What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

G

those look awesome!looks like you can keep the girls a little closer to the bulb than i can.i'd like to see a close up of your cool tube. where did you find the glass?

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Heating options for small cabs.

Heating options for small cabs.

I posted this question a few days ago in another section of the forum, but haven't gotten any responces. I know a couple of electricians here hang here, so I'm hopin someone will help me out.
Cab: 15" X 24" X 32". Currently have one clone in CFL veg, (will flower w/150watt HPS) w/ambien temps (lows in the 40's lights off). I need a safe way to provide heat to my cab. Ventilation is not a problem, nor is power. Is a heating pad an option? I'm no electrian, but I believe in the sound advice that I've seen given and received on this site. Way WAY back when I was in highschool bilology, I remeber that a kid used an incandesent bulb to provide heat for an enclosure that the teach let him build for some rats he raised. The bulb was wired through a standard household thermostat, and encased in a 6" tera-cota pot. Is this a safe opion?
Anyone have any links to a simular thread?
thanks
Vin

bluebuds

nice grows guys!!! makes me wonder if i should hang mine verticly too?! propaline-hows the smoke on the kalichakra bud? -bluebuds

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
looking good pro...

first 5 chem kush IX1s got killed, 4 of these 5 luckily made it out of the soil before getting killed.

my cherry bomb, currently vegging under my 150 with the reveggers. fawkin stinks something fierce for only being in vegg.

stem well over 1/4 thick, i think its good for 150w

cherry bomb clone thats gonna get rooted then ran to see if the bomb is male or female. sorry the pics are dark, forgot bout the flash. as far as the yellow leaves it wants aloooot of N, ive boosted it twice and the lowest leaves still do it, but im not going anymore than 1 1/4 tsp G and M, 1 tsp B per gal with GH nutes.

G

Here is my first experiment with a mostly sativa strain. these are 4 topped skunk #1 f2's in a rubbermaid tub.they are at 6 of a supposed 9 weeks flower. they are looking like they're gonna be some lip curlin shit lol! even the fan leaves are sugar coated. i was really impressed with the way these ones responded to topping. i put 7 , 4 week old seedlings in the tub and had 3 males, leaving me with the 4 females. the area around the bulb still ended up
filled.

vintner

Veteran
Hey, when you guys hang your bulb verticle like that, do you spin/rotate your plants? Do the back side of the buds come out a bit fluffier? Nice grows all! Way to represent the 150 Club.

BRNEYDBVR

vintner said:
Hey, when you guys hang your bulb verticle like that, do you spin/rotate your plants? Do the back side of the buds come out a bit fluffier? Nice grows all! Way to represent the 150 Club.

I'm very curious about this as well.....

I've been considering changing my bulb to the vertical position for my next grow after seeing the results that bird and muskeg are experiencing!

Nice job...everyone!! :rasta:

G

rotating plants is a good idea when possible, however i always end up with things trained in a manner that this just isn't possible.with a 150 every bit of good bud you end up with is going to be within 12 inches of the bulb.i don't believe that this is a major concern when all the tops form about a 20 inch ring around the bulb. the biggest thing is to use a cool tube or a fan blowing right on the lamp.my temps in the bud zone are about 83f and they still get nice and solid.

hardhat22

vintner said:

I've wondered about that as well,but no,I don't see a bit of difference in the shaded side.Seems to be the same coverage of trichs as well.I do rotate but with the sats that becomes impossible as soon as the first tie down takes place.Nice to see ya vin.
Peace

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
with my bottle rockets, swt#3, and LOC i rotated them alot, the stankonias due to their stretch and fitting together a certain way i couldnt rotat them as much as the others. but its noticeable if you dont youll see an assload of pistils on the side facing the bulb and not as much on the backside of the bud. just make sure where you rotate them to doesnt put them ina position to bend over and touch the bulb :spank: happened twice to me last grow

vintner

Veteran
I'm in CFL veg right now, and lights on or off it's cold in there at night. Thanks for askin.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
oh my fault vintner, didnt know you meant with the cfl. you could always try a heat rock from a pet store that you use for iguanas and such, might be cheaper than a heating mat.

That thing looks just like my tube heater, if it's the same thing it's just a gentle heating element inside a metal tube. They use very little electricity and provide a very gentle heat, but when placed inside a small growcab with a thermostat they do an excelent job - just make sure you have a fan blowing the warm air around to prevent the leaves next to it drying out.

vintner

Veteran
Thanks Pipedream & abirdinthehand, I'll take a look at those. Happy 420 to all my 150watt buds.

TORO!

Hey guys. I'm currentyly growing in a PC under about 150 watts of CFLs. It is almost time to go into flower and i was thinking about just going to soft white bulbs but i'm wondering if i should just go with a 150w hps instead? is it worth it with the heat and will it be better than the same wattage in CFLs?

I want to do the slimest configuration taking up the least vertical space possible in my full tower while also keeping it actively cooled and was wondering what the best light would be.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
air! air! air! in the air! lol :laughing: its cool though vintner, as ice cube says, a bird in the hand is worth more than a Bush :wink: enjoy 4/20

Latest posts

Latest posts