What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Day 31

I have added FF Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching to complete my Fox Farm line up. They will get some Beastie in the next day or so when the soil dries out completely.

The top of these buds are 4-5 inches from the 150W.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

Cozy Amnesia

Nice buds you got there catman.

I checked out your thread and noticed your plants have stretched almost as much as mine. Here's a few pics of my tallest ones: (these are Chem Haze Diesel)

reflector017.jpg
reflector018.jpg

I think the main culprit is genetics. Here's a shot of my Mazar-I-Sharif freebies:

reflector020.jpg

Pics where taken yesterday at day 8 of flower.

maryjanegirl

Hey everyone! :)

My plants have been flowering for 17 days and Five of the plants are female out of the Six I planted.......Yessssss!!!!

They are lookin good~! I will post pictures in about a week, because my camera doesn't have good enough zoom to zoom in on the flowers!

I was wondering how long will it take until my plants are ready to harvest? It has been 2 1/2 weeks so far.

Thanks!!!!

My plants have been flowering for 17 days and Five of the plants are female out of the Six I planted.......Yessssss!!!!

They are lookin good~! I will post pictures in about a week, because my camera doesn't have good enough zoom to zoom in on the flowers!

I was wondering how long will it take until my plants are ready to harvest? It has been 2 1/2 weeks so far.

Thanks!!!!

Depends on the strain; Indicas 6 to 9 weeks; hybrids 8 to 12 and sativas 12 +. So still a few weeks - be patient!

Don't be naughty and pick of lower buds to smoke like me.:spank:

maryjanegirl

Depends on the strain; Indicas 6 to 9 weeks; hybrids 8 to 12 and sativas 12 +. So still a few weeks - be patient!

Don't be naughty and pick of lower buds to smoke like me.:spank:

They are just bag seeds so I don't know!!
You mean it could take 12 more weeks of flowering!! That is forever!

How will I know when they are ready to harvest?

Thanks so much!

Cozy, the fert burn on the lower leaves looks similar to what I have; as well as the brown spots, which is Ca def, right?. It seems to appear quite quickly with me - usually the day after some heavy feeding. I think the salts accumulate in small containers more quickly. Not to mention they dry faster which causes the ph to rise. I foliar sprayed with a Ca supplement and the problem has gone.

The 2 on the right are thickening out nicely.

Catman, is that 4 to 5 inches without a cooltube? looking nice man.

rebo

Mr. Tony, definitely.. that's about 2.25 square feet, which comes out to 66 watts per sq. foot.. I believe the rule of thumb is 50 watts per sq foot minimum so you will have plenty of light/lumens for that size.

- Rebo

rebo

They are just bag seeds so I don't know!!

How will I know when they are ready to harvest?

Thanks so much!

They'll be 'ready' when about 60% the Trichomes have turned amber.. Ready is such a relative term though.. what I mean is the plant can be smoked and enjoyed almost anytime, depending on what you want out of it.. but the longer you wait (60% amber trichomes) the stonier and couchlockier (did I just say couchlockier?) it will be.
Hope this helps,

- Rebo

They'll be 'ready' when about 60% the Trichomes have turned amber.. Ready is such a relative term though.. what I mean is the plant can be smoked and enjoyed almost anytime, depending on what you want out of it.. but the longer you wait (60% amber trichomes) the stonier and couchlockier (did I just say couchlockier?) it will be.
Hope this helps,

- Rebo

I second this.

If it's bagseed chances are its a hybrid. pure sativas are commercially inefficient. So 8 to 12 weeks. you're 2 1/2 weeks in so you do the maths:joint:

How do they look? Are you getting bud formation?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran

let's see Mr. Tony, 1' 4" x 1' 4" = 16" x 16" = 256" sq. = about 1.78' sq.

that's more than 84 wpsf.

47" of head room will help with heat if you have sufficient exhaust. Although the tent has a small footprint, training your plant(s) to fill the space can get you a few ounces of tight bud. A 150 won't penetrate much beyond 12 inches but the extra headroom will make life easier imo.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran

Het maryjanegirl, it doesn't get much better than that! Are you gonna make beans?

I need a better cam but don't want to bust the green right now. I lay a 10x mag glass over my ghetto lens and it helps a lot lol.

