What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

G

grumblez

Done with light and water

Done with light and water

indica-plant.jpg

View image in gallery

Sat and Indica Bagseed Phenos at 5 weeks flowering today.

Can anyone help me understand what to expect in yield? Cola on the indica is 5.5 inches and I believe if the lower two bud sites expand the way they should it will be 9 inches once they join.

The sat was topped in week two of flowering and the dual colas are about 3" tall at week 5.

All done with water and light and nutrients.

I am thinking that the sativa would be better off if I had not chopped the stem 2 weeks into flowering. I should have done that while still vegging. I also believe there may be another factor contributing to the light load on the branches...note the purple/red rhubarbing of the limb of the leaf - not sure if anything can be discerned from that. Also note the leaves are curling under a bit...not root binding here...when I transplanted I hacked the bottom off the 1.5 gal she was in and placed her on top of 2.5 gallons more soil.

PD, I know you like the sativas...any advice here for her? I hope to either salvage this pull or to reveg and change the routine. My pH is at 6, I use rested tap water with high ppm count and have used molasses and ferts only twice each in the 5 weeks of 12/12. I got some nute burn recently but only a minor case (using schultz orchid bloom fert x-35-x at 1/4 strength) and I corrected before going bonkers thank god. I cannot believe how much oomph nutes can pack in such a small dose.

I also had a 7.5ish pH for the first 3-4 weeks of the life which claimed many fan leaves off the seedling.

Suggestions appreciated! Are sativas usually finickier than indicas?

w00t.
PC030032.JPG

sito007

You should get "Wholesome Sweeteners" - Organic Molasses and add it with your water only. it will make the bud bigger and fatter plus will make the smoke smooth and sweet tasting.

sito007

Just installed the track tonight tomorrow ill bring the light down closer the the ladies, still need advise on my previous question , i have a 150w and a 50w hps

If i buy a nother 150w or 250w hps would it penetrate like a 400 w hps

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sito007, the quick answer is no, it won't perform like a single 400.
If it were me, I would hang a big light from the track and use the other lights in additional boxes. Veg box, stud box, or even an additional flower chamber box.
I have an extra box on top of my cab that I put a 150 in, and it allows me to have a much larger harvest, or a place to flower males, etc...

Again, if it were me, I would be hanging a 1000 on that track. No questions about penetration then. Or, try hanging a 400wattCMH on it...you will not regret it.

G

grumblez

Site007 - All that matters (i believe) is that the molasses you use is not sulphered (sp?). I use grandmothers...believe it has done a nice job...the sat just isn't taking off yet....hopefully patience is all I need with that one.

On the light piece, Hoosier is right. Wattage per lamp alone increases penetration of the canopy - or the vector of the light source. What you have will get you what you need for sure..the rest is all about ambitions. I believe our footprint is about the same and I think a 400 would be perfect for the space. How many plants do you intend to grow at once? That is the question I would ask. If it is more than 4, go with the 400/600/1000 option and have a blast. If you are looking for a couple of good plants every other month? What you have should produce fine.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
I replaced yesterday my ageing 250cfl bulb with a brand new 150w HPS and, my my my, what a difference ! Plants love it (so do I !) and buds are building up at fantastic pace, I'm impressed, wow !

Irie !

G

grumblez

Curing comparison!

Curing comparison!

I am excited! Just pulled my first plant ever into a dark closet to prepare her for the CHOP!

(reminds me of the Bulenath narrative on harvesting earlier in the thread - lol)

Figured since it is my first go at it using bagseed that I may as well fumble around the curing process in an manner concordant with the spirit of exploration. For your benefit I will post results.

I'm gonna prep/cure her 3 different ways.

1) Bulenath Lei method - (BLM) Trim buds down, string up and hang over my exhaust fan.

2) Pipedream's Brown paper Bag (PBPB )method - Once used for portage of captain crunch and the elements necessary for PB+J, my big brown bag will be employed in a cool dark room with a couple of holes punched in it. A week later we'll be tasting the treats!

3) Connoisseur Method (CM) - (quoting unknown source)

cut, leave all fan leaves on hang and dry until fan leaves are dry and brittle to the touch cut off all large fan leaves when dry, hang back up to dry til smaller leaves and tips of the buds are dry to the touch "manicure" take off all extra leaf cut down the stems trim it up nice then when its still a little moist on the inside of the bud but dry on the outside. Put the buds lightly into a brown paper bag and fold the top lightly. let it sit in there move and shake it around when examining it dont compact the buds let them lay loosely til it looks and feels dry and done. Then you can put it in the jar to start curing.

Once the goodness has been dried it will be tested prior to curing. It will be tested again when curing is complete (14 days).

Are there scales/surveys/judging sheets available for how to taste test some MJ? Advise appreciated!

It's 48 hours of darkness until the fun BEGINS! w00t!

:eggnog:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Are there scales/surveys/judging sheets available for how to taste test some MJ? Advise appreciated!

It's 48 hours of darkness until the fun BEGINS! w00t!

:eggnog:

Hey, grumblez! I don't know of any forms unless their in the harvesting thread. I like your idea. Hope to hear back from ya after the results are in.

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Blueberry harvest

Blueberry harvest

Gonna be some Happy Holidaze in the vineyard LOL

Got a nice sweet smell and a light up lifting buzz :rasta:
Stay safe n high my 150watt friends.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man, that is a huge 150 bb! Props my friend!
I am also toking on some bb from my summer grow in the garden. Seems like the cure has make it even better. Surprisingly strong.

G

grumblez

That organic stuff will work for sure.

My sat's two colas (topped) are about 4.25 inches now...not bad growth from the 3" they were a couple of days ago. I am excited to see how they will fare against the weight of the single cola of the indica I just put in the dark room. There are only one or two golden trichs on the sativa plant and I have hope that she will continue to shoot upwards a bit and the calyxs will swell more. It has a very citrus like scent when you bump a branch - very sweet! I smell a re-veg! I just gave her another dose of the molasses today and flushed the indica with a less concentrated solution (.5 TBSP per gallon vs 1 tbsp per gallon) before putting in the dark room.

:elf:

G

grumblez

here is the link to the re-veg article.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=26290>

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sito007, you will need to leave more bud on the bottom of the stalk than you may want to, but leave plenty to insure it has something to regenerate (regeneration happens at bud sites). Don't over-water and don't feed until you have 5 finger leaves again. (30-60 days depending on strain and conditions).
It will take another 30 days or so before it will be ready to place back into flower, but you can start taking cuts as soon as the leaves have multiple uniform fingers again.

G

grumblez

110 Mesh Aluminum Screens

110 Mesh Aluminum Screens

Hey all, figured I would post a resource for screens on Ebay.

Being that I am prepping for the first ever Grumblez harvest I knew one of the essential items to have is a screen to collect all the kif that will spill from trimming process and make some holiday hash with it.

I still need to get my press from Michaels/wherever.

The user on ebay is:

performancescreensupply

And they just sold me an 8.5" x 12" aluminum 110 mesh screen for - (wait for it!) -

13.95 plus shipping.

They do custom orders and had varying sizes. I just sent them a message and a guy responded with an email address and the items they offered as single screen orders.

Very good service as well!

SCORE!

:tree: