What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

Gedöns

Hi,

I just found this thread and figured I'll show you my 150w Setup. It's going to change in the near future, as the law in Germany is very strict as anything above 7,5g of "raw" THC get's you on one year probation at lesast! Thinking of vertically PL-L and rotating like Garuda did.

picture.php

picture.php

Greets

Nirrity

didn't know we are limited to 5 pics per message?

initally i was running 2 pc fans (cougar cg-v12hp) but as plants started to really stink i switched to a more powerful combo in order to use carbon filter (diy). the intake and exhaust were covered with car noise insulation to prevent both light leaks and reduce noise. with pc fans the box was barely audible, with scrubber it doesn't matter anymore as i had to move it outside the house.

Last edited:

Erostheobscene

First post here happy to have found this community of minds

First post here happy to have found this community of minds

Just got a 150 hps gonna start in coco coir and with the knowledge here go for 3 bonsai mother plants and sog grow with clones,, for a closet grow in small tent in 1 gallon buckets, i got other grows lined up and hopefully get growers permit for commercial op, wish me luck!:greenstars:

Elephunk

The game has changed so much from when I first joined. Been away for many years entirely, but taking interest in it again. I love to tinker I think...

I miss seeing all of the ingenuity in cab designs from PC micro to 70w/150w/250w. So much fun.

I understand why it's a ghost town in here... But for me stealth is always going to be the utmost priority. Unless the laws completely decriminalize and we have full freedom to grow... I'm going to be smaller, under the radar, and full stealth mode. And shit... with prices in free fall, it's getting to be not even worth it for anything other than personal when you account for overhead costs to produce.

Smaller scale keeps the price down and you can get awesome yields and quality when you're dialed.

Never been impressed with LEDs when they were first coming out. I thought by now they would have improved, but every journal I see still convinces me that HPS/MH/CMH/t5/PL-L still beat it.

Glad these resources are still around from when I first got into it. There's still some of us around here Pipe!

Erostheobscene

I belive hps and supplemental led for bigger growth just might be the way of the future,,or natural sunlight with led for those heavy branches we all look for,

Thelonelygrower

Hello IC Posters, Casual Browsers, and Former OG Members. Welcome to the 150w HPS Club and Resource Guide. Back in the day, when this club existed on "OG", we had the honor of being one of the most viewed and actively posted threads on the site. I hope we can continue this tradition in our new home, and that we will be able to share our experiences and knowledge with each other and the larger community for years to come. Please feel free to jump in and post, even if you are not currently using a "150". All we ask is that the conversations try to stay relevant to our core purpose.

So welcome aboard, enjoy your visit, and most of all GROW SMART & GROW SAFE ! ! !

Pipedream

As you make your way thru the world of growing, you will learn many things. Every now and then you may come across a truely excellent resource, one that many growers have found usefull. The following is a list of such links. We have no association with any of them and offer them up based on their own merit. They are only posted if several folks have either delt with them or found their products to be well suited for our needs. If you have suggestions, please feel free to send them to me in a PM and include a brief one-line explaination.

An excellent source for very inexpensive HID lighting supplies. Many of us have purchased from them.
www.e-conolight.com

Wonderful carbon filter material available at Home DePot for not much $$$
http://www.webproducts.com/products/furnace_ac/absorber.jsp

A very cheap CO2 solution perfect for the small grower
http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-Nutrafin-Natural-Activator-Stabilizer/dp/B00026058Y

Energy efficient high-quality HID lighting parts at good prices
www.businesslights.com

A shameless plug for my own 150w Grow Thread
www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=336467#post336467

Great DIY project: Converting a Security Light to a Remote Ballasted Grow Lamp. By long-time member and friend "sugabear II"
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36344

The Ultimate Personal Professional Hash Press for Under 20 Bucks U.S.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=812460#post812460

............ :canabis: ............
New to this thread, I work with 1000w hps but would love learning about smaller scale hops because when I was small scale I grew with led

mayorofthdesert

i remember this thread well, learned much from it 10+ years ago. i just bought an old fridge that i want to gut for my next grow. i have a 600hps but will probably use my 2 old 150s. im in an apartment & the 150s have mag ballast so no rf interferance. in co so not too worried about the apartment bit.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
For around 7 years I slow vegged under a 150 in a 1100x650 (7sqf) tent. Generally the edges away from the lamp were better. Probably driven by cooler temps and the change in RH that brings. A couple of foot from a 150 is a workable area, using the right shape shade and reflective surfaces to stop any light going to waste. I only stopped to try making air cooled led fittings.

I like playing about with lighting. My only vertical experience was with this 150

That might be 12 years ago. The same folder held this accompanying document

I was guessing at 0.75g per watt, but I think that was probably a little low, with hindsite.

dddaver

Veteran
First let me just say Pipe, you da man. We've not seen eye to eye in some other threads, but your instructions here got the ball rolling for me and I'm eternally grateful.
I started growing about 12 years ago, after my "no happy smoke" wife died. I still rock the 150 in my mini ghetto cab. I now veg with LED but nothing beats that yellow HPS to flower, yet anyway.

I live in Bay County Florida where we got the brunt of the Cat 4 or 5 Hurricane Michael. My house did okay. Minor damages. Carport roof blew off and big trees down, but house okay. Still, I was without power for 20 days after Oct 10. I had three plants vegging when we were hit. I was about to flip. But what happened was I put those plants by some southern exposure widows and the 2 females flowered. I chopped the male and tried to put some of the male flowers in water to try and do a small pollen chuck but I musta chopped it a day or 2 early as the nanners never dropped any pollen. But those 2 females (C-99, Sweet Skunk) are going gangbusters. They were actually 13 wks in flower this past Friday. They are both sativa heavy and the cooler temps are slowing finishing. And I've taken that sativa dominant Sweet Skunk to 17 wks before.

I just wanted to say thanks man and to everyone who lent me their ideas.

:plant grow:

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Hello everyone, whoa it's been forever since I have been on here. I'm super glad people are still rocking the 150s. Such a great wattage.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
These are some Pineapple Chucks I bred . Pineapple Chunk (Barney's Farm) x (Chuck-D) x (C99x Deep Chunk) (both from Cannacopia) ��

Last edited:

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
:rasta:

For those of you that still find "Arranged Marriages" acceptable, here are the soon to be bride and groom... Mr. and Ms. Easy Ryder

picture.php

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Hey pipedream, they look super healthy. Why the bags on what I believe to be the males? Isn't that the point, to pollinate? Be careful too much humidity doesn't accumulate in there and wet your pollen!

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran

The male will Flower over a period of a couple of weeks. I'm not ready for the pollen yet, so the bag is containing it so it doesn't land on the other females in the area. I'm going to be very selective and only pollinate a few branches on a couple of plants. There will be plenty of new dry flowers opening when I need the pollen. As far as the moisture goes, it collects on the bag and drains right down thru the hydroton into the nutrient solution. Leaves get wet, but most flowers stay dry. I've used this method several times over the years with good results.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Nice, I might have to give that a try sometime. Just got some mystery kush seeds from a buddy and they went into a glass of water. I'm super excited as this is the first kush since I lost my Bubba. Here's another one of my Pineapple Chuck phenos. Super stinky with really chunky flowers, and at a reasonable 66 days:)

Latest posts

Latest posts