What's new

{150w HPS All-in-One Micro Cab} ~Mazar Kush~ {10 Clone Ebb & Flow SOG Diary}

Asil

Pontiac, So you like the areo, me too.LOL Just wait till u see the next updates. Canopy is all about the same hieght, Pistols are popping everywhere. I am excited for this one. Being in my cabinet has allowed me to pay more attention to it. Not like the shed where I would only check on them three times aweek. I love coming home at lunch and opening up the cabinet to check on the ladies.

This should be a much better grow then my shed grow. The two plants that I have haversted and that got pollenated only yeaild me about 2 oz dried. But the one remaining plant looks to beat that by maybe 4x's, if the damn thing would finish.

I may have to try HST in my cabinet all the plants are 6" from the cooltube and I think they are still streching some. I have to say the good thing about that cooltube is the glass is not even hot.

Well looking forward to your next update and keep up the great work.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
pontiac, my cab is about 22" high in flower. I use a bat wing and a cool tube. The tube and tips of the wing cut into this area. Long story short, I'm too lazy to scrog and my sog(s) always get too tall! As a result, most of my grows use this high stress training method. As I've never really ended up with all cola plants, I allow the lower growth to stretch and they usually make it into the usable light. I guess a down side might be that a true sog produces more bud as colas bigger than side branching.

Do you pinch the stem? The reason I ask, I have two rather large (for the 15"x24" space) Zombie Virus babes and the stems are super hollow. They're every bit as big as a large diameter soda straw. Anywho, I just wait until the plants need water and bend most of the upper stem into a curve rather than pinch and whatever. The tie is just below the upper cola, now the lower cola buds separate from the main stem and start to grow like side branching. The upper colas, (usually 3" above the tie on average) usually get about 6" by harvest.

Oh yeah, on to my question. If these main stems were pinched, the pinch will callous(sp?) and the inside diameter of the stem will reduce. Is this a factor in nutrient uptake?

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Asil - Hehe, yea I know how you feel about the shed. :petting: My 400w grow was 2 floors down in the back room of my basement. :wallbash: My basement didn't have a source of water so I had to carry down 10 gallons of water every 2 or 3 days to feed my AK48 and some other plants. :frown: Now that our setups are in easy reach, doesn't it just feel great? :jump:
2oz is pretty decent considering the troubles you ran into. I hope the last one finishes soon; I can imagine your mouth is just watering over her. :canabis:
It's good to hear your cooltube's glass doesn't get hot. :yes: Means you won't have too much worry like I did when I had height problems. :noway: My floralux scorched some buds that came within millimeters of the glass even at max fan speed. Now that I cutback on the veg time, this will no longer be an issue.
Can't wait to see more updates. :lurk: Thanks for stopping! :wave:

DiscoBiscuit - Hey Disc :wave: Yes I do pinch the stems when things start looking bleak, in terms of height, that is. :drum: This is especially useful when you're midway into flowering; you don't want to top the main cola, :noway: but you still want to halt vertical growth until late flowering. I noticed the plants still drink more or less at the same rate before and after a pinch or top. This is probably due to the side growth rapidly making up for the branch you just pinched or topped. :chin: Thanks for stopping by, friend. :friends:

Hey mate!) Great grow you have here :)
Sorry you lost some harvest due to a trip, but lets hope the new one will kick that one's butt))
Best of luck to you and your green babes ;)

Oh, btw, does the fact you use clones that are close to each other make it a SOG grow? Kinda curious

Asil

Hey Pontiac, I am excited about that last plant. I hope it finishes soon it has been 90 days since I flipped it. I put my clones in the shed. They have gotten to big for my veg area in my cabinet. So I should be harvesting in October and November.

the cabinet it rocking. I had to HST about 4 of the plants. They where all the way up in to the cooltube. These plants are looking so good. The SD x Chem d are frosting right up. This is so much better then my first grow. Will try to update my thread this weekend.

Pontiac, i liked what you did with the grow cab. Efficent and effective system.

First time results were nice 2 ounces isnt to bad. Lets see 3-4 ounces this time.

Keep up the growing! :joint:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
ah doin another rodeo huh! like bruce willis says... yippy kiy yay mother F*cker!

