What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
The DrBud method goes as dense as 16 plants per square feet. It's all going to depend on the strains you grow and their structure to find what will suite the area best.

You can build your own carbon filter for pretty cheap, but if you just want to buy a cheap one I'd recommend the CAN 2600. The S&P TD100 would be a great fan for your setup. Do a little searching and you'll find plenty of good reviews about the S&Ps. They are relatively quiet compared to inlines, move enough air through filters, and take up very small space.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
hmm those two are nicely priced

the only thing that concerns me is the can 2600 is only rated for
Max CFM: 42 cfm

rebo

Here's a pic of the ceiling fan speed controller connected to my duct fan.

Attachments

• P1010409 - Ceiling fan speed controller.jpg
    P1010409 - Ceiling fan speed controller.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 12

rebo

Mr. Tony, definitely.. that's about 2.25 square feet, which comes out to 66 watts per sq. foot.. I believe the rule of thumb is 50 watts per sq foot minimum so you will have plenty of light/lumens for that size.

- Rebo

Obviously, my math pretty much sucked right there..

rebo

Here's a couple of bud shots of my LR2 at about week 6 1/2... this is the one I pollinated on the lower bud sites.. :joint:

Attachments

• P1010415 - LR2 cola starting to thicken.jpg
    P1010415 - LR2 cola starting to thicken.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 18
  • P1010416 - Frosty nug.jpg
    P1010416 - Frosty nug.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 12

labtec

Whats up everyone. Haven't written in this thread in a while. Just wanted to show everyone what I have. 4 girls with some lst work under a 150 watt hps florolux and just recently a 42 watt warm white cfl, and a 26 watt 6500k cfl.
Here's some shots of the girls on day 25 into flower a few minutes before the lights turn on:

L

lostinethereal

What's up 150w club?

I've basically finished setting up my 150w HPS cab. Using a DIY remote ballasted econolight and a DIY cooltube and a fairly cheap 170cfm fan/filter combo. Just a few last things to do like light proof the doors and cut filters for the passive intakes, that's it. So I should have something to contribute here shortly.

Just have one plant vegging, a JLP SDxOG F2. It's (she hopefully) pretty much overgrown the veg box it was in so it's going for a test run on the freshly fired up 150w HPS. I've tested it out before awhile ago when I first got it, but now it's running great in it's final home. The glass tube is warm to the touch but not hot.

picture.php

JQP

New 150W HPS set-up

New 150W HPS set-up

Hey folks!

With considerable assistance from IC Mag and its wonderful forums, I have converted a $10 used parking lot light into a grow closet light. Now that I have done that, there are more to come, including 175WMH.

I just finished this about an hour ago and posted it at the end of my closet grow thread here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=113433

I'm running out of pic space, so figured I'd post the link. Hope that's cool.

Now I'll be playing around to see how close I can get this new fixture to my 4 seedlings.

Thanks for all the help folks!

JQ

jasonk

Hey everyone, got my Veg cab up and running. Still need to tidy up some of the wiring, but the beans were ready.
4 seeds popped via paper towel, they are bag seed from what I believe was a nice purple kush.
My goal for this veg chamber is to have hopefully 2 mothers producing clones to put in my 150W cabinet, which I really need to get started on building. :bashhead:
I've never had a mother or even succesfully cloned yet, so it should be a learning experience. I've read briefly a few different ways of maintaining moms, but still undecided what a good way to maintain something roughly 12" tall that doesn't need to produce many clones at all.

Here's the cab I'm working with now:

With 3 of the CFLs on, Temps are around 83°F, probably 12° above ambient. Sounds like I need to put another fan up. RH is about 48%. What are optimal conditions for seedlings?

Thanks!

L

lostinethereal

Hey rebo thanks for the comments, I picked up that filter (along with the 170cfm fan) from htgsupply . com. The fan/filter combo was around $160, I think the filter by itself was around $50.

rebo

hey jasonk.. yah that temp is getting up there.. what size intake do you have in that box and what size of fan are you using for the exhaust?
Good luck on your mothers.. I would like to do get a mother going soon as well. I'll be watching your progress and hope to learn something from you as you go.

rebo

Just some of my latest pr0n

Just some of my latest pr0n

Here's the latest pic of my LR2 at about 6 to 7 weeks.. She's doing great, as are my 2 AKxBBxLR2 crosses :joint:. The pollination of the lower flower sites went great and she's showing beans on those sites while the main cola has no beans at all! :woohoo:

Attachments

• P1010433 - LR2 with Beans!.jpg
    P1010433 - LR2 with Beans!.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010443 - LR2 6-7 weeks.jpg
    P1010443 - LR2 6-7 weeks.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 10
  • P1010442 - LR2 Cola.jpg
    P1010442 - LR2 Cola.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 11
  • P1010447 - LR2 Frosty.jpg
    P1010447 - LR2 Frosty.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 15

JQP

Man o man Rebo, are those ever lookin great! Good for you. Maybe someday I'll be there.

