150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

krompir

pictures of my harves t:woohoo: 1st time harvest:woohoo:

Attachments

• DSC04281.jpg
    DSC04281.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 10

darkvade420

well all dried and trimmed. little disappointed on numbers, hopefully smoke will make up for it. totals came in at 49grams. heres a couple pics
View Image
and in jars
View Image
Lookin pretty BOMB whats it smellin like?my weed smelled kinda boring for the first few days after harvest but then it livened up smelling like some musty grape koolaid lol?

krompir

And my new grow . 12 days from seed, 1 day under 150W HPS before that under 1x23W CFL.
Arjans Haze#3 and Kalashnikova

Attachments

• DSC04290.jpg
    DSC04290.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 10

darkvade420

i planted about 10 schawg seeds on a path i walk sometimes about 1.5 months ago and 1 sprouted lol i wonder who will find them
:laughing:i bet the first nug ever smoked back in time was complete shit probley loaded with mold and bud rot lol

darkvade420

picture.php

ok here is the one plant i managed not to yank out of the ground the other night when i got drunk and had probs.. now i want this clone to be momma.the thing is i toped it awhile back so i need some help. i dont want to top it again up top if it will cause this plant to become a runt of any kind i want her healthy and ready for action some day.the lower branchs at the bottom that have all the great growth hormones are very thin so im not sure if i take thin branch cuts for my clones if thats bad?and i dont know if i take the cuts from the top if it eill cause my plant to grow only thin stringy branches? i have the rockwool soaking as we speak and i want this to go smooth give me some advise soon as you can guys if you know what i need to know.thanks:thank you:so i guess the real question is a will thin cuts to make into clones have trouble makeing large stocks down the road b will topping a plant this size that has already been toped before ruin my mother plant?

cl0ud

Hey guys, love this thread and all the lovely grows in it.

Can anyone hook me up with a remote ballast guide for a 150 sun system? Thanks in advance.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
View Image
ok here is the one plant i managed not to yank out of the ground the other night when i got drunk and had probs.. now i want this clone to be momma.the thing is i toped it awhile back so i need some help. i dont want to top it again up top if it will cause this plant to become a runt of any kind i want her healthy and ready for action some day.the lower branchs at the bottom that have all the great growth hormones are very thin so im not sure if i take thin branch cuts for my clones if thats bad?and i dont know if i take the cuts from the top if it eill cause my plant to grow only thin stringy branches? i have the rockwool soaking as we speak and i want this to go smooth give me some advise soon as you can guys if you know what i need to know.thanks:thank you:so i guess the real question is a will thin cuts to make into clones have trouble makeing large stocks down the road b will topping a plant this size that has already been toped before ruin my mother plant?

Nice and healthy. Won't hurt to clone it again. Take cuts from each area and compare the results. It's not exactly scientific but you'll get an idea which cuts work best. I tend to have better luck with older growth.

I'd avoid hollow stalks/stems, tough to avoid root rot. If that's all you have, try to keep the medium moist, not wet.

The thin stems will make fatter stalks but might depend on veg time. Minimal veg might not do it.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hey guys, love this thread and all the lovely grows in it.

Can anyone hook me up with a remote ballast guide for a 150 sun system? Thanks in advance.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36344

All you're doing is lengthening the white and black socket wires. There's no need to cut, splice or rewire other components.

Would be a good idea to use a 3 conductor extension cord for the socket cable. You can attach the ground to metal on each end for safety.

cl0ud

Hey thanks disco, much appreciated man. I was considering investing in a new reflector - comes with socket assembly and lamp cord:
http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?ic=HLRECLW&eq=&Tp=

Would I be able to leave all components in the original sun system unit, cut the white and black wires connected to the socket and connect the spliced lamp cord (from the new reflector) to the black and white? Sorry for questioning the shit out of such a rudimentary procedure, but I am well challenged when it comes to DIY work in general.

darkvade420

Nice and healthy. Won't hurt to clone it again. Take cuts from each area and compare the results. It's not exactly scientific but you'll get an idea which cuts work best. I tend to have better luck with older growth.

I'd avoid hollow stalks/stems, tough to avoid root rot. If that's all you have, try to keep the medium moist, not wet.