707Corridor

Great Work Pontiac. I haven't been around but your harvest looks like a success.

Nice job! when will the next show start up?!

:joint:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Sorry for the lack of updates and responses guys... :frown: I've been really busy lately... :badday: I'll probably stay busy until a few more weeks. :wallbash:

hermanshooltz - Hey herman! :) Thanks for the compliment! :yes: I'm not confident to say this run will beat the last one; I'm still trying to pin-point the right vegging time for this cab. :drum: Yes, the closer the plants are together, the more of a SOG it is. Then only problem was that in my first run, the prolonged veg time caused the clones to over-stretch and it just looked like a mess. Still got a decent harvest though! :D

Asil - Damn! :nono: I gotta catchup with your thread again! :D BRB. :Bolt:

SkilledGrower - Hehe thanks, Skilled! :cool: 3-4 ounces will come once I pick a heavier strain and find the perfect vegging time for this cab. I'm getting closer and closer to finding that perfect vegging time with every new round. Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

SirSmokalot - ROFL :biglaugh: :spank: That's the right attitude. :whip: Thanks for stopping, sir! :wave:

707Corridor - Hey 7'! :) I currently have another round going for 27 days now. :canabis: Looks like your plants just exploded :yoinks: during your disappearance :biglaugh: I can't wait for the end results! :lurk:

bengie187 - Heya bengie! Thanks for checking in; :) I really appreciate it. :eek:: I'll check in to see how you're doing in a minute. Thanks for stopping! :wave:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
-----------------------------------
DAY 27 (Flowering DAY 27/56)
29 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING UNTIL HARVEST
Avg Height: 4.00", Photoperiod On/Off: 12hrs/12hrs,
Temp In/Out/Res: 86F/82F/78F, Humidity: 51%,
Ph: 5.88, TDS: 504ppm @ 0.5 conversion.

-----------------------------------​

Now THIS is how my SOG should have been from the start. :D So far, all of them are consistent single-cola sticklets that are starting to bulk up with hairs and trichs. :yes: They are rather small due to the lack of vegging, but I definitely prefer the way they are now over the way they were in the first run. :cool:

picture.php

The lack of vegetative growth is causing a single-cola sea of green

DiscoBiscuit was right though: :drum: In future rounds, I'm going to have to pick a vegging time that's between what I chose this round and the last; That's if I want to get anywhere near 3oz. I'm guessing 7 days (+/- 2) or so will end up being the perfect veg duration for this cab. :chin: Alternatively, I can instead add more clones to the Ebb & Flow and continue on without vegging. Decisions, decisions, decisions... :wallbash:

picture.php

Still has a lot more bulking up to do

So far, all the clones are in perfect health and are starting to bulk up pretty nicely. :yes: Due to their relatively small size, I'm feeding them at half strength, meaning I just divide the recommended quantities of the respective nutrients in half. They seemed to have suffered an N-deficiency early on the grow, but this turned out to be false. :noway: Turns out they were just stressed out from adapting to their new environment. PH stability was a hassle early on the grow as expected, but it finally stabilized after many readjustments.

Well thats all for this update. I'll try to free up time and post more frequently. Thanks for stopping! :wave:

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking lovely mate - 2 nice neat rows - it'll be interesting to see how much they fill out!

V.

bengie187

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:.....them are looking nice and even........i can only dream of mine looking so good when i get to that point.....quick question when you started this second run did you clean the tub and hydrotons ect??

Man they look great!) Just so straight and tidy, love the view of single-bud plants :)
I think it would be quite efficient to go budcycle and just put in a bunch of clones every 2-3 weeks
Peace ;)

Stevius

Glad you are satisfied with your setup now. Im really looking forward at this grow, cause something similar I have in my mind. :chin: SOG but not hydro... maybe later, but defintely SOG. After all it is one of the most efficient techniques.

