What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Here's the Pineapple Chunk mother, the Chuck-99 female pollen donor, the Pineapple Chuck-99 progeny, before and after her haircut today:)

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
:rasta:

I cut the male down a little over a week ago. Then I hung it upside down in an open plastic bag to dry. Once dry, I gave it a few really good shakes and a ton of pollen collected in the bag. Then I took the bag to the girls I wanted to pollinate and selectively slipped it over a few branches and gave it a shake. All of the young bud hairs got a nice light coating and should produce seeds. It may take a while, but my objective is to create a Feminized Autoflower version of Jamaican strain I've been growing for many years. Now its just a matter of time to see if the first step takes.

Pipedream

Veteran

Maybe rightfully so, but it seems that the boys get very little attention here. And yet, without them there would be no buds.

So in that light I present to you "Buddy"

picture.php

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
That sounds like an awesome breeding project, Pipe! I've never worked with autos before, but it would make sense with the four month spring, summer, fall we get around here, lol. How many generations does it generally take to impart the auto trait? How are you going to go about getting your female pollen? Usually I will let certain strains over ripen and they'll throw a few stamens. It's only really enough for like 10 or 20 seeds, though. Colloidal silver? Keep me posted, brother! You should document it!

Pipedream

Veteran

Easy Ryder - A few weeks into flower and a couple of more to go.

picture.php

Placed in the 150 cabinet as soon as it sprouted,and has been on 24X7 lighting since that time. Using Masterblend nutrients from start to finish. 250 PPM till 4 inches high, 500 till 7 inches then right up to 850 PPM. Mixed in 100% rain water with no other additive or PH balancing.

Pipedream

Veteran

This young lady is strictly for consumption. However, she has a sister growing in soil in the yard that has had several branches dusted with pollen. The resulting seeds will carry the autoflower trait into the next generation. Then comes the feminization in conjunction with introduction of my Jamaican Landrace genetics.

Well in theory at least, time will tell.

Pipedream

Veteran
For me, its hit or miss. I've only played with these crosses a few times and have had mixed results. Although, I have found that its easier to pass along the autoflower trait then I thought it would be. The down side is trying to limit the other ruderalis aspects that come along with it.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Like what? Negative aspects? You can probably breed them out in your f2,3&4s... but I'd get the Jamaican in the mix first before you start stabilizing, or you might have to do it all over again with the addition of the regular genetics. Just my two cents:)

Greasy Glands

White Buffalo Seeds--(Angola Red #13 F X Colombian Black M) X Original Haze M day 35 of flower. Cultivated with a 150 Watt HPS in a 3x3 tent

attachment.php

Attachments

• compo concime piante fiorit
    compo concime piante fiorit
    60.1 KB · Views: 67

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Damn, Greasy! I was going to say a 150 might be a little small for a 3x3, but with results like that- fuck an a! Nice plant buddy! Sounds like a killer cross, too, how does she smoke?

Greasy Glands

Thank You Very Much OrgAeroMan. Its my first run with her. It smells exactly like the breeder steve sweet skunk after burn smell in veg and currently in flower

Greasy Glands

That sounds like a winner, did you keep any clones? How many plants do you generally run at once in the 3x3?

I did keep a mother but an unforseen incident came up and i had to kill all my plants and take down my entire grow so i unfortunately do not have a copy anymore. Normally i would do 9 in square pots but this plant got a really long veg so i just let it flower by itself

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Oh, that sucks. Been there, done that, about a million times. I've moved them, cut them, had to move myself. I've run the gammet, but I know in my heart that I'm doing the right thing, so they can all get bent- girlfriends, landlords, probation and the law for that matter. It's pretty arrogant of man to make certain forms of life illegal. Why not start with the mosquito, or the tick?

Pipedream

Veteran
Those nice straight rows of buds look perfect for making some Thai Sticks. They were very popular in the 1970's but you really don't see them around much anymore.

Of course, the only thing that really matters is how it smokes or vapes and does it give the desired affect?

Keep us posted.

Greasy Glands

Hey Guys. That last plant i posted, I ended up culling but i have another White Buffalo Seeds (Angola Red #13 F X Colombian Black M) X Original Haze M Female at Day 51 Bloom. Its a terrible run but im hopeful it can still be an enjoyable smoke. It has a beautiful aroma of Savoury Sweet Incense that i encountered in another amazing pheno from this line that i absolutely loved. Thanks for lookin...Bom Shiva!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20200318_205318.jpg
    20200318_205318.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 58