The thin stems will make fatter stalks but might depend on veg time. Minimal veg might not do it.
Hey thanks for the speedy responce i took a few from the middle and one from the top figured the bottom was just way to skiny lets see how they turn out in the end more 64 gram nugs or not lol,
:thank you:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hey thanks disco, much appreciated man. I was considering investing in a new reflector - comes with socket assembly and lamp cord:
http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?ic=HLRECLW&eq=&Tp=

Would I be able to leave all components in the original sun system unit, cut the white and black wires connected to the socket and connect the spliced lamp cord (from the new reflector) to the black and white? Sorry for questioning the shit out of such a rudimentary procedure, but I am well challenged when it comes to DIY work in general.

Yes, you can use the original hood for the ballast housing.

I wouldn't use a lamp cord. I'd get a grounded extension cord from the dollar store. That way you can attach the ground from the ballast housing to something metal at or near the bulb. Grounded extension cables come in various lengths.

Be sure to use wire nuts for the wire connections. Wire nuts are threaded clockwise. Be sure to twist the wire ends clockwise, otherwise the nut will twist apart your new connection.

jpizle

Disco is right on here, grounding is always a good idea as the voltage coming thru the cord on the bulb side of the ballast has been stepped up considerably . Alot of ceramic sockets have a 3rd threaded hole w/threaded metal gromet even if they only have 2 leads(white/black) coming off. Sometimes the hole is not threaded in which case just go get a small bolt/nut to use as yer connection point for ground.

Also if you can get yer hands on a pair of crimping pliers and a few inline crimps(16-18ga size is what I used but that will depend on your wire gauge) it makes for a cleaner look. Not that wire nuts dont work as my 150 was hooked up w/em forever till I redid some stuff a while ago. I have also been guilty of not grounding my lamp cord before in the past and it worked. Better safe than sorry...

darkvade420

ITS BEEN ONE WHOLE DAY SINCE I PLANTED THE NEW CLONES IN ROCKWOOL YIPPY!THEY STILL HAVENT ROOTED ..... FUCK IT 6 MORE DAYS TO GO THEN I VEGG THEM SUCKAS HEHE
:moon:

e_24

I got tired of using the schultz an so I went out and puicked up lucas formula aka maxibloom along with some ph testing supplies. I found my runoff ph to be at 5.9 pretty happy seeing as I'm only using tap, and no ph adjusters . I'm going to be using this now instead of the schultz.

mmmcake

ITS BEEN ONE WHOLE DAY SINCE I PLANTED THE NEW CLONES IN ROCKWOOL YIPPY!THEY STILL HAVENT ROOTED ..... FUCK IT 6 MORE DAYS TO GO THEN I VEGG THEM SUCKAS HEHE
:moon:
best of luck to you sir :tiphat:

i have my next batch of beans started, OGer99 f2's. so far germ rate 8/9 and im pretty sure the other is about to spring up any day now. ill be starting them in small plastic cups for about a week or till nice and rooted. then moving to square pots(wish i knew the size) and vegging for about a week then flipping. attempting a single cola grow unless there are very limited fems then i'll pot up to 1 gal. hoping this time having the 150hps from start to finish will make a huge difference.

darkvade420

picture.php
best of luck to you sir :tiphat:

i have my next batch of beans started, OGer99 f2's. so far germ rate 8/9 and im pretty sure the other is about to spring up any day now. ill be starting them in small plastic cups for about a week or till nice and rooted. then moving to square pots(wish i knew the size) and vegging for about a week then flipping. attempting a single cola grow unless there are very limited fems then i'll pot up to 1 gal. hoping this time having the 150hps from start to finish will make a huge difference.

Hells ye man sounds good.Id say the 150w the whole time will denscen your yeild them plants you had didnt look to bad but them flourecents always grow me stringy week buds.Althou i have seen Others put out some nice nugs using flourescents
as well.
I do like your whole single cola idea willy grows all cola and so does disco and they always have nice looking nuggets personaly id like to grow the Pk Strain some more this is definatley a strain that has amazed me with its potential to grow monster colas with such low amount of lumien output Plus this taste is actualy fruity flavor and smell which i cant seem to find in the store.Besides that it packs an intensce mind and body high.Who knows maybe ill get borde with it?
picture.php

When i look at these pics it makes me wish i had a warehouse full of 600w lights to really grow this beast lol but that just wont happen:tumbleweed:
picture.php

I bet if i lolipoped it the Cola Would have Gotten Gigantic

Latest posts

Latest posts