What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pipedream, first of all please know that the love is truly returned.

I have been very busy, but have taken the time to do a bit more reading. Including your piece. Thank you very much for the time it took to write and rewrite that. It is a great explanation of a very hard to grasp concept.

Now, the Fluke will indeed lie when reading a low power factor unti...unless it is the model that can meter RMS, yes?

And also, am I correct in assuming that my input side needs to always be sized for apparent load?

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
In very basic terms, RMS or Root Mean Squared is the measurement of the portion of a sine wave that contains the most signal or power strength. There is a complex equation to figure it out accurately, but for all intense purposes you can just take the peak to peak measurement and multiply it by 7/10ths or (.7) . Sadly, measuring the RMS or P-P voltage will not give you a power factor. The easiest way is to use a dual trace oscilloscope with one input tracking voltage and the other current and them measure the phase shift between them. It's been many years since I've checked out the newer Fluke offerings, so it may be that they have a meter capable of doing so in a simplier manner.

YES !!! Always size you line/input side for the higher load value.

I'm off to shoot my turkey, have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

JQP

I added a third 150W HPS to my little indoor closet tonight, a month into bud. For now, it's all I can fit. I am considering developing a single closet sized reflective hood (to replace my cheap mailbox home-built reflectors) and mount four 150W HPS bulbs to it. Hmmmmm.

Pics soon.

I'm thankful!

JQ

hellz ya. id like to see that!! from what im pictureing in my head looks bad ass and should be pretty easy to fab up( with the right tools).

moondog1ne

Hello to all, I'm glad to say that I'm satisfied with my 150w. My last grow went pretty well. Here's a few shots of my HinduxGDP from the last run. The yield could have been better; it was an ugly pheno. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect strain.

:joint:

H

h^2 O

moondog how far away is the light man???? In the flowering shot - like how big are those buckets? In the dried bud shot on bottom left - like how big would a lighter be? I haven't used my 150 in sooooo long. Thinking of making a tight little fridge job

moondog1ne

The light is about 6 inches away from the tops. I moved it up to take the picture. Those pots were pretty small. I barely started experimenting with larger buckets for my second run. The sticks of bud were definitely bigger than a bic lighter.

H

h^2 O

yeah 6" is what I had them...I didn't know if you had it like way up or somehting. I only had like 3' total last time so I LST'd the shit out of everything

moondog1ne

Yeah dude. I'm growing in a homebox xs. There's not much space, but its cool. I'm learning how to make use of the space that I have. I'm having fun trying different methods of growing. Can't go wrong with Lst. I'm gonna try SOG for my next one and see how that goes.:canabis:

hilbie

why dont any of you guys run your 150s vertical? i cant understand this, sure theres a few but most of u guys i guess dont want to maximize your yeilds?