I like how you got those beans down lower. Did you separate the males and do a little shake thing, then use q-tips er what? Can't wait to see how that L2 comes out for ya.

I'm picking up a couple more 150's today, mostly for parts, but that will be 4. Hard to resist at 10 bucks a pop!

Next on my list is the separating floor in my closet for veg under and flower above (optimistic eh?). I been giving plenty of thought as to how to do that in a light sealed manner that would also be more than capable of holding big weight (4-6 3 to 5 gallon containers).

I think I'm gonna hook a timer up and do 20/4 for veg, see if that helps my seedlings.

I hope to make it over to Niagara Falls Ontario with some cash before they start requiring passports (June maybe?) and get some "store-bought" seeds. I'd love to give these autoflowering buds a try, but also want to grow a good sativa. Hopefully I'll get my little grow closet sorted out and my technique down real well before I start anything else.

Actually I have some more bag seed to pull some seeds from a may start them soon. Instead of a handful of seeds, this bag has LOTS of seeds from some good outdoor grown stuff a buddy of mine did last year. We'll see what happens.

Good luck with those plants. They are beautiful!

JQ

rebo

Man o man Rebo, are those ever lookin great! Good for you. Maybe someday I'll be there.

I like how you got those beans down lower. Did you separate the males and do a little shake thing, then use q-tips er what? Can't wait to see how that L2 comes out for ya.

I'm picking up a couple more 150's today, mostly for parts, but that will be 4. Hard to resist at 10 bucks a pop!

Next on my list is the separating floor in my closet for veg under and flower above (optimistic eh?). I been giving plenty of thought as to how to do that in a light sealed manner that would also be more than capable of holding big weight (4-6 3 to 5 gallon containers).

I think I'm gonna hook a timer up and do 20/4 for veg, see if that helps my seedlings.

I hope to make it over to Niagara Falls Ontario with some cash before they start requiring passports (June maybe?) and get some "store-bought" seeds. I'd love to give these autoflowering buds a try, but also want to grow a good sativa. Hopefully I'll get my little grow closet sorted out and my technique down real well before I start anything else.

Actually I have some more bag seed to pull some seeds from a may start them soon. Instead of a handful of seeds, this bag has LOTS of seeds from some good outdoor grown stuff a buddy of mine did last year. We'll see what happens.

Good luck with those plants. They are beautiful!

JQ

Thanks JQ!
Yah I pulled the males just as the pollen sacks started to turn color, and laid them out on a piece of glass. After a few days there was all this yellowish pollen on the glass and I shook more off the drying plants. I did use a Q-tip to brush the pollen on the lower flower sites. Thankfully it all worked out ok, because I don't see any signs of seeds on the main cola.. I guess I won't know for sure until I dry, cure, and bust that baby open but so far, it looks good to my (blurry) eyes lol.

Hey man.. those used 150's you are talking about.. are they available online or did you find them in a brick and mortar? I'd like to get my hands on some good Sativa and give that a shot as well once my cab has been light-proofed that is.. Your closet has really sparked my imagination, and I like the idea you have of making a seperate veg and flower area in there. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.. very cool stuff bro:joint:

JQP

Hey man.. those used 150's you are talking about.. are they available online or did you find them in a brick and mortar? I'd like to get my hands on some good Sativa and give that a shot as well once my cab has been light-proofed that is.. Your closet has really sparked my imagination, and I like the idea you have of making a seperate veg and flower area in there. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.. very cool stuff bro:joint:

Top of the evenin to ya Rebo! I got those lights off craigslist, under "farm & garden." This dude had a contract to "re-light" a parking garage and got 25 175W MH and 60 150W HPS out of it for sale he's selling for 10 bucks a pop! I don't have a lot of cash, but bought 2 more today, really just for parts, at least for now. I got kind of sober when I found out that the capacitor in one of these babies runs 50 bucks, so figured I'd get me some spares. Plants are doin real hot. I'm gonna hold on to em, see what happens, but will be starting new seeds here soon. I'll figure this stuff out yet! JQ

jasonk

hey jasonk.. yah that temp is getting up there.. what size intake do you have in that box and what size of fan are you using for the exhaust?

Thanks rebo, The intake I have is about 14sqin, my exhaust on the very outside of the box is about 18, both in the form of a 1" strip using a baffle system to filter the light. That sounds like it should be enough for me for a 5.5 sq ft area, but correct me if I'm wrong. I think one problem I have is recycling air inside my closet, I'm going to try and seperate the exhaust from my intake a bit more and see how that works. The cab is a little loud, mostly from the larger cpu fan. I think I need to find some quieter ones somewhere.

The seedlings are looking good so far though :D

Latest posts

Latest posts