What's new

188w CFL Day-by-Day First Grow

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
Hmmm, I am willing to wait if I have to, but this plant certainly isn't a 100% sativa. I know the dude who made the beans, one parent was Haze and the other was an unknown indica.

Not arguing with you, just wondering what makes you say more than two weeks?

Thanks for the input and the compliments!

Sensi buds are ripe when the white hairs have almost all turned dark and retracted into the bracts. If there are still white hairs on your buds, your plant can still pack on weight, potency and flavor/cannabinoid profile.

That plant is still kicking out lots of new hairs, which isnt surprising. Haze has a flower time centered around 14 weeks(though I'd bet your buddy's pheno is faster) and haze/indica hybrids usually take 10-12 weeks to flower, especially when grown from seed. Flowering plants from seed takes longer than flowering the same plant propagated via cutting.

I would guess that you have 4-6 weeks left until your plant is truly ripe although its going to get hurried up if it doesn't get any more nutrients. It will still get you high if you harvest early, but it will be better and yield more if you wait.

Re: 188w CFL Day-by-Day First Grow

Sensi buds are ripe when the white hairs have almost all turned dark and retracted into the bracts. If there are still white hairs on your buds, your plant can still pack on weight, potency and flavor/cannabinoid profile.

I would guess that you have 4-6 weeks left until your plant is truly ripe although its going to get hurried up if it doesn't get any more nutrients. It will still get you high if you harvest early, but it will be better and yield more if you wait.

Hmmm.. Well I hope stopping the nutrients will speed it up a bit, I have someone waiting on this for medicinal use, so I definitely don't have six weeks. I might be able to stretch it to 3-4 more but will still have my fingers crossed for 2 lol

S

SeaMaiden

You'll be sorry if you don't take it as long as it needs, ESPECIALLY if this is a strong Sativa girl, and in that regard I agree with FoCo.

If you take a Sativa too early, it's going to be much more likely to offer features of the high like extreme paranoia or depression. Don't do it. It is, in my opinion, the main reason for bad highs.

If you need to get some meds to someone, take a few of the lower buds and dry them, test them out before you chop the whole plant.

Well, as it turns out, I regretted not cutting the plant *sooner* than I did. I chopped at 9 weeks, but I hadn't noticed the last couple of days that the stem of the plant was starting to die. I only noticed because I was squeeze-testing the buds and saw they had lost weight since the last watering, so I chopped right then.

And then my friend found the damn seed packet that says harvest at 8 weeks!

Yield was about an ounce, just guessing because I didn't actually buy a scale. Was pretty smooth but didn't have much of a smell to it, high was a good mixture of head and body.

Next time I'm definitely buying seeds for a short indica grow though! The stretch on this plant was ridiculous. :)

Thank you to everyone who tagged along and for all the helpful advice!