What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

{150w HPS All-in-One Micro Cab} ~Mazar Kush~ {10 Clone Ebb & Flow SOG Diary}

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Asil - Thanks for checking in on me brother. :) I got a lot of catching up to do... Think I'll start off with your thread. :chin:

Maj.PotHead - Thanks for stopping by old friend! :D I'm starting another run ASAP; hope to see you there! :wave:

bengie187 - Guess I got back JIT ;) How about some pics of your masterpiece? :kewlpics: Umm... about the low RH issue... If you're doing ebb and flow, you could try raising the drain level. This should increase the amount of water contacting the ambient air. Also, you can get a mini humidifier and put it in your cab if the former doesn't seem to work. Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Peat - Thanks buddy! Looks like you left me a little present in my inbox! :yes: Gonna have to update the link-o-rama asap! :whip:

rasputin - Hehe, Yea they sure were some stretchy girls... :frown: But what they lacked in compactness, they made up in frostiness. :canabis: Can't wait to give them a :joint:

Stevius - Hahaha, thanks bro. :laughing: Looks like he did do his homework. He seemed to have followed the books pretty well so far. I think I'll give him a B.... Maybe a B+ since we're related. :D Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

SirSmokalot - :eek: How did you know when I was comming back? :chin: Not only are you a good grower, you're a good psychic! :yoinks: Lol, thanks for stopping by! :yes:

VerdantGreen - Thanks bro! :) Glad to be back! :friends:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
That's the best long distance haul from a cell phone ever I see. Glad yer back dude and look forward to more grows. Hope the trip was trippy.

Asil

Brother, good to hear you got some frosty buds to enjoy while growing your next crop. I started my cabinet grow with one one week of veg for the clones. They where about 6" when fliped. I hope the strech ends soon or I will be in the same boat as you.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Alright guys, heres my harvest... :yummy: well most of it at least... :D last night we smoked or gave away nearly 10 grams :yoinks:

Harvest of Mazar Kush - Round #1

25g in Jar
25g in Jar
10g Consumed
==============
60 Grams +/- 1g
2.11 Ounces

==============
0.4 Gram/Watt

Edit- Harvest was weighed when a few buds were
considered a little "wet", according to some.
Actual dry weight may be a bit lower.

picture.php

Each jar holds 25 grams... Not pictured are 10 grams of harvest.

I missed my minimum target by just about an entire ounce, so there's definitely room for improvement in round 2. In round 2, I will not veg the clones; instead, I will put them directly under 12/12. This should reduce stretching and improve yields. I'll begin round 2 as soon as possible.

Smoke Report

picture.php

Just a random nug...​

The Mazar Kush buds turned out to be a little airy but frosty. The aroma of the bud is simply phenomenal; kind of like a sweet, hashy, and spicy smell with a slight hint of citrus. The smoke was smooth and pleasant with lots of flavor. The effects of the smoke were immediately noticeable; a straight to the head stone effect.

After a few joints, everything around me was MUCH MUCH brighter and livelier (I can't stress this enough :eek:); just a beautiful effect. Though the effects were stoney, neither I nor my friends were couch-locked. We were moving around, talking, laughing; just having lots of fun from what would've been a typical mundane hangout.

Mazar Kush is definitely a medicinal strain; there is no question. I had absolutely no paranoia or anxiety like I did with AK48. Instead, I was calm, relaxed and felt the tension just melt away. This strain is also great to bring to parties or hangouts.

Though this strain is a rather poor yielder, I will definitely grow it again. :yes:

Last edited:
P

Peat

:yeahthats

:canabis: That Mazar Kush sounds very nice!

Nice pic too!

How many weeks does she take?

She looks and sounds a little more "sativa leaning" than what I think of from most kush's. :chin:
Which is a good thing, in my book. :yes:

:lurk:n for the next round!

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DiscoBiscuit - Thanks bro! :friends: Lets just say it was as long distance as it gets. :nono: Looking forward to your new grows too. ;)

Asil - Can't wait to see those plants in your new Aero take off. :yes: One word of advice: don't be afraid to HST (bend/snap) them later into bloom if you feel its necessary (especially if they're approaching the light). I noticed if you HST the right way instead of topping, you can still preserve the tops and slow vertical growth at the same time. Take it easy bro. :wave:

Stevius - If weed wasn't illegal, I'd give everyone here a sample. :joint: Really tasty and smooth bud. Thanks for stopping!

K.J - Thanks friend :D A summary of this weed is it's a good mellow tasty smoke, :yes: but a low yielder. :no: Still, in my case I think the importance of quality far exceeds the importance of quantity. Thanks for stopping by. :wave:

Peat - Well if it isn't the DIYer of the month. :D Yea, now that you mention it, the effects were a bit different from a typical pure indie... :eek: Good breeding I guess :chin:. She finished by 52 days of 12/12 with mostly cloudy trichs... Could've gone a few more days to allow more brown trichs though. :drum:

SirSmokalot - Thanks old friend. :headbange Enjoy your new godly harvest. :yoinks: Thanks for stopping by.

hoosierdaddy - Hehe :biglaugh: Thanks!

bengie187

Pics

Pics

Cab is easy to build and operate with some knowledge and help from you guys online here......

Nice and clean....Had four seedlings to go up in the top chamber but 3 died :mad: due to me being away at a concert for a cpl of days....but looking on the bright side the one suvivor is show preflowers of bieng female :jump:....I started another set of seeds just incase i fuk somthing up.....any questions feel free to ask

Attachments

• my first little one 001.jpg
    my first little one 001.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 18
  • my first little one 002.jpg
    my first little one 002.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 10
  • my first little one 003.jpg
    my first little one 003.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 8

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Cab is easy to build and operate with some knowledge and help from you guys online here......

