What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
well, with no glass, no cool tube, i could get 3 1/2"-4" away no issues, but if they can rest on the glass for a prolinged amount of time without being moved expect some burnt parts even if its cooled. those that are air cooled are in the 2" range (hanging vertical is what im talkin about) so thats 1 1/2 closer then me. test out diff positions til you find one that maximizes in your space. seedlings wise im not worrying about having them too close to the light( all 7 in sig are under it now) but when i put one closer on top of a cup so it could catch up you could see the heat effect on it being closer, but, i have a shit ass round bell type reflector that creates a central hotspot that im using for veg, flower i get rid of it.

Thanks

Thanks

My plants have already showed great improvment's in just a couple of days.Two plant's,my fav's,the biggest plant's turned out to be hermies.They are now in the veging cab to let it finish there life under cfl's ,i need bud,i pay 100usd a half for seeded junk!.At least it will be for a few pennies.The satvia dom bagseed plant Is growing so fast i can not keep up,the other is little smells like a banana!!Kinda kool.Very small i veged for about 7 weeks to she may be a foot a foot in half when she gets harvested.I will post pics tom.

J-uana

:joint:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
okay guys, little bumpdate, just flipped my 150 from 20/4 to 18/6. should i give em 2 weeks at 18 before flipping or would a third be needed before 12/12?

Shady Smoka

Thanks guys. I have a 150w HPS with a total of 104w CFL's for side lighting. Thats only one plant....I know, too big for my lighting. I plan on doing multiple harvests (2, maybe 3). :joint:
As for the cabinet, its actually under my staircase. A closet was built beneath the stairs, so I used that. That pic with the cigg pack is from the open door. My space measures about 30" wide x 24" deep x 60" tall.

Be safe

Last edited:

Propoline

Looking good Shady.....how long were you vegging that bush? She probably grow in soil?

Here are couple shots of my Speed Queens at day 21 of 12/12. There are four in each pot so that makes 16 plants around my 150hps. They started to produce some nice little nugs all the way down.

Propoline

:wave:

Well I've had my 150w running over some Passion #1 seedlings for a few days now and things are looking OK apart from the temp between the pots, this is where I have the probe (to avoid reading the radient heat temp from the lamp)for the thermostat which controlls the extraction and the display reads 30C - 96F. The temp at the actual leaf level is quite a few degrees below this, am I going to see problems due to this? I'm new to soil growing and unsure about the possible problems of high root zone temps, I'm sure it can't be good though - any tips for me here?

wdr

Veteran
Propoline said:
Looking good Shady.....how long were you vegging that bush? She probably grow in soil?

Here are couple shots of my Speed Queens at day 21 of 12/12. There are four in each pot so that makes 16 plants around my 150hps. They started to produce some nice little nugs all the way down.

Propoline

:wave:
very nice plants, what strain it is ? speedy quen? :)? I never heard about it ,where i can buy this strain?

Daymo

140W HPS with 6 unknown aged seed

140W HPS with 6 unknown aged seed

Hi everyone

I've been wanting to contribute to this forum for some time now. There are some great ideas on this forum with some great looking plants.

I started reading this forum as I was building my cupboard but unfortunately it took ages for my account to get activated. Saying that you've missed my veg stage and I've missed some valuable feedback. I'm not a true 150w'r but unfortunately we don't have them here. Instead I have 2 x 70w so hope this allowed?

I've had some problems along the way, mostly with heat but that was expected. We're going into Winter here so temps under control and some needed stem elongation. Nutrition has also been a problem lately as a consequence of me keeping the plants in the same pot for ages amd fertilising with some general home plant fertiliser. I decided to keep them in square pots to minimise root cirling long enough long enough to tell sex.

Anyway, I've attached some pics of my cupboard and the seeds from DAY 3 through to DAY 38.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:

guanito

Hi Guys,
looking good.
Daymo - you should cover/encase those ballasts in a metal housing.
Cabinet looks great.
Just fired up my box after a couple of years dormancy.
3 year old super skunk and indoor mix from Female seeds. 50% pop rate so far.
looking forward to july harvest.
cheers!
:rasta:

Last edited:

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Jeff: It depends on your ambient temps, and what kind of ventilation you're using. Can you give us any info there?

DownDrome

Daymo i love your dresser cab, just the quality of stealth that i am after. Tight.
Does it make much noise though?

have a nice one bro.

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Howdy All. Things are really looking super with everyone's set-ups. And, I'm really liking all of the new names I'm seeing.

Shady, Pro, & Day, great looking gardens. Ladies really look nice and healthy.

Daymo, what kind of fan are you using? It almost looks like an in-line marine bilge blower. Is it running on house current or 12vdc with the assistance of a wallwart? Make much noise, move much air?

I may not be posting as much as in the past, but know that I do stop by and read almost every day.

Regards All, PD

Propoline

wdr said:
very nice plants, what strain it is ? speedy quen? :)? I never heard about it ,where i can buy this strain?
Hey wdr welcome aboard....they are Speed Queens from Mandala Mike. He has some nice genetics...I couldn't decide which strain to pick so I bought his all collection thanks to his low prices. Check out breeders section, you'll find some good info there.

Daymo great looking dresser, I just love seeing this kind of cabs. What are the middle ones in the 11 pic?

Propoline

greenhead

Veteran
wdr said:

SPEED QUEEN is a Mandala strain. They have them at different places, there's a Mandala Vendor forum here, just scroll down and you'll find it, among the forums list.

:joint: :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts