What's new

150w+soil microvert

U

unthing

Hi, time for an update

Well, as I suspected the yield of last project sucked, around 40 grams total! in the end harvested couple of the least promising plants and put the rest to finish under modded ufo led I had around. At least the quality was good.

Here's a pic of the latest project, two plants in 17 litre pots so a bit different approach. One selfed og and one SOL seeds ogxbs, which is showing in the pic. Didn't dare to drag them out because of stink. Looking way better than last round in the yield department, 5th week of 12/12. I also had a ogxbs male which got to pollinate one branch from each female.

Edit: seems like to me that in soil bigger is better when it comes to containers. The canopy isn't ideal still, but I'm thinking that training two plants to halfcircle each, big pots and yielding genes might do the trick eventually.

picture.php

Chomp

Hey unthing looking really good in there mate :good:

When I grew in soil I always tried to fill up the space I had to work in with soil. I would transplant at least 3 times before flowering to make sure that there was a good size rootball...IMO small containers with soil hurts yield a lot.

Keep them nice and green!
:rasta:Chomp

U

unthing

Thanks Chomp

Yeah you're right, small pots just don't cut it in soil. This time I transplanted these plants couple of times, started in small cup, then to 10 litres and eventually to these 17 litre ones. they're bit transparent so I can see how the roots develop, not worried about light exposure since it's small amount of indirect light from small bulb. I'm not gonna use those 6,5 l pots again beyond veg, unless of course I wanna try other medium like coco perhaps.

Chomp

Yeah I use 6.5 liter pots with coco and they work out pretty good...I hand watered my last grow and I watered every other day and they turned out really good, so with a 150 they are perfect IMO

U

unthing

couple more pics, week 6 of 12/12

couple more pics, week 6 of 12/12

Took a pic of the other plant, a selfed og of some sorts. Because of the angle the pic doesn't really do justice to it size and bulb looks mighty big.

picture.php

and a closeup of the og x blue satellite taken couple of days ago:

picture.php

U

unthing

Thanks bobblehead and StupidBoy

I'm pleased with this run, can just finish it in time before summer temps climb up too much. Next project might be trying out progeny of these plants and maybe some femmed bean on the side.

U

unthing

Thanks for the interest Chomp and heater76

They're smelly so no dragging them out for pics, but turned the og x bs 2.2 around and took some shots. Getting closer to harvest, day away from 9 weeks of 12/12, gonna let them go 10 and then I'd think we're done. For additional torture, stripped leaves recently.

Here's some shots of og x blue satellite 2.2, middle part, a bigger branch:

picture.php

Topcorn, further from the light, but gives me some idea about the range of usable light from 150w.

picture.php

Chomp

Looks pretty tasty unthing :good:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to unthing again.

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Great inspiration to go vert.
I have a 400 HPS/CMH I'm thinking about using for a vert run. Do you guys think a 4'x4' footprint is too big for that light?

sLai*kRoLa

Harvest should be round the corner, eh?
:good:

Looking forward for your results, as i'm also rocking bare 150 verticaly with plants in soil+organic nutes... Small pots and undervegging gonna be my drawbacks as well... On the other hand, we have manageable plants and different smokes!
See ya

U

unthing

Hi guys, thanks everyone for commenting

Latest batch got chopped at 73 days of 12/12. Got a nice batch of seeds from both plants. They're drying up now.

U

unthing

Hi sLai*kRoLa

The final result was 0,5g/w with 2 plants, which is decent, but pretty far removed from the maximum..but quality makes up for it. I quess I still need to learn some canopy management and soil tending, but eventually it'll be better :). Keeping summerbreak now, been looking for a new apartment too. I'll edit this post with some pics soon (enough).