Nice and clean....Had four seedlings to go up in the top chamber but 3 died :mad: due to me being away at a concert for a cpl of days....but looking on the bright side the one suvivor is show preflowers of bieng female :jump:....I started another set of seeds just incase i fuk somthing up.....any questions feel free to ask

Oooh niiice job bengie! :jump: *sniff* It's beautiful *snif* :redface: For a second there, I thought I was looking at my own cab! :biglaugh:

Sorry to hear about your seedlings, friend. :frown: However, seedlings are replaceable unlike many oppertunities. :2cents: So don't feel too bad about loosing them. :petting: Besides, it looks like your surviving female will turn out to be a stunner, considering she's the only one that survived. I'd move her to the mother sector, grow her big and strong, then clone her for a nice even canopy for the bloom sector.

Anyway, whatever you do be sure to start a diary sometime! :whip:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
-----------------------------------
Mazar Kush Round 2
-----------------------------------
DAY 01 (Flowering DAY 01/56)
55 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING UNTIL HARVEST
Avg Height: 1.50", Photoperiod On/Off: 12hrs/12hrs,
Temp In/Out/Res: 86F/80F/76F, Humidity: 53%,
Ph: 5.57, TDS: 260ppm @ 0.5 conversion.

-----------------------------------​

Well that was quick. :woohoo:

It has been only a few days since the harvest of round 1 and I have already started round 2. I love this setup! :jump: No need to get new soil, no need to pop new seeds, hardly any need to clean, etc.; everything was virtually all ready by the time I harvested. All I had to do was carefully remove the reaped clones and their roots, then pop in some new clones and viola! :cool:

The new clones are looking quite healthy despite being fed no nutes until now. :canabis: They're a lot more consistent and better rooted than my first batch of clones at the same age. :yes:

picture.php

This time, clones are placed directly under 12/12

As previously stated, I don't even plan on vegging the clones this round in order to prevent stretching as the likes of the previous round. :noway: I also reduced the flood frequency so they have less to drink, which should decrease the growth rate even further. :chin:

The nutrients currently being fed are just MaxiBloom and Floralicious Grow; no veg nutes whatsoever. I'm worried that the lack of veg nutes will cause an N-deficiency later down the road. :frown: However, I think that MaxiBloom has plenty of nitrogen to last through the entire grow. After all, it is pretty much the Lucas formula in dried form. :)

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Yep, those look better than the first round. The second batch will probably grow through the mdf panels. just kidding :biglaugh:

I like your style, no dickin around between rounds.

Anima

Heya pontiac!! :wave:
I just perusing through your thread...
I have it tagged..need to keep up more... have been rather busy... but anyways....
I think I can chime in a bit about your rising pH problems (prior to post #70) and your salt deposits. You might have came to the same conclusions..

I believe the "white salt" buildup is caused by the rockwool being higher than the floodline and nute/water gets wicked up every flood..then dries...then wicked and dried.. so the buildup occurs more and more every flood.

I avoid the problem by having the top of the rockwool more or less equal to the flood level. And also covering the top of the rockwool with a layer of hydroton that stays dry helps keep algae from taking hold.
-Grow on!

Peace and kindness
-Anima

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DiscoBiscuit - Hehe, thanks friend! :) I'm guessing they look better than the first batch because the mother was more mature the second time around, :drum: which probably means the cuttings had more stored energy to last even longer without feeding. Thanks for stopping by friend! :wave:

bengie187 - :listen2: The mother is in an old yogurt container approximately 5/8 gallons in capacity (any capacity from 1 quart to 1 gallon is good enough for small setups like ours). I carefully drilled two half inch holes in the bottom for proper drainage; works as great as any store bought plant container. The medium is 3 parts coco coir for every 1 part of hydroton mixed thoroughly; this makes for good drainage and aeration yet holds enough water to sustain the plant. :yes:

Anima - I actually thought about that once, :chin: but didn't think it could be so simple. :eek: I guess it is! :D Thanks for confirming it, Anima! :respect: Problem is, i'm out of hydroton atm; :wallbash: gonna have to get more. Thanks for the help and thanks for stopping by! :wave:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice to see the next run already in! - you're working with the same genetics as last time yes?, 12/12 straight off is a good move after the stretch last time - it'll be interesting to see if you end up sticking at that or going somewhere inbetween 12/12 and your original veg time.

V.

Asil

Oh man here we go again. Looking good brother. I let my clones veg for about 6 days I think.

About that HST, I bent one of my colas in the shed. It fell right over I hope that it doesnt kill the cola. I have about two more weeks on that plant.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
VerdantGreen - Hehe thanks :yes: Yea, the clones are of the very same genetics from Round 1. Considering this strain got some serious legs to it :Bolt:, I can't imagine vegging for more than a week. :frown: If it wasn't for the awesome smoke :smoker: and mellow stone, I would've moved on to another strain. :drum: Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Asil - Thanks bro. :D Your Aero's gettin me jealous :mad: 6 days seems just about right, :yes: Don't think you have much to worry about, :noway: except for some bending here and there. The trick to HSTing is you have to find the right spot to bend, one where it won't cause the stem to tip right over, but rather allows you to slowly adjust the bend. Getting it right takes some practice, but eventually it'll be cake. :tongue: If you feel the bending will prove too extreme for the plant, you can reduce the risk of branch death by undoing the bend and reinforcing the stem with a straw and some tape. Anyway, I got my eye on your grow; keep us updated, friend. :lurk: