What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150w HPS Cabinet by Quazi

Quazi

Christmas Harvest Part I

Christmas Harvest Part I

roughnice420: thanks! Happy holidays to you!

jasonk: Happy holidays! So far I've been able to fit three. However, this was with 2 trashcan pots and one big round pot. So, I'm guessing that I can fit 4 trashcan pots in there. Sprout made it 16 weeks. She spent 50 days in flower. Read on to see how she harvested!

khaleel: thanks man! Quintessa is just the name of the plant. It's actually OG Kush / Trainwreck. Thanks for stopping by!

Well everyone, a couple days late but that's okay. I'll make up for it by posting a nice, massive 2-part update for everyone! I know, I probably don't need to post so many pictures but it's the holidays and I had such a good time harvesting the day after Christmas. In addition, there's great things going on in the cabinet so I hope you don't mind me sharing! :wink:

Now then, let's get this started!
:bongsmi:

First off, we have Sprout on her day of harvest!
:jump:

She was getting a nice mix of amber in with the cloudies:

That picture doesn't do justice to just how many amber trichs there were in some spots. Definitely a bit farther along than Dorothy was.

Anyway. She turned out absolutely gorgeous:

Getting better with the portrait shots:

So, ladies and gentleman, Sprout went from this:

...to this:

A wise man once said:
All you need is love.

It seems that some people liked the pics of the trimming process so I decided to take some detailed shots of it for the last stalk.

Don't mind the yellow rubber gloves; I couldn't find my regular ones.
:muahaha:

Here's the last stalk ready to go:

A little snip at the base:

As you can see, there were still some fan leaves on her (most of the rest had already fallen):

Those were the first to go:

Leaving me with a nice cola:

A snip-snip here and a snip-snip there:

Here a snip, there a snip, everywhere a snip-snip:

Smells/looks delicious enough to dip in chocolate and eat. The scissor-hash report is:
:yes: :yes:

Very tasty and a bit overwhelming for a couple minutes about 3 minutes in.

Part II of Christmas Harvest continues below...

Last edited:

Quazi

Christmas Harvest Part II

Christmas Harvest Part II

Overall I ended up with around 75g which is stellar considering I wasn't expecting anything from her:

Hung up and drying:

I had someone ask me how I secure the string up. I just tie the string off to a safety pin, wrap it around what I'm hanging from and spear it through the stem:

So, there you have it. The story of everyone's favorite clone, Sprout has come to a wonderful end:

Thanks girl.

Now, then: on with the rest of the show. We'll start off with Regina the Bubba Kush clone:

She has made an excellent recovery since being transplanted. Here's a side-by-side from two weeks ago so you can see the difference:

As expected from the strain: she's not one to grow quickly and I don't expect any kind of epic yield. But the flavor and high are wonderful from it. Anyway, she was doing so well that she started getting up a bit close to the CFLs. She was starting to show very early signs of heat stress:

Note the slight curling of the edge of the leaf. So, I got some rubber bands together:

Wrapped 'em around the pot and pulled it through itself and tied it off:

A few wires here, a few wires there, and all 5 of her stalks were trained down:

She'll have another 4 weeks in veg or so to give her time to develop some more bud-sites before I snag a clone and throw her in flower.

Here's a glimpse at the jungle the Afghooey has created:

Both Sequoia and Sierra will be transplanted tomorrow following a trip to the store for some soil. Going to be trying out FF soil for the first time with a mix of Light Warrior and Ocean Forest. Toss in my regular flowering amendments and it should be quite a wonderful soil mix.

One of them will be transferred into a bigger pot and head into flower shortly after. The other will be trimmed up and serve as a mother. Afghooey is just such a wonderful strain. I have no doubts that I will want a mom to call my own.

Anyway, the veg side is getting mighty full again. That didn't take very long, did it? I'll get the new thread started in the grow diaries section of this site for the new strain/seedlings that are taking up space in veg. You'll have to see that part of the show in there. I'll update this post as soon as that thread gets started so you can come check it out.

On to the flowering side:

We'll move on the the remaining Purple Kush clones. They were trimmed up and I removed the lower stuff. Looking fantastic and starting to put off plenty of odor:

Last, but not least, we have Quintessa the OG Kush x Trainwreck. She was a pain in the butt to get going and from the looks of the leaf edges, it looks like she's complaining a bit about her feeding again. She was looking fine for so long! Oh well, it's nothing terrible, just a bit of uniform yellowing around the very edges of the leaves. I hope the smoke makes up for the difficulty and lack of vigor with the strain. No plans to run it again but she's looking pretty anyway:

One last look before we go (especially big since I forgot it last time, do'h):

Well folks, that brings us to the end of the show.

I hope everyone enjoyed and I hope that everyone had a merry, safe and cannabis-filled holiday!

