What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
catman, the bulb will burn the hell outta whatever it touches but your plant would have to be dead dry before it would burst into flame.

labtec

Hopefully the drummer postion is still open. I've actually toured the west coast in one of my old bands. Amazing times.I need to buy another 150 watt to get into the band though, as I sold my old one a couple months ago.

G

grumblez

The Great Ampeg conspiracy

The Great Ampeg conspiracy

As a matter of chance I just jammed Friday and a guy had an 8 x 10" Ampeg cab he was jamming through on his Ernie Ball bass.

*very nice*

It looked like it came from the 70's. It was one hell of a bin.

:)

To keep the post on track I am thinking about cutting one of my lesser girls down tomorrow or the next day. I am hoping to get a little more swell out of her to join two bud sites at the cola. It would be a nice gift for someone this X-Mas.

From my 1st grow I learned a ton by throwing all sorts of variables at my girls. They all had the same nute and molasses regimen. I used Schultz Orchid food (x-36-X) and grandmother's molasses - 1/4 strength on the nutes, 1 tbsp per gallon on the carbs.

With proper veg (4 weeks) and proper transplanting/pot size I believe I got 1.25 - 1.5 ounces. The buds from the top are the ones to go after. Smaller buds under the canopy work (as in get you lift-off), but are not as flavorful nor potent as the major bud sites. I am guessing this is what you always get when you let the lowest buds mature with the plant under "low" wattage HPS - something called popcorn buds.

I promptly went into my garden and plucked the buds without a chance of being swollen and sweet from my sativa pheno after sampling the goods from the early blooming indica pheno.

Without proper veg growth, the same pheno performed ok, especially considering I treated it like a red headed step child. First off I transplanted into a 1.5 gallon pot and left it there without any further root volume. She is definitely bound up down there. It has taken longer to mature - I started her in flower 1 week behind the one that just came down last week - from seed. I think she needs another week to be "ready'. Conclusion: Yields are not the only things effected by poor conditions. A plant that faces environmental challenges will be less efficient. I think I will get 1/4 to 3/8 off of her when she goes.

Here is the math for the numbers folks out there.

9 weeks total with proper pot size - 1.25 Oz.
6.5 weeks with small pot/binding - .30 Oz.

Figgered that might be good to share with y'all. I am hoping to catch up on Scrogging so I can see how much you can get a single well bred plant to produce. I think SOG and other techniques are great, but seeing a plant thrive ala it's design makes me think that the best smoke will come from that equation given identical genetics.

I have a reveg on the burner now and a successful clone I made out of one of the indica females. I am looking forward to being able to keep the plant count at <5 and the free medicine coming.

I wish I had cloned the sativa pheno right now. The grapefruit/lemon scent coming from this plant when you nudge her is remarkable.

:xmastree:

hilbie

i think its funny some people try so hard to cram a few plants under a 150 within an inch of the bulb and dick around daily with rasing the light so as not to burn there plants, but yet having a few plants so close limits the numbers of plants u can light up, most people who max out a 2-3ft area of tops with there 150 or grow vertical circular always outyeild the fools who think u need to burn your 3 cramed plants under the 150 to have them yeild. reeeeeeeeeeeeelax.....

weres a good place to get a cheap 150hps bulb in the right spectrum.. lowes/ homedepot,,1000bulbs.com.. can someone recomend a good brand, like i said in my previous post, the color coming of my 150 stock bulb from htg, isnt orange, its orange when its half way fired up but ends up like a ''enhanced'' spectrum bulb with little orange to it once its full strength , the color is totally diff from what it starts at,and from my naked eye what seems like a lot of useless yellow n even green i imagine, for 15 bucks i probally should get the right spectrum. unless anybody has experiecne growing with a htg hps bulb. any help would be appriciated, im well aware of par and were it is on the chart, white light, green light, yellow light, all pretty much useless-

G

grumblez

Mamma always said if you don't have something nice to say...

lol.

Not sure what wisdom you are trying to impart hilbie...perhaps you could try being clearer on how we obsessive canopy burners can use our space more efficiently...the only thoughts that came through clearly in your post weren't helpful ones.

:santa1:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
i think its funny some people try so hard to cram a few plants under a 150 within an inch of the bulb and dick around daily with rasing the light so as not to burn there plants, but yet having a few plants so close limits the numbers of plants u can light up, most people who max out a 2-3ft area of tops with there 150 or grow vertical circular always outyeild the fools who think u need to burn your 3 cramed plants under the 150 to have them yeild. reeeeeeeeeeeeelax.....

weres a good place to get a cheap 150hps bulb in the right spectrum.. lowes/ homedepot,,1000bulbs.com.. can someone recomend a good brand, like i said in my previous post, the color coming of my 150 stock bulb from htg, isnt orange, its orange when its half way fired up but ends up like a ''enhanced'' spectrum bulb with little orange to it once its full strength , the color is totally diff from what it starts at,and from my naked eye what seems like a lot of useless yellow n even green i imagine, for 15 bucks i probally should get the right spectrum. unless anybody has experiecne growing with a htg hps bulb. any help would be appriciated, im well aware of par and were it is on the chart, white light, green light, yellow light, all pretty much useless-

Relax, hilbie. Any fool can find the proper bulb.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
what was the point of this post???

did u need more attention for nothing..

i luv the ''hehe'' very effeminate-

I was suggesting you try out a regular security bulb. They're closer to orange than anything else. Bulbs at e-conolight.com are about $5 or $6 each, plus shipping.

Why the tude, dude?

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran

I have over two dozen plants in my 2 sq ft space circled around my bulb. I almost always check them once a day and moving my bulb around isn't any trouble. If you'd look around here you'd see most people have fixed bulbs and lots of people don't even bother boosting up a short plant because they still grow great.

Your the one who needs to relax pal. Seems to me if you where growing dank like the rest of us you wouldn't be so hasty. :joint:

hilbie

sounds nice , 24 plants + around a 150. i think we have the same set up minuse the leaves curling up n burning, great work, keep it up.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cram my plants close to a 150 and don't burn a leaf. BUt, you need to know what you are doing to be able to have that sort of success, hilbie.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

orf

just got the 150 been lurking for awhile. I'm only on page 70 so this might have been adressed already,sorry if it was. Is anyone doing auto's on 150's and if so hows it workin for ya's

G

grumblez

Hoosier - nice shots! What are you growing? I am making the plunge into good genetics after this first run.

Orf - keep reading! There is everything you need either in or directly linked to this thread. What a great resource. On another board I have seen journals of autoflowers under the 150 and it worked out great. Once guy was doing some breeding to get interesting blends. You will probably enjoy that experience.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The plants in the shots are QX1, which is a femmed Querkle. Amazing smell and taste like orange windex and haze, very racy high.
Not the genetics to center a grow on, as they carry hermy pretty heavy.

G

grumblez

There are some guys in my parts doing the Querkle...sounds like a great smoke. Looks incredible...

Latest posts

Latest posts