Also like those single-cola clones. Looks really nice! :canabis:

Keep it green and stay safe bro! :wave:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Looking good pontiac! I bet you get as much veg growth in a week as I get in three with soil. Keep up the good work.:D

SirSmokalot

Veteran
nice and tidy in there...
lil popcicles rows how neat.
i want to do that with autoflowers in my veg area in my lil flood tray

SirSmokalot

Veteran
also how rooted to those bigger rock wool cubs. you would prob do awesome with topping the cuts asap after rooting, trimming all BS of (lolipopping) allowing to root that cube a lot in 2 weeks and still be short enough. you will have lowprofile plants with 2-4 cleaned up branches(no mess) and a much bigger yeild do to that fact of having more roots and more top sites. your last grow would have ben tits if it was a lil shorter and thinned out of all the bs undergrowth. in your sit always clean the lowers(branches & lowest sites) off for colas. that lil hps doesnt penetrate to far down, but your closedin cab walls help to not waste anything
i just dont see 3 oz from a 7day veg and 10 clones with 1 top. maybe under mh or t5(veg really fast) i would hate to see ya miss your mark is all. i know how frusterating it can be to come up short after all that hard work and thought and energy. maybe i am wrong. just my 2 cents and lookin out brotha thats all
oh and i dont want to forget, cover those RW cubes to avoid algae growth but you prob know that already...
try handwatering over the tops of the RW on your flush days to rinse any salt built up on the tops. it likes to wick it up and dry a crust on the top sometimes if not dealt with, and that can affect ph and plant health later in life and potential lockouts whathaveyou.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
VerdantGreen - I can't wait either brother! :D I'm still kinda new to SOG so I'm not sure about what to expect. :drum: Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

bengie187 - :listen2: Bengie, I am completely confident that you'll turn out to be a master grower very very quickly. I noticed you're a rather dedicated and tenacious grower who loves what he does... I mean you replicated my cab and popped your first beans within a matter of weeks of finding this thread; that says enough. So hats off to you bro. :bis:
Anyway, to answer your question... I didn't do much cleaning before I started the second run. After harvesting and carefully removing the dead clones, all I did was leave the Ebb & Flow turned on with a clearex solution while the bud was drying in the cab. ;)
However, I will most definitely do a full cleaning of the Ebb & Flow before the next round. By that I mean I will replace or thoroughly rinse the hydroton; change the foam filter in the pump; scour the tray, fittings, reservoir, etc. I plan on doing this because I noticed the Ebb & Flow is running a little sluggish lately, which probably means there are lingering sediments that are hindering fluid flow. :chin:

hermanshooltz - Thanks Herman! :jump: Hmm... I do like the sound of that... :chin: Collecting fresh bud every few weeks rather than every few months. Thanks for the suggestion; I think I'll look into it more.

Stevius - Yea gotta love the SOG :) Cuts down veg time so you save on nutes, electricity :2cents: (remember, 18/6 uses 50% more power than 12/12) and days between harvests. Lets not forget you're pretty much growing the best part of the plant if you're doing it single-cola style.
Really looking forward to your next SOG, friend. :canabis:

DiscoBiscuit & Hella THC- :biglaugh: LOL, yea as depicted in the previous round. :D Thanks for stopping by, bros! :friends:

SirSmokalot - Ahh the knight in hempy armor :biglaugh: Thanks for the compliment; :yes: can't wait to see them autoflowers in some SOG action :lurk:
Yea I myself am beginning to arrive at the realization that 3oz isn't likely with the current situation. I'll need a much heavier strain and some devine luck... Ahh well, I'm still toking on the 2oz from the last run :joint:, don't really see the point of maximizing yield anymore. :noway: It's potency I should really focus on. :canabis:
I didn't allow the plants to root much in the bigger rockwool cubes; I just dropped them in and went straight to flowering. ;) This is probably why they remained short and allowed for single-cola growth; the plants stayed focused on creating a root foundation instead of stretching for flowering. I do like your alternative method of letting them expend their roots and topping them to keep them short... Think i'll just do that in the next round. :yes:
Call me crazy :crazy: but I think the algae is somewhat beneficial (you may call me crazy now). I noticed that the algae is eating up the salt deposits that crusted up to the rockwool and upper hydroton. Also, the algae seems to be only infesting the top layer of the tray, leaving the rooted bottom seemingly untouched. I dunno, I think I'll play it safe and eradicate them with H202 and block covers anyway. Thanks for stopping by, sir; always a treat when you do. :wave:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts