What's new

150w+soil microvert

Chomp

Nice setup unthing I'm pulling up a chair. I'm thinking of doing basically the same exact thing as you :good:

:rasta: Chomp

U

unthing

Chomp, thanks. Hope you have some ideas from this thread, if nothing else then atleast what not to do :)

Discobiscuit, oh wal-mart, should have quessed that one :)

Well, nothing too exciting is happening, one plant isn't telling yet and three have too small preflowers, althought I'm pretty sure they're girls, at least with two of them. One is kinda bordeline, not really sure about it.

Chomp

Yeah man I did a couple vert grows with a 600W HPS before I shut down a few years ago...They were the best yields I ever had before. The whole plant is baseball bat colas if you perfect the stretch with them it's definitely a sweet way to grow man

I like the way you made the wires hold the plant instead of chicken wire....I may use that idea on each pot so I can mover them around. Sometimes they get grown right into and through the chicken wire..

You did a hell of a job with that 150 bro :good:

:rasta: Chomp

U

unthing

Thanks Chomp, would be lovely to do this with a 600 watter

Well, as far as I can say they all look like girls to me, of course there's possibility of intersexed plants later. All have similarly shaped preflowers, that look like calyxes to me, 2 of them are pushing white hair out of it barely. Hurts to try to see it with bare eye, but loupe helps. Since they bit big for my bulb, probably gonna do flip and take cuts pretty soon. Oh and tranplant too.

Edit: Plants after transplant, some trimming, training and so on adjusting in the next few days

Last edited:

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Thanks Chomp, would be lovely to do this with a 600 watter

Well, as far as I can say they all look like girls to me, of course there's possibility of intersexed plants later. All have similarly shaped preflowers, that look like calyxes to me, 2 of them are pushing white hair out of it barely. Hurts to try to see it with bare eye, but loupe helps. Since they bit big for my bulb, probably gonna do flip and take cuts pretty soon. Oh and tranplant too.

Edit: Plants after transplant, some trimming, training and so on adjusting in the next few days

All girls? You wish lol ;). We'll see though.

Thanks for keeping us updated :tiphat:.

U

unthing

Thanks for comment CARE giver

Yeah I know :D, but it has happened before. And even then there's the hermie risk.

U

unthing

Hi Marlo and Red :)

Yup, looks like it's all girls, wasn't really expecting that myself..

Did some trimming and training, removing back branches and small growth underneath and putting some wires. Flipped them yesterday. It's a bit crowded there, but I'll think they'll manage.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
You've got a nice fan down low. If your canopy gets thick enough, you might consider a canopy fan as well. Pre-exhaust air circulation is a big advantage.

U

unthing

Hi Disco

Found today one of those honeywell fans lying around, but it didn't fit even lol. It was quite noisy too. I quess a pc fan might do for canopy/under the bulb fan? Got couple of those lying around too.

Oh, and does somebody know the correct term for these trichomes that have no stalk?Couple of plants had them in veg, don't know if their presence is good/bad or indifferent to potency, but interesting feature anyway.

N

nukkumatti

Looking good Unthing! :)
Congrats on the girls bro!

One harvest and it's SPRING! :D JEEEEE!!!

U

unthing

Thanks Nukkumasa :)

Yeah, days getting longer and weather getting wetter, couple months of coma left :D

I was looking forward to do some pollen chuckin (and doing a incross, from that massive selection of 4 plants of polyhybrid parents.....), but another time then eh. If there's couple of nice plants in these seeds, maybe some kind of selfing is in order just for little fun experiment.

U

unthing

First week of 12/12 getting to end

Seedplants have started to flower pretty quickly, faster than the clones..one has somewhat coffee smell which is nice, we'll see how it develops. I also hope that all females stay females. Added 2x120mm fans beneath the bulb, so that's fixed.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Apologies Unthing, I did the chicken bone all female ritual before I knew you needed males for breeding.... Next time, I will keep my nose out of it =)

U

unthing

Thanks for confessing Aerohead :D

But it might not be you, I'm suspecting it might be sign from the gods of breeding to not to attempt closet hacks. Hopefully there will be mother or two in those, all 4 seem bit different from each other.

N

nukkumatti

:D
Jeah chicken bones always works! :D

Yo man.. You have to start somewhere eh ;) :D We must fight the Gods then :D !

Keeping my fingers crossed for them all to be too good to let them go! :D