What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

{150w HPS All-in-One Micro Cab} ~Mazar Kush~ {10 Clone Ebb & Flow SOG Diary}

G

Gilles&Cheryl

That is a fantastic cab. A lot of people talk about SOG but you rarely see a true sea of green. I cant wait to see the outcome of this one, you're doing a great job.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
the look very very healthy bro, stretch or no stretch, I think you should be fine

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
:party:

VerdantGreen - Yea I REALLY underestimated this strain's growth rate. :nono: I think I'm gonna have to put on the glass shield so they don't stretch all the way to their doom! Thanks for stopping by buddy! :wave:

Asil - Thanks Asil, :smile: it's normal for a cutting to yellow up before rooting, no need to worry too much.
Absolutely you can grow 8 plants in a space of that size. Aero sound perfect; keep us updated on its progress. :yes:
Remember, the more plants per area, the less veg time you need. :chin: It's difficult to determine the exact veg time for a new strain. Sometimes you'll be spot on, other times you'll overshoot. Obviously if you look at my grow, I overshot the vegging period by up to a whole week... 7-10 days would've saved me so much headache. Now these monsters are taking up the entire cab! :wallbash:
Just remember weed will stretch 2-4x its veg height by the end of flowering, so plan accordingly. :2cents: Thanks for stopping by friend! :wave:

DiscoBiscuit - Hahaha you know it Disco :biglaugh: Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Payaso - Hey veteran :D I'm so happy you're still watching. :lurk:

HippyJohnny - Thanks Hippy! :smile: It'll be really tough chopping them down on harvest day. :frown:

Gilles&Cheryl - I wouldn't expect too much from this run. :noway: The over-vegging will cost me I think. Next run should be a lot more SOGish and yield heavier. Thanks for watching and thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Dr Dog - :respect: Thanks Doc! :respect:

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
I know exactly what you mean Pontiac. My ladies grew right up into the HPS too. I haven't yet put on the glass cover, but maybe I should. I'm sure it's hot up there (my thermometer probe weighs down the plants too much for me to put it up that high). I'm getting some clawing and at first I thought it was genetic, but now I see it appearing on some plants of a different strain, so I wonder if it's the heat. But then, not all of the clawing leaves are on the taller plants at the top, some are near the middle section on other plants, and the ca in general is only about 79-80 at its hottest.

H

HippyJohnny

Pontiac would putting a screen on the girls have helped? I love the way you have the flood and drain in the cab,
I was surprised you didnt go scrog looking at it now.

Pro's - Cons?

:joint: Peace

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
dude P
i go away for a week and you blow up oin me... good thing you got homew in time. topping is prob gonna help. i see you benefitting

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
So guys I have to leave town for a few weeks, :frown: so I'm leaving the rest of this grow in my brothers care. Hopefully this baboon :monkeyeat will take good care of them as I did so far; lol, jk. :biglaugh:

I should be back in time to post the final weight and harvest pics; if not, I'll make him do it. :yes: 'Till then, stay high and take care of yourselves; you guys were awesome. :wave:

I'll keep in touch by lurking the forums every chance I get. :smile:

------------------------------

K.J - Hey K.J :wave: Since you said the clawing is happening at the mid section as well, it could be a nutrient def or a combination of heat and a nute def. You might want to take a few pics and post the problem in the infirmary if it gets out of hand. I'm getting some leave clawing myself, but it happens only under the HPS, which indicates a direct heat issue.

bengie187 - A fine choice sir :yes: The lack of duct fittings on the reflector shouldn't be a big problem if you place the inlet of your exhaust ducting near the HPS.

HippyJohnny - Hey Hippy :smile: No a screen wouldn't have helped much; it would've helped me far more if I vegged for half the time, or even not at all. By the time I come back, this run will have concluded and I'll use the lessons I learned for the very next run, which I'll document in this thread. I'll probably just directly go to 12/12 from clone; no vegging.

SirSmokalot - Thanks bud; gonna have to depart once again, unfortunately. :no: Topping, or should I say snapping, seemed to have done the trick. Hopefully these babies will swell up by the time I come back. :canabis: Thanks for stopping by buddy :wave:

Asil

Bother it is a sad day today. Sorry to hear you must leave your ladies so far along. I will try to get them pictures up of my new areo unit tonight so you can see them. I have the cabinet all finished, should have took pictures of the process but it is just a cab. I will surely miss your updates.

I will heed your advise and run 12/12 from clones just so I don't run out of room. Take care my friend and go make that money.

bengie187

Yeah i was thinking of mounting it somwhere maybe the "front" side of the light where the slits are already fab into the unit to sort of funnel the warm air away from the lamp itself...:dueling:..Unless on the top is better i now hot air rises and such but the exhaust fan should cause enough draw to not worry about and excaping upwards...

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Looking really good, Pontiac. They have some legs to em. Hope your plant keeper does well with them in your absence. Take it easy! :joint:

Stevius

Pontiac growing!!! :woohoo: And when I come, he leaves town for few weeks... DAMN! :wallbash:
Taggin this one...

Hope all is well and that your brother is doing his homework properly!

Come back soon, so that we can see how good your brother is at growin :wave:

Asil

Wow Pontiac, what is going on in your neck of the woods? Hope your brother is on top of things. Take care brother!

bengie187

SO i have completed your contraption and it all seems to be working very well the only issue im have or think im having is my RH is pretty low..:1help::1help:....any ideas on how to increase the value would be greatly appriacted

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
:grouphug: I'm Back Guys :grouphug:

Well... that was a long time away from home and I'm glad to be back. :cool: Unfortunately due to my leaving, I was unable to complete the diary... :frown:

Ah well, at least I got some frosty nugz drying up in the cab! Yes, the buds are drying as I'm writing this; :jump: my bro cut them down a day or two before I got back... A little earlier than planned, but I guess he just couldn't wait. They could've kept for another week, but I don't mind. :noway:

According to my bro, this is what happened with the grow during my absence: The pH stayed around 5.80, he never had to readjust it even once. :yes: The plants stretched to a point where HST was mandatory. :no: Two of the weaker clones died from high TDS levels... :wallbash:

My bro managed to take just one pic with his crappy cellphone cam, :mad: but I can't blame him since the digi cam was with me. :D

picture.php

I'm guessing this pic was taken a week or two before harvest with a cellphone cam...

Umm... other than that everything turned out OK I guess... Due to the stretching and the death of 2 clones, I don't expect an optimal yield. Somewhere around 2 ounces is a good guess, though this setup was designed to yield 3-5 oz under ideal conditions and with a heavy strain... As you can see, there is plenty of room for improvements.

I have a bunch of new Mazar Kush clones just aching to go into the main sector. I'll probably start a new diary in this thread sometime within this or next week. Unlike the previous grow, I will avoid vegging the clones in order to reduce stretching and to improve light distribution (a tip I learned from Dr. Dog).

I'll post pics of the dried buds and post the final weight in a few days so stay tuned! :lurk:

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats pretty good - for saying you werent even there!

should be enough to keep you going till next harvest...

nice to have you back :)

V.