-Q :rasta:

K

khaleel

Quazi said:
roughnice420:

khaleel: thanks man! Quintessa is just the name of the plant. It's actually OG Kush / Trainwreck. Thanks for stopping by!
[/i]

lol oh ok, i saw it was og kush x trainwreck - two of my fav's btw my god, the smell must be something out of this world... both of those strains have such a unique scent.. :canabis:

sprout turned out to be one hell of a sprout indeed! great stuff quazi :yes:

AP KUSH

Hey Quazi, Ive been following your thread for a while now, and i have to say im very impressed. Its inspiring to see people grow in small environments with such pride and precision. I also built an econolight 150w vaportight lamp, using you exact specifications. Im dying to get started... i havent grown a crop in over 2 years due to my turbulent living situation.
Keep it up Quazi, ill be checking in.
- AP KUSH

Quazi

A New Year

A New Year

Hello everyone!

Been busy lately working on a project that I'm sure you all will find out about very soon. Sorry for the tardy updates.

khaleel: thanks for stopping by! Yea, the OGKxTW is quite stinky. Got a real nice skunkyness and something else. Just wonderful.

ambr0sia: woot! :wink:

AP KUSH: glad to inspire. Stick around. Things are just getting started!

Connoisseur300: thanks for stopping by! Funny you should mention Purple Kush...

As it turns out, after some research I've come to find out that it might actually be PK (Pure Kush) and not Purple Kush at all. Still trying to get the original line of information on it. I'll let everyone know soon.

On with the show for the New Year!

You'll notice that something is missing from the veg side. Since the new year started, I decided to flip one of my Afghooeys. It was transported into some lovely soil that's been stewing for a few days. More pics of Sequoia later though.

I selected Sierra to be my Afghooey mother due to the thickness and strength she's exhibited. Both her and Sequoia have been awesome so it was hard to pick. You can see what made up my mind here:

You can see there are 4 new ones that are starting to take up space. They are the plants that will be featured in my separate grow thread due to the strain.

The flowering side is just bursting with activity now:

As you can see, there's another guest in there:

It's Sequoia the Afghooey!:

As you can see, the strain is a little more N sensitive than the PK. I decided to go ahead and lower the amount of blood meal in my mix as it seems only the PK really thrives on the amount that I previously put in. In addition, I'm using a mix of Ocean Forest and Light Warrior now. The texture is just amazing. Really good stuff.

Anyway, can't wait to see the Afghooey produce.

Sierra will be trimmed and potted for motherhood tomorrow.

Now we move on to the PK clones:

They are looking quite lovely and putting off an intoxicating smell:

I was more diligent about trimming the lower stuff as there is a noticeable difference in quality from the top cola bud and the popcorn:

I'll definitely be taking more clones of this one for the cabinet soon.

We wrap up this evenin' with Quintessa the OG Kush x Trainwreck:

Getting nice and frosty:

The smell is quite unique. It's really hard to describe. It's like a cross between skunk and smokey eucalyptus... or something like that.

By the way, Sprout made for some excellent smoke. Love the high on her. No real ceiling. Just more and more euphoric, energetic, creative and fun.

Definitely more potent than her cousin Dorothy who was a PK x PK instead of the straight stock that Sprout came from.

Finished up the butter this evening after smoking a decent amount of her. Just to give you an idea of the effects, I started to visualize space in the butter cooking:

Is it really so odd?:

Anyway, flower is busy and full now:

One last look:

White

Hey Quazi,
Looking great as always bro. Loved the Story of Sprout. Keep it up, reading your posts (as I regularly do) keeps me going and shows me a great example of dedication and love for growing. Stay up and stay safe brother.

Peace,
White

Quazi

Evenin' everyone!

White: thanks for stopping by! Your cab is coming along nicely too :wink:

free radical: thanks! The butter is delicious. I got done eating a batch of medical mac 'n' cheese about 30-45 minutes ago and maaaaan am I feeling wonderful.

Well everyone: it seems that my updates have been migrating to the weekends. That's okay with me if it's okay with you.

Now then...

Things are looking quite spectacular everywhere. The veg side is looking nice and flower is coming along very nicely as well. They're about a week and a half out from starting the flush. Anyway, on with the show!

Nothing too extraordinary going on in the veg side of things. Got 4 seedlings on their 4th or so set of true leaves. They've been transported into their larger containers.

So we'll just have a flower-filled update!

First we'll start with Sequoia the Afghooey after her first week of flower:

Quite different than last week:

Already throwing some bud sites:

The other two girls are looking and smelling awesome:

First, it's been determined that the likelihood of Purple Kush is no more. The person I got the clones from did some checking and remembering and from now on they'll be referred to as Pure Kush until I know otherwise.

Let me tell you... this stuff is powerful stuff. Very up and euphoric. I finally smoked a joint of Sprout and I was so high after 10 minutes that I started to have effects and feelings similar to LSD or mushrooms. The sort of silent awakening and awareness of the smallness of your surroundings. You know what I mean... :wink:

I had to step away from my desk and dance to the music on the computer. I kid you not. After this, I managed to clean the entire house humming and singing to myself the whole time. I also managed to have entire conversations clearly and vividly in my head while cleaning. There was a stupid grin on my face the entire time. This was 5 hours ago and the medi-mac is only now adding an undertone to the awesome high.

