What's new

150w+soil microvert

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Ohhh man, crossing your fingers is the only ritual that trumps the chicken bone, look out!!! Hope you have rooim for those moms.......

U

unthing

Thanks Aero,Disco and Nukku for commenting

Yeah, something nice will be there, last time i tried those seeds i had one very nice female. Too bad no cuts were taken then..Already have favourite but it's too early to judge them.

Chomp

Hey unthing how's the heat without a fan in the middle? How close do you keep the plants to the bulb?

I just ordered a 150W hps for my tiny bloom room. Definitely going to do the vert thing again. Our grow spaces are about identical so I'm really interested in watching this show!

Keep doing what you're doing mate! :good:

:rasta:Chomp

U

unthing

Thanks for commenting Chomp and microbox

Chomp, I just added 2x120mm fans below the bulb as recommended by Disco and others, keeps it cool. Last time I didn't have any and if they got too close, within couple of inches, burn occurred. Now I'm running the two fans at 9 volts, seems to do the job, testing it with my hand, no heat. The plants are about 4-5 inches away from the bulb, not purely by choice as I have 6 pots there this time, which somewhat limits their movability.

Edit: must mention that people run also 250ws in such space with great success, if you can deal with it heat, that's another option, but personally 150w is easier to deal with, might even run it in summer!

Chomp

Hey unthing...it's looking good in there so far man and thanks for the answers :good:

I just got my 150w hps yesterday. Hopefully I'll get it up and running today so I can test out the temps. I'm only running 3 plants this time and maybe only 2 depending on what my MiS shows for sex. There will be plenty of room this time to dial things in...

Keep em green!

U

unthing

Thanks for commenting #1cheesebuds and Discobiscuit

Couple of plants are lil curly again, my quess is excess nitrogen (clawing fans) , seems that the more narrowleaved ones are bit sensitive as clones and the most indicaish looking plant from seeds are doing fine. Not much I can do, they seem to form flowers despite of it and extreme measures such as flushing could cause much bigger problems. Oh well, might need to look some way of cutting the soil in the future.

Last edited:

:-(

The claw seems to go hand in hand with over-watering for me. I believe its also a sign of too much N.

Chomp

Thanks for commenting #1cheesebuds and Discobiscuit

Couple of plants are lil curly again, my quess is excess nitrogen (clawing fans) , seems that the more narrowleaved ones are bit sensitive as clones and the most indicaish looking plant from seeds are doing fine.

That makes sense unthing....generally the sats are light feeders compared to heavy indicas.

Thanks for the link to the stacked 150 grow it was a good read...and insiprational....You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to unthing again. :tiphat:

Chomp

looking very good unthing! It's cool to have a 150 grow almost identical to mine a few weeks ahead of me...I think we even have the same pots! :D

great job so far!

U

unthing

Thanks for comments :-( and Chomp

:-(, interesting to see how it ends up

Chomp, yeah it seems were potbuddies lol

Latest posts

Latest posts