What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150 watt Bogglegum SCROG

immortal

oops too late sleepy. I posted a thread on my issue with yellowing leaves. Well someone suggested vinegar to bring the ph down. Luckily I only tried it on two plus the runt. well one is limp and dying one looks almost unaffected and the runt looks a little limp and a little yellower. I flushed the dying one and well im not sure it will recover. I was gonna take some pics but, Kinda depressed now :confused:

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Immortal,

How much vinegar did you use? What was your ph before and after you added the vinegar? You really need a digital ph meter or something if you are going to be adjusting ph. You might have made the soil too acidic now.

MS

immortal

yea that was a very bad idea. I used maybe a quarter cup to like two or three cups of water. The one thats dying I think I kinda dumped the rest of the water into it. my ph was around 7 I think I was using a tester where u add powder to water and shake and outa powder. I just got impatient I guess. Well one is really healthy though real fat leaves real short hope its a female.

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Yeah that sounds like the culprit. The ph was 7 before you adjusted it, correct? That sounds like a lot of vinegar to add to me.

MS

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn immortal sorry to hear about your loss. Remember these plants we grow are weeds and can be easily killed with to much kindness,treat them like store bought bitches every now and then learn from your mistakes and get yourself some ph down and a ph pen so that this might not happen again. Good luck with the remaining crops.

Mr.Wags

immortal

ok pic one who thinks theres is still life in there I doubt itll make it
2 the runt hit em with a splash on vinegar its yellow but I think itll pull through Its a trifolate if ya diddnt notice
3/4 this is the one that convinced me to lower the ph with vinegar. the new growth since the transplant looks better when I take it out of the hps light.
5/6 that one looks good. Looks like the transplant fixed any probs she was having.
7/8 this one will be short and bushy and is the most healthy lookin one I have.

These Last 2 plants missed the vinegar treatment thank god. What was I thinking it all seems like a bad dream. Its really hard for me to post this right now I fell so stupid and embarrassed.

All future PH/Nute decisions will be put to a vote and im not getting any votes.

immortal

I stil have two bagseeds that look really healthy since the transplant they are a nice dark green. They have very thin stems though and are really scrawny lookin compared to the bogs. If the trifolate runt pulls through I will have to transplant it in a few days. Either I will have to kill one of the bagseeds or get rid of the dying boggle so I can have space.

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Well some of those look like they will make it so that is good. Just dont try so hard, especially at this early stage. They are really fragile still.

MS

immortal

What the hell was I thinking I dont know. I wasnt even stoned or drunk or anything which makes it so much worse. In fact I havent smoked in over 6 months and I dont drink much anymore. Honestly I feel Like beating the shit out of myself.

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Dont feel too bad... we've all killed plants with too much kindness.

the beating the shit out of yourself comment is pretty funny though!

immortal

ha ha ha yeah. well I only killed one and I learned my lesson. Better now then kill em all later. Im feelin a lil better. Thanks for the support.

immortal

internodal growth has taken off on the two short bushy plants and they are only like 4 inches tall. The two plants surviving the vinegar incident are doin much better. The trifolate runt is doing very good now since I transplanted him out of the vinegar tainted soil. I may put the other tainted plant into some fress soil soon also.

The Bagseeds were doing ok. One was topped at like the 3rd or 4th node about 2 days ago and still hasnt show much internodal growth. the other one I tied down so I could do a comparrison but as I was trying to get him lower the next day I snapped the topp of at the third node. I just pull the whole plant out and used that soil for the trifolate BOGGLE. I think Im gonna kill the other bagseed tonight its not even reacting very well to the topping I wasnt gonna flower the bagseed anyways.

immortal

Yeah I killed the other bagseed so I could get my other bogglegum out of the acidic soil. Ill be putting up some pics tomorrow.

immortal

ok so I was supposed to have pics yesturday but I just diddnt feel like it. The other plant that was bad off from the vinegar incident does not look like it will make it. New growth from the top was first coming out discolored then after I transplanted it into soil that was not vinegar tainted it has gotten wilted and has been that way for 2 days. All the internodes are showing growth but it is comming out yellowed.

I got my shippment with my nutes today. I got everything BOG uses in his methods. Ill start ferting the big plants as soon as they are ready for water.

The trifolate is doing great it has fully recovered from the vinegar incident. Most of the older growth has regained its green color and new growth is progressing very steadily.

SUPERTHRIVE. Came with my nutes. Gave a small dose to the dying plant as a latch ditch effort to save it. Also gave a light dose to the trifolate in hopes that he can catch up to the larger plants because I am tentatively planning to start flowering a week from monday.

I will be doing a scrog after all. I will put the screen 10 inches above the pots maybe even 12. It just seems much easier than tieing down branches. :canabis: :joint: :friends:

TRifolate RUNT

BOGGLE Short

BOGGLE Tall

the tall one is only like an inch or so taller and only because the shorter ones stem is twisted at the bottom. The shorter one is actually a little bit farther along overall. They both look beautiful. Im really happy now. I think im starting to smell a faint sweet smell but im not sure.

immortal

Actual the third and fourth pics are of the trifolate runt. the second pic is the dead plant which I pulled out a few min ago. the first pic is old and was posted by accident.

Also I think I have seen a preflover on the taller plant. its too small to differentiate though. Could it be just another branch? I though they only had one set of branches per node or am I wrong. its very small and I dont see anymore on that plant or the other one.

immortal

Ok, the pots of the bigguns were dry today so I gave them their first feeding. I added 1 tblspn of pure blend to a gallon of water and a half tablespoon of superthrive. still have a half gallon left. For the trifolate I added a half teespoon of pure blend to my spray bottle which had a lill bit of superthrive left in it and sprayed him down.

The preflower is starting to appear on other nodes as well and is kinda round but flat as well. the smaller plant has not shown preflowers.

immortal

Ok so it looks like its not a preflower. I was looking at it really closely and it looks like a leaf the tips of it were stuck between the two branches ill take a pic of what it looks like now tomorrow. preflowers dont usually show on the botom first anyway and thats the only thing on that node. Has anyone seem something like this before?

There are actual preflowers closer to the top of the plant on 1 or 2 nodes. 1 preflower on each side.

immortal

:wave: fuck the preflowers ill sex em in flower.

:canabis: I got some pics here. Got a lil fancy with em. There is a Gnome smokin a pipe in the backround and we all know that aint tobacco. He told me he didnt inhale though so its all good. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Latest posts