo with flash and closed her back up LOL

Day 40

k3l7R.jpg

S

SeaMaiden

That leaf turgor looks much better, but as you can also see, they're still rather heavily overfed, and giving water only for a little while will straighten that out.

Another tip: The only time you need to worry about interrupting the dark portion of the photoperiod is when they are flowering. Otherwise, you don't have to be concerned about exposing them to light because the worst that will happen is they'll continue to grow vegetatively.

Day 53 (Day 14 of flowering)

8OslV.jpg

I stopped updating for a while because oh my god I thought I just about killed the plants for a while there LOL. They're doing much better, but the way I had the box set up before the lights were difficult as all hell to get in a good position. Then they'd burn the plants when I wasn't home.

Anyway, I've managed to get them back into shape and growing like... well... weeds :D The box isn't going through any more changes because I finally have it dialled in PERFECTLY. Finally. Haha.

I thiiiiink I've identified both plants as female but this is my first time so I'm probably retarded. I'll wait a little longer and take some pictures of the nodes for help :)

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
From the earlier pics I'd guess the plants were overfed. I had a similar looking Blue Widow plant for a while after I did the same. Switched to plain water for a while and it went back to normal.

How long do you plan to flower?

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Oh crap. Sorry to see the bad news but looks like you got to it quickly. From the looks of your leaves you are over nuting a little bit on the BW. I had the same twisted leaf look for a while when I over nuted mine. Once I switched to the KISS method it has been very simple.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
looking better with every update. sorry about your male....

i just cut three males and it was hard...oh well,

try giving them just plain ph water with mollasses. quit with the nutes...let em dry out alternate waterings and make sure you ark givng them a good drench. not a soak

I haven't actually given them any nutes in a while now; I'm just giving molasses water :)

Day 55

E4jbl.jpg

Day 56

1oLIi.jpg

Thanks for all your responses :)

So, I've been slacking with updates but I think I'm giving up on the Day-by-Day aspect of this grow; it worked in the beginning but with the size of the plant now, there's no appreciable difference day to day unless you're seeing them in real life. Pictures don't do the growth justice :)

Day 63 (Day 25 of flowering)

LbeaC.jpg

yoO8c.jpg

jSn6H.jpg

E6tIU.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow dude holy monster plant. wow O wow. suck about the boy. I grew a plant once to the size urs did and it was a he. I was so pissed cuz I didnt have a 2ed plant to hope female. i just had to start over.

anyway urs looks really nice. what light r u flowering her with.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
What a great recovery. Your plants look much better now. Look really healthy. Great job.

One little tip for measuring time I picked up was to start from day 1 again when flipping into flower. If you use an extended dark period between veg and flower all the better.

As soon as the lights come back on for flower that is day 1 flower and so on.

Good luck with your grow.

anyway urs looks really nice. what light r u flowering her with.

Thanks for all your compliments! Sucks to get a male, yeah, but even more when you don't have that second chance. I feel for ya! My next seeds will definitely be feminized.

I'm flowering under 118 watts of CFLs, a mix of 2700K and 3500K bulbs.

What a great recovery. Your plants look much better now. Look really healthy. Great job.

Good luck with your grow.

Thank you for the tips on time measurement, and all the lovely compliments :)

Day 73 (day 35 of flowering)

Wow, am I glad I only ended up with one plant! This thing is getting huge, I hope it stops the vertical stretch like, any day now because I'm almost to the top of the box!

eXd2N.jpg

nice lil girl u got going there mate. sorry about the bloody wanker that grew some stones. i grow in a cupboard that is lil small but last grow i tried lst for the girls to save space. nice looking buds on her. keep it up mate

Day 80 (42 of flower)

Woot! 6 weeks down! Getting so close. I started the flush today, just water from now till the end.

DTJig.jpg

(Yeah, I know about the temp in the previous pic. We've had some very unseasonably warm weather the past few days and I'm trying to get it back under control.)

6jL6M.jpg

IzPR6.jpg

And it may be kind of hard to tell, but the bud in this next picture is just.. weird compared to the others. It's got about 3x the amount of little leaves coming out of it, and it's top is almost ball-shaped.

6qVWm.jpg

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
Nice plant, man! Its always nice to see a new grower who is humble enough to take advice and watch the plant turn around. Those buds are looking great... but I think you have more than two weeks left!

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
Yea man, that plant is all sativa, 8 weeks is not going to be long enough but if you are willing to wait it will be really really good shit.

Re: 188w CFL Day-by-Day First Grow

Yea man, that plant is all sativa, 8 weeks is not going to be long enough but if you are willing to wait it will be really really good shit.

Hmmm, I am willing to wait if I have to, but this plant certainly isn't a 100% sativa. I know the dude who made the beans, one parent was Haze and the other was an unknown indica.

Not arguing with you, just wondering what makes you say more than two weeks?

Thanks for the input and the compliments!