Mind you: I have a very high tolerance. I love this stuff. I can take a hit and walk away for quite some time without coming back:

Anyway, her sisters are coming along beautifully:

The trichs are mostly cloudy with some amber appearing here and there:

Next, we'll move on to Quintessa, the OG Kush x Trainwreck who is finally starting to show her worth. We're talking Frosted Flakes Kellogg's style:

The buds are starting to fatten up. The fan leaves fell quite early on this girl:

Here you can see the newer calyxes starting to swell with age and ripeness:

Beautiful pattern of leaves around the bud:

The trichomes are more densely populated with this strain compared to the Pure Kush:

They are just everywhere with very little spacing between them:

Anyway, it'll be interesting to give her a smoke for sure.

So, we've got a couple of girls almost 6 weeks in flower that are starting to show signs of amber shading in some of the trichs. I figure they'll get 1 more feeding of water, one more with nutes, and then they'll start the 2 week flush. If I start seeing too much amber after this next plain watering, then consider the flush started :wink:

Quite the happy new year so far.

Before we go:

Last edited:

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Fuckin A+ Quazi! I'm sitting here tokin on some freshly cut bud myself and my mouth is still watering over those pics. Is that first bud dry? Looks fluffy..but thick if that makes sense...Quintessa is looking great too, I didn't catch how old she was. Still lurking around, peace.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Damn, Quaz, you got a veritable cornucopia of weed going on. Very impressive.

Hey Quazi!
What are you using to take the closeup pics of the trichombs?

Pretty sure he's using one of these EyeClops BioniCam
Price has been bouncing between $18-$30. Anything over $25 qualifies for free shipping. A shoddy, cheap toy thats a PITA to use, it gives GREAT pics.

White

White: thanks for stopping by! Your cab is coming along nicely too :wink:

Always a joy to see your updates man, I don't stop by enough. I'm nearly done with the cab bro, I was lookin over my thread the other day and realized you were one of the first to stop by. If seeds arrive on time, I should be sprouting around the 1st of Feb. Stay green brother.

Peace,
White

Atlantic Side

Hey Q! Just wanted to say how awesome your plants look! You have inspired me to take on this endeavor as well. Now if only I can get a dec. bagseed...

Quazi

Rob547: yes it was dry and had started curing actually. Just fluffy-looking stuff I guess. It's good though!

justanotherbozo: glad to be of help! Hope you have a great year too!

jasonk: Yup, it's the BioniCam "toy"!

FreezerBoy: thanks man! Pleasure as always!

White: thanks for stopping by! Good luck in your travels with those beans!

Atlantic Side: thanks! Glad to be an inspiration. Just get a bean, any bean. Someone once said all the elite clones once started out as bag seed!

chitownsmoking: no CFLs in flower. Just HPS!

Well everyone, I apologize for not updating last week. I was just getting too frustrated with ICMag as it was undergoing its growing pains.

Things look good now!

We're within about a week or so for next harvest so that's always a good thing.

First we'll peek into veg:
picture.php

Things are looking loverly in there:
picture.php

Next, we'll take in the flowering side where there are just amazing smells coming from:
picture.php

First we'll start with Sequoia the Afghooey:
picture.php

She's stretched out plenty and thrown some really nice sites. The colas are gonna be great on this girl:
picture.php

She's starting to get very stinky too. Can't wait!

Next, we'll move on to the PK clones who are at day 54 in flower:
picture.php

Couple of a beautiful, select bud:
picture.php

picture.php

Some close-up action:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Now, we'll move on to Quintessa the OG Kush x Trainwreck. All I can say is this stuff looks like it was definitely worth the trouble:
picture.php

Very photogenic:
picture.php

picture.php

The trichomes are just everywhere:
picture.php

picture.php

They are really fat and healthy looking too. Check out this lovely one with the beautiful clear amber and cloudy:
picture.php

The smell coming off of the plant is like vanilla beans tossed in fresh herbs with a squeeze of citrus and skunk. I cannot wait to smoke this stuff.

Both the PK and the OGKxTW are looking ripe and close to readiness. There is enough amber for me to be happy harvesting them now, but they've been fattening up a bit the last couple days so I think I'm going to give them another 2 days, maybe 3. So, you can probably expect some harvest pics in the next update.

Until next time:
picture.php

Last edited:

leaddraft

Thats awsome Quazi..
I'm thinking about gettin another 70HPS to go with the one I got... Your getting great results with 150, so why not 140? ;)

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Sup Quazi!? Another great update, as usual. I get excited whenever I see a new post notification email in my inbox with the subject of this thread on it! Your ladies look lovely and I hope they keep working wonders for you.

By the way, I finally started my first grow. You and your posts were a big inspiration for me, so I'd be honored to have you come by and take a look in our grow journal. The link is posted in my sig line if you're interested!