What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

17kw 36 15gal smartpots

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn i like your style, i love the you have the 20' ceiling, man i wish i have one of those. props ill watch from back here,

cheers,

P

powerrobbie

Your lights fell twice? That sounds brutal. Any damage to the plants or equipment?

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
Oh shit, here we go again. great to hear youre not gonna let last weeks setback affect your future endeavours. and damn, what a project. ive been seriously considering moving and obviously expanding my op to yours or your nieghbor state.

im about to upgrade my 1800 watt grow to a 3600w flip flop in two 10x10 tents. i plan to veg with 3600w in one tent for 3 weeks then divide the 100ish plants between the two rooms. i also have been using them smartpots indoors. amazing results. and to expect only 1/2lb per 15gal is very conservitive. a scrogged 10 week veg in 20 gal smart under 1000w yeilded me 24 oz w a moderately easy to grow strain. plants just explode!!

what is your opinion on that kind of electrical draw from a single family home? do you think that the average utility company would ever become suspicious of that kind of power being used? im never late on my payments, and usually pay ahead by about 300$, or two months.

i know when i lived in burlington, vt, we had a 5 bedroom home, lived in for 3 years. our electricity bill was sometimes over 500$, no grow. my 1000w secret bedroom grow only added 40$ a month. so, i feel that in a 3 bedroom home, a 300-350$ monthly bill would not be entirely out of the ordinary.

i know the formula, 1000w per bedroom, but is that based on 12/12, or 24/0.

anyways, definately here for the long haul, aero. keep inspiring us little guys

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
My aunt has a 5000sqft home and her avg electric is $700 she runs no lights. pay it on time and you have nothing to worry about but if you wanna be extra safe i have been told 4k per house is the most you wana do unless u plan on moving every crop or 2

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
@ prop215

lol great idea with the screws...but the real question is will the drywall hold 60 lbs.....hehe

i always screw 2x4 into the beams in the ceiling, that way i can screw my lights anywhere i want on the 2x4....and a 2x4 is only like 3$ and makes things so much simpler....also got the yoyo's for the lights, much better than chains...

nice....do you anchor the 2x4 by any means? or do you just use a studfinder and just screw regular 4inch screws into it? im gonna have to do something similar soon...i had build a frame out of 2x4s but it got kinda in the way sometimes....id rather just suspend from the ceiling.

man i was feeling really down today been going through some shitty times and i log on here and see this shit. hells yeah thanks for the inspiration (again). first the outdoor and now this your a baller.

are you going to reuse your soil? next run i was thinking of adding castings to cut out veg nutes, make things simpler.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
man i was feeling really down today been going through some shitty times and i log on here and see this shit. hells yeah thanks for the inspiration (again). first the outdoor and now this your a baller.

are you going to reuse your soil? next run i was thinking of adding castings to cut out veg nutes, make things simpler.

you the man bro. thanks. yea i dont reuse my soil. but ive been thinking about it. Worm castings are the shiit i didnt use any nutes for the last 2 months while vegging those chemsour and ak although there was some other compost mixed in. seafood compost and blueberry compost

Ninja420

nice grow! How big of an area are you covering with the 8 light set-up? How many of those 15 gal. pots are in there?

Ninja

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
nice....do you anchor the 2x4 by any means? or do you just use a studfinder and just screw regular 4inch screws into it? im gonna have to do something similar soon...i had build a frame out of 2x4s but it got kinda in the way sometimes....id rather just suspend from the ceiling.

stud finder is great, if i had one, lol...i used the old screw in and pull on beam method, lol

basicly when screwing in the gyprock if the screw hits no beam then i can feel how easy it goes in, when it his wood it gets much harder to screw and you can feel it catching in the wood

but if you have a stud finder i would opt for that:tiphat:

stud finder is great, if i had one, lol...i used the old screw in and pull on beam method, lol

basicly when screwing in the gyprock if the screw hits no beam then i can feel how easy it goes in, when it his wood it gets much harder to screw and you can feel it catching in the wood

but if you have a stud finder i would opt for that:tiphat:

i find it hilarious that a guy with a 19kw grow doesnt have a stud finder. hahah peace bro