Your plant structure may be an indication of what to expect. Indicas (don't take as long as sativas) usually have broad fan fingers and short node spacing. Indicas are usually shorter and bushier than sats. Hybrids are trickier to judge due to pheno variation.

Growers harvest at different times, usually according to personal preferance. Radio Shack has a cheap scope to see the color of your trichomes. You can cut off a sugar leaf tip and examine it at 100x. All trichs won't ripen at the same time and it's a good idea to scope more than one location on the plant.

What kind of high do you like best?
Clear trichs are pre-harvest and won't ring your bell.
Cloudy trichs are early harvest and will give you an up high, good for cleaning the house lol.
Amber (or a varient of) trichs will give you the super stoned, couch lock, sleepy time high.
A mix of cloudy/amber will give you some of both.

It could, I've seen 16 week "street weed" hybrids on occasion. The average for me is 10 to 12 weeks. Some pure sats can take much longer but aren't usually grown commercially.

I hope this helps, I'm glad we have another lady grower here.:woohoo:

maryjanegirl

Het maryjanegirl, it doesn't get much better than that! Are you gonna make beans?

I need a better cam but don't want to bust the green right now. I lay a 10x mag glass over my ghetto lens and it helps a lot lol.

Your plant structure may be an indication of what to expect. Indicas (don't take as long as sativas) usually have broad fan fingers and short node spacing. Indicas are usually shorter and bushier than sats. Hybrids are trickier to judge due to pheno variation.

Growers harvest at different times, usually according to personal preferance. Radio Shack has a cheap scope to see the color of your trichomes. You can cut off a sugar leaf tip and examine it at 100x. All trichs won't ripen at the same time and it's a good idea to scope more than one location on the plant.

What kind of high do you like best?
Clear trichs are pre-harvest and won't ring your bell.
Cloudy trichs are early harvest and will give you an up high, good for cleaning the house lol.
Amber (or a varient of) trichs will give you the super stoned, couch lock, sleepy time high.
A mix of cloudy/amber will give you some of both.

It could, I've seen 16 week "street weed" hybrids on occasion. The average for me is 10 to 12 weeks. Some pure sats can take much longer but aren't usually grown commercially.

I hope this helps, I'm glad we have another lady grower here.:woohoo:

What do you mean by making beans? I never knew that the diffrent colors of the trichs give you different highs.

All of the seeds weren't from the same bag, so they are probably all different kinds of plants. There are definitely different variations in hight and leaf size/shapes. When I post pictures I will let everyone see for themselves!

Is 10-12 weeks the average life cycle of the marijuana plant or the average flowering cycle of the plant?

This helped me out a lot! I love growing! I also grow shroomies too :)

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
What do you mean by making beans?

Seeds, sorry.

Is 10-12 weeks the average life cycle of the marijuana plant or the average flowering cycle of the plant?
Flower cycle (from my experience.) Actual will depend on the variety available to you.

Oh and is a 150w HPS not enough light for 5 plants?? I have been using the 150w HPS for my entire grow.
It depends on the size of the plants, the size of your space and the style of your grow. If plants get too crowded they won't produce as much bud because air flow and light penetration are compromised. More plants can keep you from having to veg very long and give more variety.

Every time I grow a different strain I wrestle with trying to fill the grow space without overdoing it. You can always cull the smallest plant(s) if things get too crowded. If your plants get too tall for the space you may have to bend and tie in some way to avoid heat stress/light burn.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
let's see Mr. Tony, 1' 4" x 1' 4" = 16" x 16" = 256" sq. = about 1.78' sq.

that's more than 84 wpsf.

47" of head room will help with heat if you have sufficient exhaust. Although the tent has a small footprint, training your plant(s) to fill the space can get you a few ounces of tight bud. A 150 won't penetrate much beyond 12 inches but the extra headroom will make life easier imo.

I was planning on 12/12 from seed in 16 oz keg cups filled with coco.

I'm not sure what fan and filter to run though.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Mr Tony - Depending on how much head room you ultimately have left you probably would benefit from a couple weeks veg. Might be fine to go 12/12 to start things off and you'll always have 2 months to veg some. To make the most out of that space I would add some small cfls to the lower part of the cab.

I think you'll love the coco. Only thing that turns me off about it is I can go 4-5 days w/o with soil if need be. Coco probably 2 days tops.